View Poll Results: Why are you skipping The Gifted?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Waiting to binge or It's on my DVR

12 18.18%
  • Don't like the FOXVERSE

19 28.79%
  • Not interested in the characters

11 16.67%
  • Heard bad things

1 1.52%
  • Other

23 34.85%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I am watching very faithfully
    Please Remain Calm

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

bad casting
    cheap TV effects do not work for me on Xmen
    not in continuity enough
    no costumes
    it plays like SHIELD to me boring and cheap tv

I tried, but Singer's first episode had a shower scene with little boys a few minutes in and I just couldn't (Apt Pupil, anyone?). Haven't watched any more since. Add to that the fact they looked through X-Lore and decided to make the Struckers(Nazis) the main characters and I just have no interest.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I tried, but Singer's first episode had a shower scene with little boys a few minutes in and I just couldn't (Apt Pupil, anyone?). Haven't watched any more since. Add to that the fact they looked through X-Lore and decided to make the Struckers(Nazis) the main characters and I just have no interest.
    I can't remember this scene. I remember the scene of Andy destroying the showers fully clothed, and I remember the prison shower scene of grown women, but I don't remember a scene of little boys showering. Not saying it didn't happen, just that I'd need more info to refresh my memory if it did.

As for the Struckers, the family we see in the show aren't Nazis. Their ancestors may have been, but even if their ancestors are, a lot of the show's approach with the Struckers to date has been the family realizing how poorly mutants have been treated and how they simply allowed it all to happen for their own benefit. Realizing that and trying to make amends for it is part of their story arc.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I mentioned Alex only because when you and others disagree with anything that I say it's the accusation that's usually hurled back at me, that I'm only saying this or that because I want her back with Alex...I don't see why Lorna has to hold the exact same views as Magneto and she doesn't owe him anything, and whenever she and Alex do end up back together whenever that is I'll have a good laugh at how angry you all get...
    I don't think she has the eXact same views as him, or will. Their outlooks & sensibilities are similar in some ways, but they're different people with different--even if sometimes shared--life eXperiences.

Good luck with that last bit, but I think you'll be disappointed, even if it does happen.

Singer made underaged boys shower actually naked for the late 90's film Apt Pupil. Several of them made formal complaints. Of course the charges were settled out of court or whatever, but the fact that he stated this show off in such a similar scene was extremely distasteful.

If the Struckers aren't Nazi's in this show, why did they even use that name? And why have powered siblings? The Strucker twins are the most important bearers of that name in X-lore, so why even go there?

You can watch the show if you want, and enjoy it as you like. The thread asks a question, so I gave my answer.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I love the show. Cant eait for tonights episode. The 3 in one are in the house
    X-Men Forever

I love The Gifted. Polaris, Blink and Thunderbird are great.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I don't think she has the eXact same views as him, or will. Their outlooks & sensibilities are similar in some ways, but they're different people with different--even if sometimes shared--life eXperiences.

Good luck with that last bit, but I think you'll be disappointed, even if it does happen.
    My point was that just because she's his daughter doesn't mean that she has to be so similar to him, most kids in the X-universe aren't made to be so alike their parents, Siryn didn't join Interpol or whatever, and my bit at the end isn't far fetched, and I didn't put a timetable on it but I know that putting Lorna on a team where Magneto isn't a member is hated by many Lorna fans here, even if Alex isn't on that team either...

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Singer made underaged boys shower actually naked for the late 90's film Apt Pupil. Several of them made formal complaints. Of course the charges were settled out of court or whatever, but the fact that he stated this show off in such a similar scene was extremely distasteful.

If the Struckers aren't Nazi's in this show, why did they even use that name? And why have powered siblings? The Strucker twins are the most important bearers of that name in X-lore, so why even go there?

You can watch the show if you want, and enjoy it as you like. The thread asks a question, so I gave my answer.
    He never returned the tapes of the showers or deleted them he said they were lost.
    Xmen pedo movie connection thru Singer

General Stryker from X2 was in a movie called L.I.E. about him and a 11 year old boy
    Shadow Cat from the movies was in pedo Hard Candy movie
    Rouge (Anna P] It's the rage- played an underage having sex with a gay cop there are more.
    one night it was a movie game in a bar(to name wich actors in X movies had pedo themed movies before working with Singer)
    and it did not look good for Singer by the end.

I haven't seen Apt Pupil and don't want to, but what I've heard about it sounds like it was all kinds of wrong that shouldn't be excused under any circumstances. I'm not arguing about that.

What I asked you about was the claim that Gifted's first episode had that kind of scene. I don't remember it. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. But I'd need details to jog my memory. It's a difference between the show using someone who did such a scene in a past film, and the show actually letting him do such a scene again less than a year ago.

As for the Struckers, I imagine their reason is its weight by association. What we see at present is like condemning people in their 20s and 40s today for having ancestors that were Nazis. Maybe the Nazi connection will become important as the Struckers discover it and try to make up for what their ancestors did. I don't know what the plan is. I'm just saying the Struckers on the show aren't Nazis.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I won't watch any fox-men related film. I need marvel to have full rights with no impact from the fox studios.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    He never returned the tapes of the showers or deleted them he said they were lost.
    Xmen pedo movie connection thru Singer

General Stryker from X2 was in a movie called L.I.E. about him and a 11 year old boy
    Shadow Cat from the movies was in pedo Hard Candy movie
    Rouge (Anna P] It's the rage- played an underage having sex with a gay cop there are more.
    one night it was a movie game in a bar(to name wich actors in X movies had pedo themed movies before working with Singer)
    and it did not look good for Singer by the end.
    Whatta stretch, but wow, people really spend time thinking 'bout these type of things?... *shudder*

I'm not ready for it yet, Im watching like a million shows right now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I haven't seen Apt Pupil and don't want to, but what I've heard about it sounds like it was all kinds of wrong that shouldn't be excused under any circumstances. I'm not arguing about that.

What I asked you about was the claim that Gifted's first episode had that kind of scene. I don't remember it. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. But I'd need details to jog my memory. It's a difference between the show using someone who did such a scene in a past film, and the show actually letting him do such a scene again less than a year ago.

As for the Struckers, I imagine their reason is its weight by association. What we see at present is like condemning people in their 20s and 40s today for having ancestors that were Nazis. Maybe the Nazi connection will become important as the Struckers discover it and try to make up for what their ancestors did. I don't know what the plan is. I'm just saying the Struckers on the show aren't Nazis.

The shower scene in the first episode merely depicted the male Strucker being bullied in the boys locker room by what I can only describe as H.S. Jocks -- at worst he was scolded by hot water and everyone was fully dressed.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-01-2018 at 08:32 PM.