Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

About Colossus...

I agree with the people who are saying that the reason why Xavier supported him is that Peter can be counted on to support them. But, honestly, Colossus? Peter's not dumb, but does he really have the patience to sit around the council table and debate weighty matters of state? How about Rachel? (Remember her?) How about one of the New Mutants who are not represented on this council? How about Dani? How about Shan? The list goes on.

I'm not actually upset about any of this. I'm sure Colossus on the council will make for a good story. Not as funny as Logan on the council. But a good story nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    About Colossus...

I agree with the people who are saying that the reason why Xavier supported him is that Peter can be counted on to support them. But, honestly, Colossus? Peter's not dumb, but does he really have the patience to sit around the council table and debate weighty matters of state? How about Rachel? (Remember her?) How about one of the New Mutants who are not represented on this council? How about Dani? How about Shan? The list goes on.

I'm not actually upset about any of this. I'm sure Colossus on the council will make for a good story. Not as funny as Logan on the council. But a good story nonetheless.

I feel like nepotism runs deep. Colossus or Rachel or whoever have no business on the council.
    Even Doctor Nemesis would be a better fit

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Hope's range is mutants in close range. She shouldn't have any telepathic powers to use Cerebro.

Instead, she would have absorbed Mystique's powers when she approached and would have known she is not Xavier.

I think Hickman didn't care about the implications, he just want Destiny resurrected in the storyline.
    Hope was able to borrow telepathy quite recently with no one in visible range. Her powers have increased too

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Hope was able to borrow telepathy quite recently with no one in visible range. Her powers have increased too
    let's be real, Hope Summer was always a Jean Grey clone....

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Hope is a Cable clone. She shares more with Synch then she does with Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

heheh

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Ok, I finally read the issue and there were parts that were good and some that feel a little forced, like Charles and Erik sucedenly trusting Emma over Storm, they donīt dislike Emma but they definitely would trust Ororo over her for something like their secret with Moira but in general I like the story and hopefully it ends on a high note. I get the sense Charles and Moira will end in a bad place and not sure what will happen to Magneto, which is a shame because I want to keep reading about them and Krakoa but they are being painted as the antagonists of the story right now, unless something changes in the next two issues, still I hope if this happens they end their Krakoa rule on a high note doing team work to end the danger of Nimrod. I just love the idea of Charles and Erik teaming up to end Nimrod once for all.

I agree itīs quite rare Magneto didnīt notice cerebro was absent, it could be just that Hickman is dumbing him and Charles a little too much or that Magneto is low key helping Mystique and Destiny because he doensīt trust Moira anymore but I guess we will know in december. I also have the feeling Colossus is more aware than fans give him credit about whatīs happening, I could see Hickman doing a scene or a data page of Charles freeing Peter from his brother control so he can support them in the quiet council and showing him Moiraīs secret, like they did with Emma, fans donīt know him that way, because itīs been a long time but Colossus is actually quite toughful and loyal as long as he sees a good reason to be and heīs not beyond making choices that could be seen wrong if thereīs a good end to it so I could see him agreeing to support them for the good of Krakoa.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-28-2021 at 06:14 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Colossus makes sense since he's a 2nd gen X-Man, he was on the Acolytes and Moira worked with him on Excalibur. I think people here don't like it cuz there's a lot of dislike of the character and Percy's X-Force.

I see Douglas is too busy boning his 7-foot tall wife to attend meetings.

We still have Omega Sentinel's secret and evil talking monkeys to deal with.

How the hell is this event only 4 issues and Trial of Magneto is 5 but nothing happens?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Colossus makes sense since he's a 2nd gen X-Man, he was on the Acolytes and Moira worked with him on Excalibur. I think people here don't like it cuz there's a lot of dislike of the character and Percy's X-Force.

I see Douglas is too busy boning his 7-foot tall wife to attend meetings.

We still have Omega Sentinel's secret and evil talking monkeys to deal with.

How the hell is this event only 4 issues and Trial of Magneto is 5 but nothing happens?
    Agreee with all of this
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Fantastic Member

I honestly think at this stage it's impossible for this to end in a satisfying way. The build up took too long and 4 issues just isn't enough to wrap up the Nimrod/Destiny arcs in a satisfying way.

We're halfway through and not enough has happened, honestly reading both issues back to back the fact a significant chunk of pages are repeats is extremely disappointing. I get that they were narrative device's and if this was 8 issues, sure, but it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by reinnemann2 View Post
    Can I just say I called it? I was the first to point out that it was Raven posing as Erik and Charles. Yay me!
    Yeah, that was a really great call. Everything fell into place for me when I read that comment of yours in the previous discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    yea good call. although it is confusing how she moves the object hiding the cerebro on magnetos island.
    The 'moving the object' panel was just misdirection.
    At first glance, it looks like Magneto moved the pillar out of the way with his magnetokinetic powers, but if you look closely, the pillar was made of stone and 'Magneto' pushed it out of the way with his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    also is her giving hope the cerebro just confirming she resurrected wanda in trial of magneto?
    Hmm, I'm not sure. I think that panel of Mystique at the end of TOM 2 was supposed to imply that Raven got the idea to resurrect Irene herself by looking at the resurrected Wanda greeting the Avengers.
    On the other hand, you could be right that once Mystique handed off the Cerebro to Hope in this issue, Hope went off to use it to resurrect Wanda.
    I think this is a matter of figuring out the timing.
    Trial of Magneto happens within a few days after the Hellfire Gala. Inferno happens quite some time after the Gala (all the X-Force stuff has to go down first), but then again Mystique resurrected Destiny one month before Inferno 1.

I think Kitty, Colossus and Mystique all have no business being on the council.

Destiny alone is worth 3 of them. They offer next to nothing.

Destinty, Emma and Kurt make all three redundant.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Orchis is half being built up as a big deal, and then you also have Xavier casually deleting all their info and making weak, half hearted attempts to stop them.
    I think you misunderstood this part.
    Xavier did not delete ORCHIS's info, he was overriding an X-Force investigation request that was on Sage's computer.
    When the ORCHIS gateway monitoring team discovered the double gateway in Paris last issue, Sage found out about it too via X-Force agent Tommy.
    Sage put in a request for X-Force to investigate the site.

This hidden second gateway in Paris is probably the No-Gate that Moira uses to travel from her No-Place to France.
    When Xavier saw the investigation request, he overrode and redacted it to prevent any of the mutants from finding out about the No-Gate.
    When Sage was out for lunch, Mystique disguised herself as Sage and found the redacted investigation request.
    She infiltrated the ORCHIS team in Paris and found out about their translocator that can channel the power of the Sun through a doorway/gateway.
    There's your 'burn that island down' device right there. All we need now is someone with a motive.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I honestly think at this stage it's impossible for this to end in a satisfying way. The build up took too long and 4 issues just isn't enough to wrap up the Nimrod/Destiny arcs in a satisfying way.

We're halfway through and not enough has happened, honestly reading both issues back to back the fact a significant chunk of pages are repeats is extremely disappointing. I get that they were narrative device's and if this was 8 issues, sure, but it isn't.
    All Inferno issues are double-sized so they are actually equivalent to 8 standard issues. But yeah, still not enough at this pace.

Probably there will be no more room for this call back but given how much Hickman enjoyed Mike Careyīs run on X-men, I hope he makes some mention of Destiny and Magneto meeting during the Necrosha crossover or that it can be relevant on this story, would be a nice call back and how this looks now with the HoX retcon.

RCO010_1464696565 (2).jpg