Page 59 of 277 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    DC still owsn the charatcer and CW bought the rights to season 1 to air on seed or whatever. So what claim can nbc or whoever did it have to the character? Maybe the actor was still under contract at.the time and thats what cost so much. Cause i cant think of any reason they cant use constantine if they wanted.
    Live action rights are different than animation rights.

And while I love Constantine and Matt Ryan I never really *got* Matt Ryan AS Constantine. I know its a minority opinion but he didn't really seem like Constantine to me. He clearly loved the role and has a ton of fans so I wouldn't be against his return though.

Side question: Why does Ray act like he's helpless since his suit was destroyed? Did he forget he lives on a time machine? He has access to any and everything he could possibly need for a new costume (not to mention access to all the sweet future tech). I'm sure I was supposed to feel something where he destroyed his suit but I just thought he would have a replacement by the end of the ep. Hopefully him as Jr Cold won't last long so they can deal with that.

Miami, 80s, Miami Vice. Got it.

LOL, so riddle me this Darhk, how does Thawne saying "..I can give you real power" make the terms anymore "concrete"????? Hahah, that was so dumb I couldn't be mad at it.

Mick and Ray's dynamic in this episode was at its PRIME. From acting like they're little kids with one trying to influence the other to be "cool", to a small tender moment of sharing jelly beans. They might be pushing it with Ray's continued identity crisis' though, not quite sure yet. I do also find it uncharacteristic of Mick to try to make Ray become Snart in every way..

Sara genuinely rocks every period outfit and kicks ass every time. Hearing Stein call her captain really solidifies it somehow, it feels like a real growth. I liked her calm moment of pondering at the start of the episode.

Black smoke man (I'm sorry guys, name?) just happened to be standing high above and old rusty JSA HQ...ehh. The 180 shot of Vixen's Hawk eye was dope.

Now now Sara, you can't possibly tell if that speedster was faster than the Flash from that intensely brief experience.

Mighty Member

That time traveling scene with Dark and Reverse Flash was pretty cool.

That was pretty awesome..so Legends finally have an idea on who they are dealing with (well, a speedster).

Even with all the resources they have, they are no match for a speedster..so I wonder how they will deal with this. Would they call for help from Barry?

I was hoping Obsidian would stick around...well, they can always go back in time It will just get messy though...how has all of this rippled through time...still confuses me with the time travel logic. I mean, Steins' younger self still knows about the future time travel and all that (not that he can do much with it).

And like he mentioned, small events changed throughout (where his wife showed up at White house). I wonder if we will start to see more of this in future episodes.

Oh, I just finished the ep....man, that last scene. So, Thawne is taking Damien to the future?
    Last edited by Triple J; 11-10-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Retired

It was all kinds of weird seeing an older Lance Henriksen as Todd Rice in the '80s. In the '80s, Todd was a young guy in Infinity, Inc. But not here. It's an interesting point they were making with his character--but if that was the whole reason for putting Obsidian's history back to front, I don't understand why they gave us so few crumbs. It feels like there was so much more story that they wanted to cover with Todd.

For a lot of the '80s, I was living in Edmonton. The Oliers were the greatest hockey team. I shared an apartment with friends, and I made my bedroom a shrine to Leonard Cohen. On the wall were his pictures and poems. And I'd spin "The Sisters of Mercy" and "Famous Blue Raincoat" on the turn table.

Ladies and gentlemen . . . Mr. Leonard Cohen.

I seen the future, brother--it is murder.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Seeing Obsidian and Firestorm in a brawl together was really cool to see

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    That time traveling scene with Dark and Reverse Flash was pretty cool.
    I agree, and why does it seem like they're trying to hook up Citizen Steel and Vixen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I agree, and why does it seem like they're trying to hook up Citizen Steel and Vixen.
    Because a CW show can't exist without a romance thrown into the works.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Thanks for screwing up everything Sara. We have time traveling Darhk because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Because a CW show can't exist without a romance thrown into the works.
    Idk if it was on purpose or not, but they did this weird bait and switch thing, where Steel somehow slipped through the cracks of Sara's wall of defense. Like he knew exactly how to be on her good side, a specific good side. I know she is a lesbian (more so as of late) but we always knew for sure she was bi.

The thing is would Vixen really fall for steel and so soon? Technically it's 40 years later, but essentially it was just yesterday when her love was killed.

Thus ends the short-lived career of Colonel Cold. I only wish we had seen Ray try and talk like a 60's gangster to complete his Captain Cold impersonation .

I think that's the first time Mick has ever called Ray by his actual name. Wow. Pretty strong moment between those two at the end.

Well, at least Vixen didn't use a gorilla in this episode...

Interesting that Vixen didn't view the JSA as vigilante's compared to the Legends, which makes sense given her team had government backing, while still retaining a desire for justice over vengeance in traditional Superhero style.

It was neat seeing a younger Clarissa, looking as radiant and beautiful as ever, and still being as dedicated and compassionate towards her husband as she is in the present. Older!Martin dancing with her was a very sweet scene.

One of the disappointing things about the Arrowverse just setting the entire JSA into WWII, without any kind of comic book caveat to keep them in the present, is that now they're all gone and can't interact with the main heroes in the other shows or be a consistent presence in the Arrowverse. We barely even got to know the WWII JSA, let alone their real names outside of Rex and Todd, and now they're apparently dead and the team has faded from history.

Though the team being no more, and the government classifying their existence, explains why we haven't heard anything about the JSA in the modern day or why the government didn't send their own personal Superhero team to take down all the bad guys constantly invading Star City or Zoom and the Earth-2 Metas plaguing Central City.

Lance Henrisken is always a treat and he was really cool as old!Obsidian .

I'm guessing Obsidian was left out of the JSA's last mission because the government, in that far from progressive period, viewed his Homosexuality as a liability? At least that's the impression I got before Todd got cut off.

I wonder who took over the JSA with Rick and Amaya gone? Dr. Mid-Nite? Todd?

If Todd doesn't remember Amaya ever coming back, then I guess the Legends must not ever return her to the exact point she left or she keeps traveling with them for the foreseeable future. But she does still have to continue the line of Vixen at some point...

Sara must be really out of the loop if she thinks Reverse-Flash is faster then The Flash, especially after Barry's beaten Zoom. Heck, she's never even met Barry, has she?

And did Sara really need to tell Darhk all that stuff about his future? I mean, obviously she wasn't being specific and was just distracting him, but with what she told him she could very well have actually changed the timeline. Especially since it seemed to spur Darhk on to working even more closely with Thawne.

What's Thawne's endgame here? Why does he need all those ancient artifacts? He talks about "averting their destiny," but what does that mean? Is he trying to find a way to kill Barry without disconnecting himself from the Speed Force like last time?

Nate did seem to come in pretty conveniently after Todd told Amaya to find love where she can. Not sure if that can go anywhere since Amaya still has to go back to Zambesi and have Mari's mom...unless Nate is somehow Vixen's grandfather ?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

My Question why isn't Eobard Thawne wearing his uniform?
    He looks so much cooler in the Reverse-Flash custom then in street clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    My Question why isn't Eobard Thawne wearing his uniform?
    He looks so much cooler in the Reverse-Flash custom then in street clothes.
    He got tired of wearing it all the time in that cell Barry stuck him in during Flashpoint ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Thanks for screwing up everything Sara. We have time traveling Darhk because of you.
    Yeah, I thought it was wonderful that Sara's vengeful spirit is what created this mess and gave birth to the Legion of Doom.

Absolutely loved the episode.

Retired

When LEGENDS first started, I thought they would find some way to sweep Clarissa under the carpet. Maybe she would be killed off or she would divorce Martin because he's too obsessed with his Firestorm gig. I'm encouraged that they haven't done any of that and instead maintain Martin's love for Clarissa. However, it's weird that Stein stays with the Legends and doesn't return to his wife. Maybe there was a reason for him to stay on the Waverider in the first season, but now he shouldn't leave Clarissa all alone--given that she's so important to him. I guess he can't return without Jax--since they're bonded to each other--but I'm sure Jax would be willing to give up time travelling to help out Martin.