• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I have a feeling you are correct in this, but I just raise the concern because it is possible. Possible, but hopefully not probable. :::fingers crossed:::
    I really wouldn't be concerned. Coates (aside for when the crew was first introduced) has demonstrated he can competently write storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Fellow Storm fans, there isnt an updated tally yet, but ive tried counting (last post by Chocolate Starmie on page 16) and Storm and Jean will be tied on first place with 95 points each, while WW will have 90 points.

I hope that before an updated tally will be posted there, atleast one of the Storm fans who havent vote yet would vote so we can make Storm take the top spot alone.

Here's the link: http://community.comicbookresources....omicdom/page16
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 12-20-2017 at 10:07 PM.

BANNED

I have a feeling you are correct in this, but I just raise the concern because it is possible. Possible, but hopefully not probable. :::fingers crossed:::
    While it is possible but we have to be more optimistic. I know Coates wrote Storm being the first of the crew to be taken down when the crew showed up in the bp ongoing solo. But after that, Mr Coates has been writing her beautifully.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    as bad as that is it's not as bad as this:

I'm just gonna go back to this scan because nothing the writer wrote made any kind of sense whatsoever.

1) How are they able to breathe? Oh, that's right! Air has to be present for Ororo and Bobby to breathe. Storm's weather control gives her control over air down to the atomic level. This scan makes no sense.

2) The temperature in that environment was clearly not absolute zero. In other words, heat was present and Storm's dominion over the elements includes heat. So, she should have had power here. If she wanted, for instance, to create a cold zone, all she would have to do is simply remove the heat from her target space. Again, this scan makes no sense.

3) Storm's ability is to control the universal energies around her regardless of what those forces may be. They can be even bizarre forces completely different from those found on Earth and she would still be able to command them as shown in Unanny X-Men #369 when she fought the Trion. In other words, whatever forces were present in the dimension of this scan that passed for its natural elements, Ororo should have been able to tap into them and control them. This scan makes no sense.

4) Wasn't Iceman able to create ice there? That means moisture had to be present as well in that dimension. Moisture is another thing that Storm controls. Again, this scan makes no sense.

Nothing about the story this scan came from made any sense. It was PIS through and through.
    Last edited by rutog98; 12-20-2017 at 10:49 PM.

BANNED

Thanks for voting rutog98!

BANNED

I'm just gonna go back to this scan because nothing the writer wrote made any kind of sense whatsoever.

1) How are they able to breathe? Oh, that's right! Air has to be present for Ororo and Bobby to breathe. Storm's weather control gives her control over air down to the atomic level. This scan makes no sense.

2) The temperature in that environment is clearly not absolute zero. In other words, heat is present and Storm's dominion over the elements includes heat. So, she should have had power here. If she wanted, for instance, to create a cold zone, all she would have to do is simply remove the heat from her target space. Again, this scan makes no sense.

3) Storm's ability is to control the universal energies around her regardless of what those forces may be. They can be even bizarre forces completely different from those found on Earth and she would still be able to command them as shown in Unanny X-Men #369 when she ought the Trion. In other words, whatever forces were present in the dimension of this scan that passed for its natural elements, Ororo should have been able to tap into them and control them.

4) Wasn't Iceman able to create ice there? That means moisture had to be present as well in that dimension. Moisture is another thing that Storm controls.

Nothing about the story this scan came from made any sense. It was PIS through and through.
    You are so right with this rutog98.

Storm waterbending:

so cool!

I wish we could see fun and creative uses of her powers like that again.. sighhh
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm waterbending:

so cool!

I wish we could see fun and creative uses of her powers like that again.. sighhh
    Claremont is still king, even with his foibles!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Windrider just voted. Hurray. I hope he posts here again.

BANNED

Storm waterbending:

so cool!

I think Storm was using air to manipulate water

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I think Storm was using air to manipulate water
    No, I'm pretty sure she specifically says she is manipulating the water's surface tension to surf without a board.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure she specifically says she is manipulating the water's surface tension to surf without a board.
    Oh ok then. That would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Oh ok then. That would be better.
    She can definitely waterbend. Even in the earliest of issues(such as when she floods the hallways of NORAD and gently moves the gassed soldiers away) she could, though it wouldn't be until much later(here in X-Treme and even later) that she becomes proficient.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Claremont is still king, even with his foibles!
    indeed. I would love to see him return for a Storm adventure. these new crop of writers need a history lesson of the worse kind.

BANNED

I would love Claremont back too. But please no more making sexual implications.