Page 18 of 145 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    BANNED

BANNED

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 02-15-2020 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    That, above all else, is what got me to officially renounce Green Lantern fandom. I still talk about Green Lantern (I guess because I know a lot about it), and I can appreciate some things about it, but I don't actually like it any more. The mythology has gone off the rails for me. First, it was all the redundant Corps and how they dominated everything for so long, and more recently, the number of human Green Lanterns watered down the mythology tremendously, and spread the focus well beyond a bursting point, and DC just kept doubling down and piling them on willy-nilly, not even knowing what to do with all those redundant characters. I just had enough, and realized that the mythology was more frustrating for me than it was fun. I guess I could have continued crossing my fingers and hoped things somehow improved, but I don't have patience for things like that, which are completely out of my control. At least I don't have the patience for it these days.
    Agreed. I don't blame you. I don't think the Green Lantern mythology is as strong as it used to be. Since there's way too many GL's, it makes the mythology even more confusing for new readers. Since there are so many human Green Lanterns, I get the impression that you don't need as much willpower to be a Green Lantern. It also makes the other Green Lanterns less special and unique.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    This image made me think that if Flash can date a female speedster, then John can date a female GL--maybe Jessica. They haven't had much interaction so far, but it could still happen at some point.
    I prefer him to be with someone else to be honest. If it has to be a GL, then someone like Iolande would be my pick over Jessica.

Ah, the thread's taking that tone again.

I'm looking forward to the next Justice League issue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    [IMG]I'm looking forward to the next Justice League issue
    Yeah, the last issue was really good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I prefer him to be with someone else to be honest. If it has to be a GL, then someone like Iolande would be my pick over Jessica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Love interests definitely add more dimension, and everyone has their own opinion, which is why the topic comes up so often and goes in circles.

Katma, Shayera, Mari, Tawny, Rose, Merayn, Soranik, Iolande, Jessica, Yrra, and many others-- Round and round we go.

BANNED

I know you all probably are gonna kill me but... kinda bored of John only doing action things, Corps/friends related or getting power ups like on Snyder´s Justice League, he needs more interesting things, like a new romance or recover one of oldest loves, instead only staying stoic on anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    I know you all probably are gonna kill me but... kinda bored of John only doing action things, Corps/friends related or getting power ups like on Snyder´s Justice League, he needs more interesting things, like a new romance or recover one of oldest loves, instead only staying stoic on anything.
    I think I know what you're getting at. The character lacks any real personal life or much of a personal motivation. He's been a pretty empty-ish, incomplete character for quite a long while. Perhaps ever since Mosaic, at least in the comics. He's usually just there to "save the day", like every single other hero is. That's all well and good, but without personal interest the character lacks meat and stakes and he's not particularly deep...Heh, "meat and stakes". That's pretty funny.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 02-16-2020 at 03:39 PM.

BANNED

Yes, that´s exactly what I was mean it. You know everything about Batman, Superman, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, even Martian Manhunter despite also not having a solo book, but John... at least he doesn´t a current personal life, maybe you know some things about his past, but his present? His favorite movie, his favorite food, his favorite series, anything? and the last woman he loved was brainwashed to love him, not so good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Because there is a need to build up a fully developed character not one that is asexual or does not have a social life.

Because right now it's hard to sell John and there is nothing to him but that planet story line. Since New 52-we have seen almost everything from the others (maybe not Guy so much).

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because there is a need to build up a fully developed character not one that is asexual or does not have a social life.

Because right now it's hard to sell John and there is nothing to him but that planet story line. Since New 52-we have seen almost everything from the others (maybe not Guy so much).
    Exactly. When Van Jensen was writing John Stewart at the time, there weren't really any complaints in the John Stewart thread. This tends to happen if John is lacking solo material.

For these issues to be fixed, John Stewart needs a solo book. I doubt the upcoming GL 100 page special would have anything interesting with John in it. I'm sure he's just going to be there in the background and probably propping up other Green Lantern characters. Seeing how Kyle, Hal, and Guy have their own covers, while John Stewart doesn't, is an example of a lack of interest. This is not really surprising, considering Geoff Johns is involved in that project. Every time when he's around John Stewart seems to get shafted. Geoff Johns and John Stewart doesn't mix well.

BANNED

How it should be tittle a John Stewart solo book? John Stewart: Green Lantern, Green Lantern: Forever Soldier or something like that? About Geoff Johns, to be fair, he always focus on Hal Jordan, even Kyle and Guy when Johns writes only shows up to cheer Hal... but at least Kyle on New 52! had book where he was the main character, GL and the New Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    This image made me think that if Flash can date a female speedster, then John can date a female GL--maybe Jessica. They haven't had much interaction so far, but it could still happen at some point.

Side note: No former sidekick of the Joker should EVER be allowed to be in the Justice League, period. Harley Quinn's inclusion in this Justice League roster shot is just plain dumb, in my opinion. She may be popular, but she is not Justice League material. DC is trying to turn her into something she's not. Next thing you know, she'll replace one of the "Big 7" or whatever in the current flagship Justice League book, if DC keeps going down this path. Let's hope she doesn't replace John Stewart.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi