Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

I think that Hickman will finally touch on more of the KoD business. The story had been admittedly slow following Infinity. What we do know is that he can spiritually commune with all the previous BP's and has all their knowledge like martial arts for example.

All-New Member

I believe T'Challa was given the title of King of the Dead for a few reasons. One to separate T'Challa and Shuri she is the Black Panther Queen of Wakanda and he is the Black Panther King of the Dead(Necropolis) this allows the Black Panther Mythology to expand and grow additional stories. Secondly I believe Hickman wanted to restore T'Challa past the ranks of street level, Captain America Peak Human or low Super Human ranks. I believe he wanted to set him apart from CA comparisons by solidifying him as Superhuman and provide some new additional power sets (which we haven't quite seen, but I'll come back to this) that will also help expand the BP Mythology. Lastly I believe the current storylines called for it and future storylines will also. Hickman is weaving a masterpiece; although it is very long and drawn out! I hope we will be happy with T'Challa as the Black Panther King of the Dead 18 months from now.
    Now let’s talk about the new powers/abilities of T’Challa. What are they??? And when will we see them??? Heck when will we see some real action in NA period? If I take the statement that T’Challa now has all the strength and knowledge from all previous BP that is one hell of an upgrade. Think about it centuries of strength would have to put him in minimum class 25 -75 strength range. I would think centuries of BP on the Herb! I’m saying his Strength, Speed, Durability, and Intellect should be off the charts now. I believe his Intellect should have always been displayed as on par with Reed’s anyways. When are we going to see some Shadow Physics? Also now there would be no denying the statement and that he may have the greatest tactician mind on earth period. Centuries of a knowledge from nation that was never conquered! Come on hands down the greatest. Lastly I will touch on the martial arts skill do I need to say it. Say he was top 5 before earth martial artist I would say this would take him to number 1 with a bullet. Remember what he did to the Super Skrull before the upgrade! The main question is WHEN WILL WE SEE IT??????? I need my crazy action packed T’Challa issue or issues. Please Hickman get on it T’Challa is the GREATEST don’t waste the opportunity with this character. What do you guys think? ? Also let me know where I can locate the scene of BP spiritually communing with other BP.

BANNED

When was he granted those powers? During FF? I've never seen anything but the name referenced in NA.

I thought it was just Hickman embellishment for the sake of dramatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    When was he granted those powers? During FF? I've never seen anything but the name referenced in NA.

I thought it was just Hickman embellishment for the sake of dramatics.
    During one of the last issues of Hickman's FF.

That's why the Illuminati hang around in the Necropolis. It was made his "kingdom" by Bast.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Well, his handling of Black Dwarf certainly makes more sense now. I assumed he was still at his normal power level.

Quote Originally Posted by optic rage! View Post
    when was he granted those powers? During ff? I've never seen anything but the name referenced in na.

I thought it was just hickman embellishment for the sake of dramatics.
    f4 #608

bpkod.jpg

bpkod2.jpg

bpkod3.jpg

BANNED

Clever way of granting him a power boost without it seeming too contrived.

BANNED

Well, his handling of Black Dwarf certainly makes more sense now. I assumed he was still at his normal power level.
    Well so far all we really have seen is that he can commune with Dead Black Panthers. The Strength upgrade/best tactician/ ect is just what his hard core fans want to believe he has.

Personally, I'm not sure why a fan of the Black Panther would want him to have class 75 strength? I thought part of the allure of T'Challa was that he was a skilled fighter who didn't need uber powers to be great?

BANNED

Clever way of granting him a power boost without it seeming too contrived.
    He needed something to make him different. I mean it was a good argument that Reed, Steve and Tony could do what he does--BP's power set was like being a great physicist in the same room with Albert Einstein. Oppenheimer wouldn't even be considered the smartest man in the room with Einstein around.

Adding a more mystic element and tying it to a spiritual force..makes him a bit unique. Hopefully it work like the Force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Well so far all we really have seen is that he can commune with Dead Black Panthers. The Strength upgrade/best tactician/ ect is just what his hard core fans want to believe he has.

Personally, I'm not sure why a fan of the Black Panther would want him to have class 75 strength? I thought part of the allure of T'Challa was that he was a skilled fighter who didn't need uber powers to be great?
    Well wouldn't you say him beating Black Dwarf shows what we believe was his power level given the difficulty in taking him down by all the X-men?

Sort of like Spider-man vs the Juggernaut.

The strength/speed upgrade thing was confirmed by Hickman ages ago. It's not as big of an upgrade as some believe though. He's probably around Spider-Man's level strength wise.
    On ye olde CBR

He was not ripping apart people like he did in NA#1 before the KoD stuff.

The "tactician" stuff has been apart of his character for very very very very long time.

Can't you be both a skilled fighter and "uber" strength? Just means the foes he faces hand-to-hand have to be stronger (like Black Dwarf).

And he isn't "uber" at all... he just seems past peak human/classic Cap levels now.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Well wouldn't you say him beating Black Dwarf shows what we believe was his power level given the difficulty in taking him down by all the X-men?

Also as far as "best tactician" the scan above clearly states he's gained all the knowledge of previously panthers, "every battle won", etc, etc.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

We have no idea how he beat Black Dwarf though. For all we know Shuri could have given him an assist or a plan could have been made for T'Challa to distract BD while a few soldiers unleashed some super weapon on him.

Spiderman vs Juggy is actually an example that helps what I'm saying though....Spiderman has never beat Juggy due to power alone he just out smarted him and really just contained him than actually "beating" him.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    The strength/speed upgrade thing was confirmed by Hickman ages ago. It's not as big of an upgrade as some believe though. He's probably around Spider-Man's level strength wise.
    Excuses me I wasn't clear, I meant the upgrade to the levels that some are claiming. None of that has been shown. Right now due to a fans post we are to believe that T'Challa is as strong as current day Luke Cage to early day Colossus, he's smarter than Reed, possibly a better fighter than Shang and Iron Fist, and a better leader than Captain America all due to an upgrade when none of which has been shown. I'm really not sure why they would want all that given to him. Being a "perfect" character doesn't equal more interesting, in fact most times it works against the character.

However, if all that is the case then the argument for T'Challa not being a Marry Sue goes flying out the window.
    Last edited by Trident; 05-07-2014 at 06:37 AM.

He needed something to make him different. I mean it was a good argument that Reed, Steve and Tony could do what he does--BP's power set was like being a great physicist in the same room with Albert Einstein. Oppenheimer wouldn't even be considered the smartest man in the room with Einstein around.

Adding a more mystic element and tying it to a spiritual force..makes him a bit unique. Hopefully it work like the Force.
    I suppose in theory you could argue a mystic element wouldn't be that unique in a group with Dr. Strange.

Still, I don't think a bit of redundency is that bad at all. It's not like Beast is adding anything entirely unique either, but every bit of help can help.