Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Inferno #2 *spoilers*

Spoilers for the issue.

The book opens up explaining how Destiny came back: Mystique disguised herself as Charles and Magneto, then got a Cerebro helmet and Destiny's DNA. (These are scenes we saw in the first issue.) Sinister knows that Mystique is coming to him in disguise, but he laughs it off and goes with it.

The Destiny we see is the real Destiny. Mystique disguised herself to trick the Five into reviving Destiny by disguising herself as Xavier. She spent four weeks caring for Destiny, who was freaking out because she was experiencing a rush of different, foreign timelines all at once.

In present time, the Quiet Council vote to put Destiny on the council. Magneto, Kate, Storm, and Charles vote no, but Nightcrawler (voting for his mother's happiness), Sinister, Shaw, Mystique, Emma and Exodus all vote to bring her on. Flashbacks show that Mystique went to each of these people and convinced her to vote her way. In Emma's case, she bribed her with something in a box, though we don't see what it is.

Later, Moira freaks out over that Charles and Mags letting this happen. She proposes they just kill Destiny, but Magneto says he's not going to be a child and go against the spirit of Krakoa by exerting his power to get what he wants. They instead propose that they bring in their own Council member, one they can count on.

We get a transcript of Mystique and Destiny talking. Mystique explains how she's been screwed over by Charles and Mags, and thinks that they kiboshed Destiny's resurrection because they feared her seeing something they wouldn't want her to. Destiny says that she's looking into the future, but she sees nothing - there's a hole there.

Later, Mystique disguises herself as Sage to check into some of X-Force's intel. We see an X-Force mission log about Orchis. A note mentions a Paris safe house gateway. But according to the log, Xavier overrode part of it, saying that they're decreasing observation on Orchis and no longer deems them a threat. A lot of information is redacted.

Then, Mystique impersonates a scientist and enters the safehouse. She talks to some apes (the actual animal, not humans) and one exposits that they made a translocator to the Forge. When it becomes active, they can open a doorway to the inner ring and "force-feed this sick world the medicine that it needs." This utilizes the full power of the sun.

Later, Charles, Magneto and Moira meet Emma at the Louvre. (We know this is Emma because she demonstrates telepathy.) Moira lets Emma read her thoughts, causing Emma to freak out. Emma's really pissed that she was left in the dark and manipulated for years, and says that they lost her loyalty forever. However, she'll still consider siding with them, if only for the greater good. The others are unsure if they made an enemy out of Emma, but at least they know she understands the gravity of what they're doing. Moira says that Charles and Magneto were right, and they need someone they can trust on the council.

Later, the QC meet to fill the next Council spot. Mystique, Destiny, Shaw and Sinister vote against, while everyone else votes for. The newest member is Colossus, "in him we can trust."

The Krakoan at the end says NIMROD.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

The ending with Colossus made me sad I dropped X-Force. Has he been compromised in that story with Mikhail?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    The ending with Colossus made me sad I dropped X-Force. Has he been compromised in that story with Mikhail?
    Yes by Mikhail but the story itself was underwhelming. Its so odd that they chose Piotr

Amazing Member

Can I just say I called it? I was the first to point out that it was Raven posing as Erik and Charles. Yay me!

BANNED

I think Mystique deserves exactly what those two has done to her due to her past crimes. She got the taste of her own medicine.

BANNED

Cable should have been first choice considering Cable and Charles had a mutual acquaintance before

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Very intriguing. It was great seeing the political maneuvers of Mystique and the Quiet Council in action. A little confused about the subplot with the gates. From last issue I thought Orchis was getting close to discovering Moira, and in this issue Xavier deleted the enhanced security response to preserve her secret (incredibly short sighted). I'm not sure how that led to Mystique discovering Orchis' attempt to make a gateway to the Forge. It's weird to find myself rooting for Mystique after years of terrible and inconsistent writing. Ugghhh, Colossus. I don't buy that Kate or Emma would have voted for Piotr to join the Council, Emma especially as she would have recognized this as the obvious attempt of Xavier to insert a player he can easily manipulate. And of course, Colossus is deeply compromised, hopefully when that comes to light and they dispose of him he's no longer on the Council. I think it would have been a better move to just let Moira fill the open seat and come clean to the rest of the Council and Krakoa about the truth of the situation. Caselli's art was lovely.

Emma is seemingly done with Charles, Erik and Moira and she now knows that it isnt wise to trust Destiny and Raven either, its going to be interesting to see where this revelation leads Emma. I think no matter what Emma is going to do whatever she see fit for the wellbeing of Krakoa but its going to be interesting to see how she does this knowing what she knows now. I need to also find out whats in that black box it is actually driving me insane that we still have no clue as to whats inside.

This kind of makes me even more excited to see where she ends up post inferno and that wolverine event.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Amazing Member

I don't understand why they had this "big reveal" of it being Colossus. What's the big surprise in THAT?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by reinnemann2 View Post
    Can I just say I called it? I was the first to point out that it was Raven posing as Erik and Charles. Yay me!
    yea good call. although it is confusing how she moves the object hiding the cerebro on magnetos island.

also is her giving hope the cerebro just confirming she resurrected wanda in trial of magneto?

What an excellent issue!

I knew Raven would bring back a younger, hotter, pussycat doll Destiny who is now officially on the QC! Raven was slick with how she secured the votes and I'm extremely curious as to what she gave Emma. Any ideas? Emma is a wildcard now, knowing the full truth about Moira. The stakes are high.

I loved how Erik refused to kill Destiny despite Moira's anger. Now I firmly believe Moira will let Creed loose to ignite the inferno.

I was so happy to see Piotr get the final spot on the QC but also sad because he's currently under his brother's control. What a mess!

Sidenote: the art was gorgeous. I adore this panel of handsome Erik, and Charles obviously has a new fitness app that is doing him wonders.

Almost forgot. Now I think Hope did indeed resurrect Wanda in TOM.
    Last edited by JB; 10-27-2021 at 07:59 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Very intriguing. It was great seeing the political maneuvers of Mystique and the Quiet Council in action. A little confused about the subplot with the gates. From last issue I thought Orchis was getting close to discovering Moira, and in this issue Xavier deleted the enhanced security response to preserve her secret (incredibly short sighted). I'm not sure how that led to Mystique discovering Orchis' attempt to make a gateway to the Forge. It's weird to find myself rooting for Mystique after years of terrible and inconsistent writing. Ugghhh, Colossus. I don't buy that Kate or Emma would have voted for Piotr to join the Council, Emma especially as she would have recognized this as the obvious attempt of Xavier to insert a player he can easily manipulate. And of course, Colossus is deeply compromised, hopefully when that comes to light and they dispose of him he's no longer on the Council. I think it would have been a better move to just let Moira fill the open seat and come clean to the rest of the Council and Krakoa about the truth of the situation. Caselli's art was lovely.
    I don't think she was terribly written during MC. When she killed Rogue and getting revived by Hope
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-27-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reinnemann2 View Post
    I don't understand why they had this "big reveal" of it being Colossus. What's the big surprise in THAT?
    I'm thinking it may tie into X-Force, that he's compromised. But I could be wrong.

This was a hell of a great issue. 2 for 2 5/5s. Let's hope it continues the path unlike the other "big event" X-book right now that totally went off the rails with issue 3, but I hope it won't.

Like why Colossus?

I'm super underwhelmed, but I'll wait and see what Hickman has in store for him. If it ties into Percy's awful drug out plot then I'm going to be majorly disappointed.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Ok Destiny fine as hell!! Raven I get it mama I do!