Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I have a problem with the poor security all over the place, but I don't necessarily have an issue with Piotr being above suspicion simply because the chronicler's control may not be telepathy but some other means of changing probability/fate by writing it,so the telepaths may indeed not see anything.
    How would that even work? If they can look at his mind then they could notice something is up, and if they can't look at his mind, they definitely should notice something is up lol.

However the moles and traitors are going about their business with too much ease.How did Mistique attend all those QC meetings for a month before revealing Destiny?
    Didn't even think about that, and considering how much Xavier doesn't trust Mystique, him not checking out what she's doing at least once in a while is weird lol.

Emma had an informant in Hellions but sat on info as far back as Sinister killing his whole team on returning from Amenth.Brand has a mole in S.W.O.R.D while she herself may be playing double agent for some other party. I know security is never impervious but this is straight up incompetence.
    Yeah I'm not saying security should be perfect, but should be good enough that characters at least look like they're making an effort to dodge around them.

I forgot which comic it was, but when Xavier was killed, the guys who killed him did a whole operation where they put something in his drink that would temporarily block his powers, then a while after they did a synchronized attack to get him killed, and while the security failed, and it's silly Xavier didn't notice his powers were weakened/blocked for at least a few hours, there was much more effort than Mystique's "walk up to Cerebro and pick it up", 'cause since all she did was shape shift and not talk with anyone, it makes it look like she didn't need to shape shift to get it at all lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    How would that even work? If they can look at his mind then they could notice something is up, and if they can't look at his mind, they definitely should notice something is up lol.

I am just allowing for a technicality that the chronicler's power is non telepathic and so undetectable.I mean sure it is possible say Jean or Xavier could see Kayla's murder as a memory in Colossus' mind..but because we don't know how he is being controlled, it is also possible that he is written by the chronicler as a 'puppet' in real time having no memory or recall at all.Which could be supported by him going against Domino's express intention to keep her memories.I mean it's unusual because she wanted them kept ,then resurrected without them and we are left to believe upon resurrection the choice was her own.It is a new clone so it goes with whatever memory it has and can't complain after the memory download.My point is Colossus may be a blank for the telepaths right now.Though I can understand if some fans find this logic a bit too convenient. I have found myself asking the same question and it only makes the Chronicler appear more powerful.For example to not set off alarm bells surely Piotr has his memories of Russia and his friends, and if he does then knowing his recent pacifist perhaps even withdrawn nature,Xavier wouldn't pick him for the council.I mean Colossus didn't even want to be part of X-Force why would want to be on the council? The only answer that makes sense to me is the Chronicler is making him more influential and putting him on the council through his writing and that also implies that Xavier unknowingly is under the Chronicler's power, the Chronicler's reach could be very vast.Although that is a scarier prospect so my current reasoning is that Xavier knows something is off with Colossus ,but wants to use him as a pawn in his own schemes to get rid of Destiny and Mystique.At this point if Xavier knows Colossus isn't himself then if he pushes Piotr to say kill Destiny ,then once discovered, Xavier would chalk it all up to Piotr being a hidden sleeper on Krakoa and will most likely remain in the clear.The question is ,is Xavier this dastardly?

Emma had an informant in Hellions but sat on info as far back as Sinister killing his whole team on returning from Amenth.
    Oh and I read Hellions now, from what I've seen, Empath stopped Sinister on the moment he really should, so if anything, this makes Krakoa's security look alright, but it does make me wonder if the rest of the Quiet Council knows about it, and since we're talking about Emma, hard to say.

I am just allowing for a technicality that the chronicler's power is non telepathic and so undetectable.I mean sure it is possible say Jean or Xavier could see Kayla's murder as a memory in Colossus' mind..but because we don't know how he is being controlled, it is also possible that he is written by the chronicler as a 'puppet' in real time having no memory or recall at all.Which could be supported by him going against Domino's express intention to keep her memories.I mean it's unusual because she wanted them kept ,then resurrected without them and we are left to believe upon resurrection the choice was her own.It is a new clone so it goes with whatever memory it has and can't complain after the memory download.My point is Colossus may be a blank for the telepaths right now.Though I can understand if some fans find this logic a bit too convenient. I have found myself asking the same question and it only makes the Chronicler appear more powerful.For example to not set off alarm bells surely Piotr has his memories of Russia and his friends, and if he does then knowing his recent pacifist perhaps even withdrawn nature,Xavier wouldn't pick him for the council.I mean Colossus didn't even want to be part of X-Force why would want to be on the council? The only answer that makes sense to me is the Chronicler is making him more influential and putting him on the council through his writing and that also implies that Xavier unknowingly is under the Chronicler's power, the Chronicler's reach could be very vast.Although that is a scarier prospect so my current reasoning is that Xavier knows something is off with Colossus ,but wants to use him as a pawn in his own schemes to get rid of Destiny and Mystique.At this point if Xavier knows Colossus isn't himself then if he pushes Piotr to say kill Destiny ,then once discovered, Xavier would chalk it all up to Piotr being a hidden sleeper on Krakoa and will most likely remain in the clear.The question is ,is Xavier this dastardly?
    If the guy is controlling Colossus like a puppet, then I can see it fooling telepaths, otherwise, the moment someone thinks Colossus is acting too weird, a simple mind scan would reveal what's up.

As for the reason Xavier put Colossus on the Council, it sounds like he wants someone on his side, or to put it more bluntly, have a puppet on the Council.

I doubt he knows Colossus is being controlled, even if he knows, I really don't see it as a convoluted "Use a mind controlled Colossus to maybe get Destiny killed", even if we assume Xavier is willing to commit murder like this, it's a very messy plan that can backfire, or simply not work, it's also very short sighted plan, since now Destiny not only is in Krakoa, she's part of the Council, unlike on the times when they were basically blackmailing Mystique into not resurrecting Destiny if she doesn't do her job well, now there's no excuse to not resurrect Destiny as soon as possible.

Great issue...until the underwhelming big "reveal" It woulda been killer if Dani...or Bobby...or Karma had gotten the spot. Tons of mutants at your disposal and you choose the one that's already in a another book?
    lawd
    Do the QC even know there's other minority mutants besides Storm??!??
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Great issue...until the underwhelming big "reveal" It woulda been killer if Dani...or Bobby...or Karma had gotten the spot. Tons of mutants at your disposal and you choose the one that's already in a another book?
    lawd
    Do the QC even know there's other minority mutants besides Storm??!??
    Dani and Karma are in other books too. The Quiet Council dont have a book, so I dont think it matters if the members are from ones that exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dani and Karma are in other books too. The Quiet Council dont have a book, so I dont think it matters if the members are from ones that exist.
    Not only are they in another book, but they are main characters in that book, whereas Colossus has hardly been a focus on X-Force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Oh and I read Hellions now, from what I've seen, Empath stopped Sinister on the moment he really should, so if anything, this makes Krakoa's security look alright, but it does make me wonder if the rest of the Quiet Council knows about it, and since we're talking about Emma, hard to say.

If the guy is controlling Colossus like a puppet, then I can see it fooling telepaths, otherwise, the moment someone thinks Colossus is acting too weird, a simple mind scan would reveal what's up.

As for the reason Xavier put Colossus on the Council, it sounds like he wants someone on his side, or to put it more bluntly, have a puppet on the Council.

I doubt he knows Colossus is being controlled, even if he knows, I really don't see it as a convoluted "Use a mind controlled Colossus to maybe get Destiny killed", even if we assume Xavier is willing to commit murder like this, it's a very messy plan that can backfire, or simply not work, it's also very short sighted plan, since now Destiny not only is in Krakoa, she's part of the Council, unlike on the times when they were basically blackmailing Mystique into not resurrecting Destiny if she doesn't do her job well, now there's no excuse to not resurrect Destiny as soon as possible.
    Let me give it you straight...there are two possibilities either the story is ridiculously contrived to make Emma look innocent or Emma knew of Sinister's treachery as early as Hellions #6 but hid the deaths from the council because she wanted to care of everything herself.

I will lay out why I think Emma is culpable:

1.There is precedent for exactly what I've said because instead of revealing to the council that Shaw killed Kate, she decided to keep this under the table with Storm and Kate without revealing Shaw's high crime to the rest and took justice into her own hands.

2.It is ridiculous to assume Emma initially trusted Sinister and told Empath to be her inside man sometime halfway through the book. Empath was a mole from the start meaning Emma also knew that Sinister was doing his own thing from the start.

3.I've heard defenders of Emma go from the plausible that Sinister blocked Empath from being updated telepathically to dubious that Empath had to call out to the Professor to get updated(because Synch called out in a similar scenario) to the ridiculous that on the day this happened,
    professor was not doing updates. Not only do some panels reveal that Emma assists with the backups like in Way of X ,but whichever way you cut it ,there is still no escaping the simple fact that in the protocols themselves no resurrections can be done until a mutant is ascertained as dead for
    something like a month at least(not sure of the specific time but allowance is not tiny). So first of all even if Sinister blocked telepathy and used a smokescreen.The bodies are still on Krakoa and the Hellions can't be resurrected without either X-Factor or X-Force getting involved.Presenting a stabbed Psylocke, Havok with a bullet hole in the head and remains of Greycrow present no small problem in itself ,but to push for getting Hellions resurrected without asking questions is a red flag as well, it means someone had to go against protocol to get it done.I see Emma as the only one who could do this in a way that doesn't make waves. If Xavier was the one doing updates, are we to believe that he wouldn't ask questions sensing a mental block or camera feed cutting out(which definitely registers Havok,Psylocke and Greycrow coming through alive moments before the visual is lost),the three dead hellions who walked through the gate on Krakoa and Empath with his head through the gate is no small clue that for all four to have no memory logs despite making it out of Amenth is extremely suspicious.

4.Another defence I've heard is a backup is always lagging behind real time so there are blindspots.While true this does not hold or is exceedingly minimal for special cases and those are special teams like X-Force,Hellions for example and crucible participants.Crucible participants need contemporaneous back up to make the whole spectacle memorable, it cannot be memorable for viewers but not the participant. That would make no sense at all.For the special teams it also has to be near instantaneous because both the vault team and the Otherworld team went into absolutely fatal zones impervious to Cerebro. If Xavier cannot backup the mutants within. The scans and backup desk must be trained and ready to watch the Avalon gate and vault perimeter to give any escapee even if mortally wounded a chance to save the Intel they have ,to mean mission success.Otherwise the odds of failure are near 100%. The fact is Synch when resurrected has no time loss whatsoever ,he remembers Laura sacrificing herself to buy him time and remembers calling out to the professor. To imply that updates can only happen when one mind is in communion calling out to the professor is not stated anywhere, all history (and beast in Wolverine#3 )points out that Xavier reaches minds with cerebro without the caveat that they have to call out to him first.In fact in the Orchis mission issue the distance to near sun orbit is the only challenge. Once surmounted with the help of cuckoos and Jean working to relay the feed we don't hear mutant calling out to the professor to make sure they are backed up. Which makes the fact that Synch got backed up hundreds of nautical miles away but Empath on Krakoa wasn't a plot contrivance.

5.I pointed out that the Synch mission success supports my view that Krakoa was indeed watching the perimeter of the vault , not because Synch called out in time ,but because all three members were resurrected with Synch.Logically when Synch called to the professor only his brainwaves were picked up with his memories and so without trying to fit 'fan appeasement' (because in story that is absurd) or sentimentality..resurrecting Synch alone is mission critical.Resurrecting Darwin and Laura is irrelevant to acquire intel they don't have,but it makes perfect sense if the 'back up desk' was always; alert and ready to backup and resurrect all three immediately with the unfortunate snag that only 1 of the 3 had any worthwhile intel.To then presume Vault team was taken care of to such a degree but Hellion team was neglected is ridiculous.

5.Lastly even with all said above there is still Emma's incredible inability to sense whenever she contacted Empath that his mind was altered by mastermind

To say Hellion deaths did not trip any alarms requires so many missteps that we either conclude Krakoa security is just incompetent and this assumption requires killing off some brain cells to make it work, but equally unsettling yet indicative is the likelihood that Emma knew Sinister's 'crimes and misdemeanors' all too well ,but decided for her own selfish reasons to play the hero, when in fact all this could have been nipped in the bud if she spoke out.
    Last edited by Rev9; 11-09-2021 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Which makes my case for the other mutants stronger...and Sunspot isn't in anything it wouldn't hurt to have a representative of the younger generation of mutants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Not only are they in another book, but they are main characters in that book, whereas Colossus has hardly been a focus on X-Force.
    Ehhh they're like the parents on a teen drama show...sure they may get a 3rd string storyline but the teens will always the mains. And tbh I don't see ho2 Colossus is trustworthy by either party. He flipped on Xavier and magneto over some dead blonde we've seen that storyline play out with him 3 or 4 times. He's been in and outta xforce this whole time.

Anyway woulda been nice if their choice had broke the trend that minority mutants get pushed to sidelines during big events/decisions that Carry weigh and. Lasting repercussions And was a good chance to add some color to the QC
    Cause as it stands Krakoa may be a new nation Its still ran by SWD'S
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Which makes my case for the other mutants stronger...and Sunspot isn't in anything it wouldn't hurt to have a representative of the younger generation of mutants.
    Ehhh they're like the parents on a teen drama show...sure they may get a 3rd string storyline but the teens will always the mains. And tbh I don't see ho2 Colossus is trustworthy by either party. He flipped on Xavier and magneto over some dead blonde we've seen that storyline play out with him 3 or 4 times. He's been in and outta xforce this whole time.

Anyway woulda been nice if their choice had broke the trend that minority mutants get pushed to sidelines during big events/decisions that Carry weigh and. Lasting repercussions And was a good chance to add some color to the QC
    Cause as it stands Krakoa may be a new nation Its still ran by SWD'S
    That was like 30 years ago and he was clearly grieving. Overall Piotr is one of the more "good" mutants that I think most would find trustworthy in universe. And I dont think he was chosen primarily bc he is trustworthy. More so bc I think they find him easy to control. Colossus is not a leader and rarely has a voice. His personality is more of a go with the flow and if lines are divided, Xavier expects him to side with him over the power struggle that Mystique is clearly setting up

My guess is Colossus was chosen because of what's going on with him in X-Force and how much drama it could create. I get the feeling he won't be on the QC for long, if the QC is still standing after Inferno.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    My guess is Colossus was chosen because of what's going on with him in X-Force and how much drama it could create. I get the feeling he won't be on the QC for long, if the QC is still standing after Inferno.
    I'll be very surprised if it is. Seems very likely there'll be a change in how Krakoa is run, once the flames burn out.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'll be very surprised if it is. Seems very likely there'll be a change in how Krakoa is run, once the flames burn out.
    I think it will remain but the membership will shrink from like 12 seats to 8(2 members per table) The QC provides drama and intrigue in this new era and is a substitute for initial inter-mutant wrangles that existed before for example between X-Men, the Brotherhood and the Acolytes.Since on Krakoa all mutants are united the only other option is to make Mikhail's faction the new brotherhood but I think both friction from within and without is good for writing.
    Last edited by Rev9; 11-10-2021 at 06:16 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The last couple of panels of Onslaught/Way of X take place two months later. Kurt has had time to regrow his beard (swoons) and the council still exists though it’s not entirely clear if Kurt is still on it.
    Sorry, internet is being flaky, I can’t post a scan of the panel.

I mean, if your main issue is how trustworthy Colossus is on a governing body that includes Shaw, Emma, Mystique (it just makes me laugh that any of the characters in the QC thought it was a good idea to have her there), and Apocalypse of all people, I don't know what to tell you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed, it's not because of the character buy they put him there because of the X-force subplot.Does help w/ connecting everything.

Same as Mystique as Mags stealing Cerebro in Inferno lead to Mags being framed in Trial of Magneto