Page 60 of 277 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When LEGENDS first started, I thought they would find some way to sweep Clarissa under the carpet. Maybe she would be killed off or she would divorce Martin because he's too obsessed with his Firestorm gig. I'm encouraged that they haven't done any of that and instead maintain Martin's love for Clarissa. However, it's weird that Stein stays with the Legends and doesn't return to his wife. Maybe there was a reason for him to stay on the Waverider in the first season, but now he shouldn't leave Clarissa all alone--given that she's so important to him. I guess he can't return without Jax--since they're bonded to each other--but I'm sure Jax would be willing to give up time travelling to help out Martin.
    that and the fact its a time machine. he can get dropped back off the day after he left.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thus ends the short-lived career of Colonel Cold. I only wish we had seen Ray try and talk like a 60's gangster to complete his Captain Cold impersonation .
    Actually, that does sound funny!

It was neat seeing a younger Clarissa, looking as radiant and beautiful as ever, and still being as dedicated and compassionate towards her husband as she is in the present. Older!Martin dancing with her was a very sweet scene.
    Yup!

One of the disappointing things about the Arrowverse just setting the entire JSA into WWII, without any kind of comic book caveat to keep them in the present, is that now they're all gone and can't interact with the main heroes in the other shows or be a consistent presence in the Arrowverse. We barely even got to know the WWII JSA, let alone their real names outside of Rex and Todd, and now they're apparently dead and the team has faded from history.
    Well, Obsidian didn't say 'dead', did he he? I thought he said 'disappeared.' So, maybe the Dominators abducted the rest of the JSA?

Lance Henrisken is always a treat and he was really cool as old!Obsidian .
    Yeah! Awesome! Cool! I was so relieved that they didn't kill him off!

I'm guessing Obsidian was left out of the JSA's last mission because the government, in that far from progressive period, viewed his Homosexuality as a liability? At least that's the impression I got before Todd got cut off.
    I got the same impression.

I wonder who took over the JSA with Rick and Amaya gone? Dr. Mid-Nite? Todd?
    Good question. I also wonder if they got new members to replace the missing ones.

If Todd doesn't remember Amaya ever coming back, then I guess the Legends must not ever return her to the exact point she left or she keeps traveling with them for the foreseeable future. But she does still have to continue the line of Vixen at some point...
    I agree. They have to explain how the Vixen legacy continues. Well, if the Reverse-Flash can appoint Darhk into the White House, then maybe if Amaya returns to the past, somehow the JSA survives? Maybe.

And did Sara really need to tell Darhk all that stuff about his future? I mean, obviously she wasn't being specific and was just distracting him, but with what she told him she could very well have actually changed the timeline. Especially since it seemed to spur Darhk on to working even more closely with Thawne.
    Well, she couldn't quite kill him, so I guess the next best thing from killing is . . . humiliation?

By the way, throughout the show, My Mom (Yes, folks, you read right; My Mom loves watching Legends of Tomorrow) kept asking me: "How is Sara is going to kill Darhk? Wouldn't his magic protect him?" Which I kept responding: "She can't kill him yet!" But My Mom kept asking "Seriously, how, with his magic?"

Nate did seem to come in pretty conveniently after Todd told Amaya to find love where she can. Not sure if that can go anywhere since Amaya still has to go back to Zambesi and have Mari's mom...unless Nate is somehow Vixen's grandfather ?
    Yup. I agree with this.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    that and the fact its a time machine. he can get dropped back off the day after he left.
    Sure for Clarissa this isn't so much of a problem--except that her husband is now two years older the next day and will probably die two years sooner (for her) than he would have if he never left her. But Martin still experiences all that passage of time. If he loves her that much--every day without her has to be very painful. He's giving up a lot by not being with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I agree. They have to explain how the Vixen legacy continues. Well, if the Reverse-Flash can appoint Darhk into the White House, then maybe if Amaya returns to the past, somehow the JSA survives? Maybe.

Well, she couldn't quite kill him, so I guess the next best thing from killing is . . . humiliation?

By the way, throughout the show, My Mom (Yes, folks, you read right; My Mom loves watching Legends of Tomorrow) kept asking me: "How is Sara is going to kill Darhk? Wouldn't his magic protect him?" Which I kept responding: "She can't kill him yet!" But My Mom kept asking "Seriously, how, with his magic?"
    I don't think at this point in time Darhk has acquired the totem that gives him magical powers. I have yet to see him use any magic in this timeline. With Darhk being obsessed with relics from the past,
    most likely this is how Darhk eventually does acquire the totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I don't think at this point in time Darhk has acquired the totem that gives him magical powers. I have yet to see him use any magic in this timeline. With Darhk being obsessed with relics from the past,
    Yeah, these definitely seems like pre magic Darkh. Otherwise he wouldn't engage in hand to hand with Sara, and he would have simply deflected her throwing star in the most recent episode.

Speaking of Sara... I like her fight scenes, but if they're gonna have her pull a Black Widow move, it needs to be done well. The moment this episode and last season (in the Russian bathhouse) were just stilted and awkward.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Can they? There seems to be a whole relative time thing going on with them.

Retired

I kind of doubt that, even if they could, the Legends will return to the exact moment they left--because FLASH and ARROW have gone forward in time and we have seen no sign of Ray, Mick, Sara or Martin in Central City or Star City. So if they returned, they're doing a good job of keeping quiet about it.

It's possible that the timeline will be rewritten by the end of the series (if there is one) and we'll see them living in a different reality a la Flashpoint. It would be nice if they got a happy ending. But nobody on FLASH or ARROW has got a happy ending so far--most characters die rather cruelly--so I'm not optimistic for the Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Can they? There seems to be a whole relative time thing going on with them.
    Yeah. By the time they came back in the season 1 finale they were caught-up with the finale's of Arrow and Flash, so it's not as simple as someone being able to get dropped off back at the exact same time they left.

Otherwise Amaya would probably have gone back to the JSA, and unless the timeline reverts somehow, that apparently never happened.

The time travel rules are still confusing and inconsistent. Amaya is obviously going to return to her time or else we wouldn't have Mari McCabe's Vixen. But when young Martin Stein gets stabbed (not even killed, just stabbed), old Martin feels it instantly from the Waverider? It wasn't as bad last season because we had Rip and the Time Masters, but now that we've got Thawne bumming around, it's harder to keep track of things and their direct or indirect ramifications. It would actually be kind of funny if instead of killing Darhk in the past to save Laurel, Sara actually saved her sister just by giving Darhk something else to do.

Martin and Clarissa probably have the strongest relationship in the entire Arrowverse, so it's good to see them revisit it every now and then. I also loved seeing Ray and Mick together. Mick actually struggling to say he misses Snart and that he kind of wants a replacement partner but that when Ray tries to be like Snart, it's painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Even with all the resources they have, they are no match for a speedster..so I wonder how they will deal with this. Would they call for help from Barry?
    I kind of hope they don't. Have Ray somehow incorporate the cold gun into a new Atom suit, have him figure out a way to cross streams...Atom and Heatwave could be a match for Reverse Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I agree, and why does it seem like they're trying to hook up Citizen Steel and Vixen.
    Because it'd be a doomed romance similar to what happened with the Hawks last season? Actually, Citizen Steel and Vixen need to team up with Cisco/Vibe and somehow throw Gypsy in the mix for a Justice League Detroit homage.

One of the disappointing things about the Arrowverse just setting the entire JSA into WWII, without any kind of comic book caveat to keep them in the present, is that now they're all gone and can't interact with the main heroes in the other shows or be a consistent presence in the Arrowverse. We barely even got to know the WWII JSA, let alone their real names outside of Rex and Todd, and now they're apparently dead and the team has faded from history.

Though the team being no more, and the government classifying their existence, explains why we haven't heard anything about the JSA in the modern day or why the government didn't send their own personal Superhero team to take down all the bad guys constantly invading Star City or Zoom and the Earth-2 Metas plaguing Central City.
    I'm expecting some kind of identical (great?) granddaughter of Courtney's to show up as the modern day Stargirl. Although now that you mentioned the government and in light of the defunct JSA trainign warehouse, it got me thinking. Did Argus ever know about the JSA? Did they ever attempt to bring them back at some point? Maybe they couldn't because of the lack of metahumans? Or maybe Task Force X actually started out as an attempt to recreate the Justice Society of America?

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Because a CW show can't exist without a romance thrown into the works.
    Truth, nothing but truth here...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm expecting some kind of identical (great?) granddaughter of Courtney's to show up as the modern day Stargirl. Although now that you mentioned the government and in light of the defunct JSA trainign warehouse, it got me thinking. Did Argus ever know about the JSA? Did they ever attempt to bring them back at some point? Maybe they couldn't because of the lack of metahumans? Or maybe Task Force X actually started out as an attempt to recreate the Justice Society of America?
    The Suicide Squad does seem kind of like Waller's take on the whole "government Superhero team" concept.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Well, now I have an answer next time My Mom asks that question!

Thank you very much!

Incredible Member

I'm guessing Obsidian was left out of the JSA's last mission because the government, in that far from progressive period, viewed his Homosexuality as a liability? At least that's the impression I got before Todd got cut off.
    It would have been regarded as more than a liability; the 50s were the height of McCarthyism, and homosexuality was regarded as utterly immoral. The fact that Obsidian was even still a member of the JSA at the time suggests he had some very influential allies to keep him employed, even if his activities were being somewhat curtailed. But yeah- that's pretty clearly what he was getting at.

Retired

I think the argument at the time was that if the Soviets found out such information about an American agent, they could threaten him with exposure unless he did what they asked. Likewise with the honeypot used to blackmail agents into betraying state secrets.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think the argument at the time was that if the Soviets found out such information about an American agent, they could threaten him with exposure unless he did what they asked. Likewise with the honeypot used to blackmail agents into betraying state secrets.
    Correct. In fact, the pressure on a gay person back then would have been far, far greater than for a straight person found to be in a compromising situation. It's still that way today, of course, but not nearly to the same extent since there where were no safe harbors 60-something years ago for so-called "deviants."
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?