Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Not that meh...Hellfire Club written by the best writer in Marvel. I might see Shaw, Maddie, and Selene in one issue. Im intrigued by that fan favorite character in Civil War #3.

Nothing really new.

Magneto vs BB would be interesting but considering the power of the two would be a dangerous thing for others caught in the crossfire a city would be wiped out with these guys.

The original X-mens not have deadline to return to your own time tsk .

Unfortunately it looks like we will get stuck to the Inhumans for some time then it is better to accept this trial.
    Last edited by Knives; 07-21-2016 at 05:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Nothing really new.

Magneto vs BB would be interesting but considering the power of the two would be a dangerous thing for others caught in the crossfire a city would be wiped out with these guys.

The original X-mens not have deadline to return to your own time tsk .

There's not much magneto against molecular manipulation

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Not that meh...Hellfire Club written by the best writer in Marvel. I might see Shaw, Maddie, and Selene in one issue. Im intrigued by that fan favorite character in Civil War #3.
    we've known that for months though. So they're just reminding us of what's already been said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    There's not much magneto against molecular manipulation
    I'm not so sure Magneto is a survivor and veteran of many battles.

frankly, i prefer just sticking with the line-ups we've got now and slowly (but surely, not naming names) progressing them. I don't need big blockbuster announcements, I'd much rather have longer stories w/bigger pay-offs than the seasonal model and the incessant need for renumbering.

No big status quo shifts needed yet, we've barely settled into the death gas set-up so now isn't the time for really big shake-ups.

Looking back on what I've wrote, I wonder if it isn't influenced by an ingrained feeling that the types of series i would want are next-to-impossible and, therefore, have lowered my expectations to a stage where I just cannot imagine being excited for an announcement. People try to talk down The Complex, but the pessimism and lack of faith in X-Titles is an undeniably deep-rooted problem.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yep. What i expected. A waste of time. Funny how alonso says therea some cool announcements coming, but doesnt actually announ e anything. So what was the point of the panel.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

HAH! Gambit question... but otherwise not much of anything we didnt know, and seeing as we know next to nothing... so much cloak and dagger smoke and mirror.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Yep. What i expected. A waste of time. Funny how alonso says therea some cool announcements coming, but doesnt actually announ e anything. So what was the point of the panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    HAH! Gambit question... but otherwise not much of anything we didnt know, and seeing as we know next to nothing... so much cloak and dagger smoke and mirror.

Spoiler: There is no such Jabberwocky Project.

Fantastic Member

Alonso continued, pointing out the criticism and hate that some creators and storylines get online.
    Hate is never justified, but as for criticism? I'd say Marvel's been incredibly deserving of it as of late.

I'm actually seeing some of that die down as people just become apathetic and stop caring at all instead... but I doubt that's what Axel wants either.

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Alonso
    "If you adapt the mentality that you're going to wait for trade, what you're doing is contributing to the cancellation of the series. Comics count on people being there once a month to pick them up," said Alonso. "It's important to support that small book. If we were to launch an 'Iceman' solo, support that book. Don't go, 'That first issue was great, I'll wait for the trade.'"
    Yeeeeah. Look, more and more, Marvel's charging $5 for first issues. Depending on where you get your books, that's roughly 1/4 to 1/2 of the TPB price. (For example, my pre-order savings from Amazon meant I got the first volume of The Ultimates for $11.) Sorry, but it's not on the consumer to support a company's business model, it's up to the company to make it worth their while to do so. And between price point vs page count, bait-and-switch creative teams, the new seasonal business model that says I might as well wait for the trade no matter what, and not a lot of characters I'm terribly passionate about anymore, Marvel isn't doing that for me right now.

lol so the climactic build-up and wait that is allegedly toying with our expectations was a reveal that...all of the X-Books are continuing their current storylines!

Astonishing!

So- i'd like to know who's going to be in the new hellfire club; all new xmen vs the inhumans sounds inteteresting, but i think i'll pass on the "rear window" story.
    Last edited by protege; 07-21-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Edit: nevermind, thought this was on the main board.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

The only thing that interests me is the fact that we will know where Emma has been all this time. I hope to god she isn't dead but then again I remember one of the editors said a few months that she is planning something. So I am interested to see where that goes.

And heck yes to Asmus returning to write some X-Books! Now that's an underrated and great writer!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!