Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Justice League #65 Preview

Justice League #65 Preview
    Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
    Artist: Steve Pugh
    Backup Writer: Ram V
    Backup Artist: Sumit Kumar

Hold up, let me see if I have this right because it’s nuts. Are you telling me that Bendis just introduced not only in Justice League but the Checkmate series where Lois Lane is a leading character, the brother of Lois Lane who is a former government agent of ARGUS. So this would make this guy the brothers-in-law to Clark Kent and the Uncle to Jon, the soon to be Superman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah, I thought Lois only had a sister, not a brother!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, so far, has anybody else confirmed that Lois Lane has a brother?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, so far, has anybody else confirmed that Lois Lane has a brother?
    Well really there are two options, 1. Sam Lane hid a brother from Lois/Lois forgot all about him or 2. This is some guy that Sam Lane adopted and raised up to be a soldier
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I thought Lois only had a sister, not a brother!
    Not according to Bendis...

RCO013_1608030696.jpg

I always thought the whole "Bendis doesn't other people's book" was just a meme, but the man truly writes his own continuity.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Astonishing Member

He looks like cousin Louis Lane of (Earth-One). Post Inifinte Froniter with more changes.

they couldn't have made it a normal arrow? The conversation with the boxing glove arrow pointed at him was a little humorous
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    they couldn't have made it a normal arrow? The conversation with the boxing glove arrow pointed at him was a little humorous
    It's Bendis. He aims for "a little humorous."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well really there are two options, 1. Sam Lane hid a brother from Lois/Lois forgot all about him or 2. This is some guy that Sam Lane adopted and raised up to be a soldier
    Or he can lied.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Or he can lied.
    Yeah that’s a possibility but lying to Green Arrow and Black Canary about it would seem to me like a real odd choice. In that scenario I would lie more to Jon Kent, he’s young and impressionable with the powers of Superman and he probably wouldn’t know whether he has an uncle or not.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah that’s a possibility but lying to Green Arrow and Black Canary about it would seem to me like a real odd choice.
    But if you're buying time it could work.

I have a really hard time believing in this whole "Lois Lane brother" thing. Like they just drop this random guy here and suddenly he's Lois Lane's brother? I know Bendis is writing Lois in Checkmate but this feels out-of-place. I doubt this guy is either genuine or likely to live long.

Also I feel like they could have resolved that conversation in half the panel time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have a really hard time believing in this whole "Lois Lane brother" thing. Like they just drop this random guy here and suddenly he's Lois Lane's brother? I know Bendis is writing Lois in Checkmate but this feels out-of-place. I doubt this guy is either genuine or likely to live long.

Also I feel like they could have resolved that conversation in half the panel time.
    But . . . it's Bendis!

What else can you expect of his "writing" abilities?

Actually, if Lois has a brother, that just makes Sam Lane even worse because he always hard on Lois and Lucy because they weren't the sons he wanted.