Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast

Thread: IvX #4 SPOILERS

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Right now she's little more than a stooge to Medusa who does whatever she wants and believes everything that she says without question...
    Can't blame her for having faith in her sister.

Ultimate Member

Well there's faith and then there's blind obedience like she's being mind controlled or something that doesn't even question any of Medusa's actions...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well there's faith and then there's blind obedience like she's being mind controlled or something that doesn't even question any of Medusa's actions...
    I think it's more of her believing her sister is doing what is best for their people in that the X-men will do whatever it takes to ensure the survival of their species.

I'm a bit more fair to both sides since I'm a fan of both the X-men and the Inhuamns I'm the same in how I view scarlet witch with house of m and the avengers with avx I don't like to take sides and I like to view them as good people.

BANNED

I think if Crystal knew about the complete Terrigenocide countdown she'd immediately flip to Team Emma. I think a lot of the Royal Family and NuHuman elite would actually.

BANNED

Agreed. Crystal won me over during DoX.

I think Medusa will be the only one (I guess BB too) to oppose the re-crystallization of the mists.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post

I think Medusa will be the only one (I guess BB too) to oppose the re-crystallization of the mists.
    Karnak too. He's too pro-prophecy/theology not to and he's ruthless enough to overlook mutant genocide. I actually think it'd be a harder moral decision for Medusa.

If re-crystallization is an option (and I still think it sounds like Forges machine might be able to do that) then I think it's a compromise mist can agree with. We know after this event they're still not fighting so some sort if agreeable compromise presumably is made by INauman aMD X-men leadership.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If re-crystallization is an option (and I still think it sounds like Forges machine might be able to do that) then I think it's a compromise mist can agree with. We know after this event they're still not fighting so some sort if agreeable compromise presumably is made.
    From the sounds of solicits the compromise is probably just destroying the cloud after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    From the sounds of solicits the compromise is probably just destroying the cloud after all.
    And Emma frost will either be killed off or imprisoned or go into hiding and become a villian since she's absent from the resurrexion announcements and everyone else seemingly makes it out alive.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    And Emma frost will either be killed off or imprisoned or go into hiding and become a villian since she's absent from the resurrexion announcements and everyone else seemingly makes it out alive.
    She is the last real figurehead from the older x-men leadership and soule and lemire have telegraphed their writing style cues badly, this started with a conflict with black bolt, this seems like it'll end with the conflict between emma and medusa.

I'm expecting her to die and given how they've written her post secret wars, I'm not sorry about letting her stay dead for a while free from such bad writing.

BANNED

It's really too bad Emma's going to be scapegoated given everyone will likely just end up doing what she said to in the beginning.

#EmmaWasRight

BANNED

Didn't Soule say nobody major would die?

As for imprisonment? As if that ever lasts in superhero world.

I'm guessing she goes into literal limbo or she will remain undercover popping up in the more extreme books.

Ultimate Member

Even if the cloud can be contained it would have to be "purified" or else the X-men would never just hand it over to the Inhumans who could then just release it again, and even if they clean it up they'd have to come up with a way to stop it from killing mutants again...

I think if Crystal knew about the complete Terrigenocide countdown she'd immediately flip to Team Emma. I think a lot of the Royal Family and NuHuman elite would actually.
    I think, besides Medusa, Black Bolt, Gorgon, Maximus, and Triton, the Inhumans would rather get rid of the cloud. But it was a definite gamble to if the Inhumans would react against or for the mutants if told about the 2-week saturation point.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    nah. I think looking at the Inhumans as good guys or bad guys sort of misses the point.
    Even now, Marvel is backing off of the initiative to repackage the royal Inhumans as traditional capes-and-spandex style superheroes. It was never going to be a good fit. Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl are excellent super heroes, but The Royals are more science fiction heroes.
    I wasn't saying whether the Inhumans are good guys or bad guys. Iron Fist made it seem like rejecting Inhumanity is something that is horrible. Also, yeah, my favorite version of the Inhumans are when they were key in Abnett and Lanning's Cosmic MU-era. They always worked better as a neutral force, acting only in their own interest, whether that benefits or hurts heroes. Medusa working as an Avenger seems OOC but I appreciated what Soule did, especially making good use of the NuHumans concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    She is the last real figurehead from the older x-men leadership and soule and lemire have telegraphed their writing style cues badly, this started with a conflict with black bolt, this seems like it'll end with the conflict between emma and medusa.

I'm expecting her to die and given how they've written her post secret wars, I'm not sorry about letting her stay dead for a while free from such bad writing.
    Storm? Magneto?

They are figureheads and major ones at that. And, once again, unless she gets shattered by BB's voice (which I can't see happening without some sort of pushback from the X-Men), Medusa can't body her down.

Didn't Soule say nobody major would die?

As for imprisonment? As if that ever lasts in superhero world.

I'm guessing she goes into literal limbo or she will remain undercover popping up in the more extreme books.
    Source??

It's really too bad Emma's going to be scapegoated given everyone will likely just end up doing what she said to in the beginning.

#EmmaWasRight
    That's what makes it funny.

There's pretty much nothing that'd make her a villain at this point short of murdering Inhuman kids in their sleep.