Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    You sure about that one?
    Yes. Embassies are the diplomatic mission of a foreign country in another country’s capital.

If a diplomatic mission has other business in other countries’ cities that are not the capital, it might have an office or building called a consulate.

There are other offices and terms for diplomatic missions with even less recognition between the nations involved.

Also, you can’t just establish a diplomatic mission because your country wants one. The host country has to accept your diplomatic mission. Often, this involves years of diplomacy, particularly between hostile nations. You think the US would just let in a bunch of demons who just invaded and attacked New York? That doesn’t make much sense, does it?

Duggan was pretty careful and informed to point out the Treehouse was a consulate, not an embassy.

Wells and Lowe apparently don’t know or don’t care, or both, which is typical of a lot of the garbage the post-Hickman Krakoan era has produced, IMO.

I’d still like to know why Chasm has a giant glowing green cockroach on his tunic. If anyone knows, please tell me.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    You sure about that one?
    I thought it was a rhetorical question, at first.

The words and actions of many of our RW polticians can rival those of any demon-aligned one in the MU.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-02-2023 at 05:45 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Wells made Madelyn sound extremely bitchy, in contrast to the last 10 pages of the X-Men title. I feel sorry that after all, they have Madelyn still attached to Limbo. My hopes were that she ditches the whole crap and bikini outfit and restarts a life on her own on Krakoa, or better, Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Wells made Madelyn sound extremely bitchy, in contrast to the last 10 pages of the X-Men title. I feel sorry that after all, they have Madelyn still attached to Limbo. My hopes were that she ditches the whole crap and bikini outfit and restarts a life on her own on Krakoa, or better, Mars.
    She is a villain. We can’t expect her to be written nicely.

I don’t “get” her or Ben’s motivations, though. With her, I never have. The character is so weird and nonsensical.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Had a bad feeling of this event considering the states Maddie and Ben were in at the end of 2022 and my intuition was right. I guess Maddie fans got what they wanted no matter how undeserved it was. Poor Ben. Not even going to bother with that Hallows' Eve book.

Why the f*ck does Limbo need an embassy on Earth for? What are the chances of this coming up again? The writer isn't on the X-books.

Once again, these are the worst Spidey and X-Men books for the year but at least X-Men has two other events coming up.
    "Cable was right!"

How Dark Web should have ended

Madelyne: Jean, can I have my memories back?
    Jean: Okey-Dokey!

(roll credits)

That is how it ended. Just not for Ben Reilly.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post

(roll credits)
    Reminds me of Inhumans vs X-Men: "Why didn't you just tell me the Terrigen Clouds were toxic to mutants?"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Reminds me of Inhumans vs X-Men: "Why didn't you just tell me the Terrigen Clouds were toxic to mutants?"
    Emma should've choked Medusa with her own Infini-Weave.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post

(roll credits)
    That's how it should have started!
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    [*]I coulda sworn Maddie's alias was Goblyn Queen, with a Y. I remembered that because I thought it looked stupid. But I couldn't find anything about this on the Wiki, so maybe I just imagined it.
    You're not the only one to make that mistake. Madelyne's evil alter ego (or possessing demon) in Inferno was the Goblin Queen. Goblyn was a different character:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Goblyn_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Anodyne; 02-03-2023 at 06:38 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Extraordinary Member

Get rid of the Spider-Man / Chasm stuff and make it a war for Limbo between Maddie (with the X-Men backing her) and Belasco. With the twist that Maddie loses at the end and Belasco and Limbo being an enemy for future stories.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Get rid of the Spider-Man / Chasm stuff and make it a war for Limbo between Maddie (with the X-Men backing her) and Belasco. With the twist that Maddie loses at the end and Belasco and Limbo being an enemy for future stories.
    That could have worked. That said, yeah, generally cosigning everyone here who thinks Wells did the Spider-Man side seriously dirty. Say what you will about The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly, at least his brain's so thoroughly scrambled and f***ed up that his motivations not making sense are baked into the cake, so to speak. As for Madelyne, I'm of two minds on her. On the one hand, it's great that she's (finally) begun to move past her feelings of being discarded, abandoned, and forgotten by Cyclops and by the X-Men overall once Jean Grey came back from the dead, after Jean herself showed her compassion and empathy. On the other hand, it's not cool that she's acting like this whole sorry event was entirely Chasm's fault, especially when the point of her alliance with him was that she could relate to his feelings of loss and emptiness, and (perhaps) should have paid that same compassion and empathy that Jean showed her forward. All in all . . . a real shame and a total waste of an event.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That could have worked. That said, yeah, generally cosigning everyone here who thinks Wells did the Spider-Man side seriously dirty. Say what you will about The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly, at least his brain's so thoroughly scrambled and f***ed up that his motivations not making sense are baked into the cake, so to speak. As for Madelyne, I'm of two minds on her. On the one hand, it's great that she's (finally) begun to move past her feelings of being discarded, abandoned, and forgotten by Cyclops and by the X-Men overall once Jean Grey came back from the dead, after Jean herself showed her compassion and empathy. On the other hand, it's not cool that she's acting like this whole sorry event was entirely Chasm's fault, especially when the point of her alliance with him was that she could relate to his feelings of loss and emptiness, and (perhaps) should have paid that same compassion and empathy that Jean showed her forward. All in all . . . a real shame and a total waste of an event.
    I am not the biggest Ben Reilly fan...but I would not have wished this nonsense on him. Maybe de-powered him and cleared Janine's record and let them move to Toronto or something and live happily ever after.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am not the biggest Ben Reilly fan...but I would not have wished this nonsense on him. Maybe de-powered him and cleared Janine's record and let them move to Toronto or something and live happily ever after.
    Yeah, that would have worked a lot better.
    The spider is always on the hunt.