Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Man, Tillerson is fighting back the tears.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Well, we got a decent opponent. Lamb is an ex-Marine and former US assistant so that should have some appeal to those who are getting tired of Trump's act.
    Who said he'd be willing to work with Trump where it favored the district this afternoon. Might work for Republicans as well as Dems.

On the other hand, The Republican running is almost exactly who you would want to run against in that district.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    1. Of course he is, where have you been ZombieHavoc? He's always been a snowflake, the dudes a flake no matter which way you slice it.

2. Not true, the vast majority of people are against racism, it's the vocal hold outs that tend to be the problem. Given that more and more people are protesting and what not, I don't think they are winning.
    Well, I didn't mean him being a snowflake was a revelation I had to day, just commenting on the fact.

And when I say the racists own America, I meant the current administration. But still, 62 million people voted for them. that's a lot of people.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Who said he'd be willing to work with Trump where it favored the district this afternoon. Might work for Republicans as well as Dems.
    Trump doesn't do anything to help anyone, so I don't know what he's talking about.

Or does he mean he's gonna be one of the type of dems who signs on to bills to deregulate banks, even though no one except rich fuckers want that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Yeah but that's what has happened in all of them. Polls suggest dem winner, RNC pumps a **** ton of cash and then Pence and/or Trump robo call or stump in the area, pub wins, everything stays the same...which is generally shitty and bigot-y.

Again, as with all this bullshit, I hope I'm wrong. I will always eat crow with a smile on my face if it means one less Trump bootlicker in a leadership role.
    And I think that's what the news storys are hitting at in general. Clearly even the GOP was afraid of the competition. They were forced to pour a ton more resources into this race to save the seat than they should have when Trump won it in double digits. They had to get trump down there campaigning for him in a district that wont even exist next year after the special election and the court ruling for gerrymandered districts.

Its resources they could have used in tighter races with less margin. At the end of the day GOP might probably still get it like the other special elections. and GOP will continue downplaying Democratic gains talk and the "blue wave" stuff.

I think it all depends on turnout.

It will take an extra ordinary turnout to take it

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    More Serious Answer: Savages & Asshats have been burning books since we've had books (Where's that Library of Alexandria gone?) so it's not inherently a Nazi thing to do, but the last large organized political movement to do so was the one everyone loves to hate on: The Nazis. Then when you consider all the ties of Neo-Nazis (and the bigotry they both share) to the conservative movement it's a fair comparison. It's not like there are liberals actively waving around swastikas and quoting Hitler in a serious/adoring way. Regardless, you don't really care about this situation so why bother pretending? Are you trying to be *gasp* Impressive?!

Less Serious Answer: You say there's no strawman while standing in front of a big one with "Mouth Breathing Conservatives" painted on it. You might as well have pulled a "Mission Accomplished" out of your ass too.

Other answer: If I posted to impress anyone I'd be slavishly agreeing with every post I come close to liking and not go on pointless back-and-forths with folks like you which I'm sure are rather boring to read in the long run. BTW If in fact you are posting on this forum to be 'impressive' then I feel rather sorry for you.
    The only way in which the German Nazi/American conservative comparison is fair is when a particular conservative has waved around a swastika or quoted Hitler. Otherwise. if you're going to make comparisons based on general actions, then it's just as fair to apply the comparison to liberals who take the same actions. Frankly, most of the ideas of modern "book burning"-- and that includes the jerk who makes the (probably) idle threat in the video-- accord less with the general program of the Nazis than beating up detractors. And can we find both conservatives and liberals who have done this very thing? Why, yes, we can.

The "mouth-breathing conservatives" was directed at the same poster who used the term "popular comparison narrative," so I wasn't precisely pulling it out of nowhere.

You're making too much of the "impressive" remark. I'm just stating that I had already qualified my own example-- that of the fans who burned Captain American magazines-- by saying that they didn't have much in common with the sort of people who are trying to make certain books unavailable (like, again, the mostly liberal Wertham). That is, since I'd already made that statement, your statement didn't contradict mine.

BANNED

The NRA is doign what they can to make the kids go away. They aren't. They are also going to keep at it. They were violated in a place that should feel safe from threat of death. How do they not understand this? Hardening Schools is not the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    There's an old saying, that the only two types of people who take the Bible literally are fundamentalists and atheists.
    That old saying should be adjusted to say...

"The only two types of people who take the Bible Literally are Fundamentalists and Politicians running for office, because Atheists know those type of people are dangerous."

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I have yet to meet a believer who doesn't take some part of the Bible literally.

Agreed. They can't live by the whole thing, so they like only the parts they want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This is the part that NRA fanatics (as opposed to the more sane members) don't want people to know about. Even the wounded survivors frequently are maimed with horrible injuries by the sheer velocity of the bullets coming from the military style rifles.
    Agreed. These kids should not be throwing themselves in front of High Powered Weapons to save their friends at Schools. Period!

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    And I think that's what the news storys are hitting at in general. Clearly even the GOP was afraid of the competition. They were forced to pour a ton more resources into this race to save the seat than they should have when Trump won it in double digits. They had to get trump down there campaigning for him in a district that wont even exist next year after the special election and the court ruling for gerrymandered districts.
    I don't know that it was largely "Competition". They had a Republican who was running loudly on "Zig" in a "Zag" district.

You don't have any choice but to put resources into the race when that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    here's an easy way to avoid being "confronted" by Antifa

don;t be a Nazi, dont support people who support Nazis

fairly easy

Antifa isn't a monolith, its a reaction
    The real Nazis of Germany liked to claim that they were reacting against the scourge of Communism.

Let's say that the worst thing Antifa ever does is, say, to attack patrons attending an event where a far right pundit speaks.

Do the beatings they dole out keep the next Dylan Roof from taking action?

Or is it just as likely that their "reactions" create the next one?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I don't know that it was largely "Competition". They had a Republican who was running loudly on "Zig" in a "Zag" district.

You don't have any choice but to put resources into the race when that is the case.
    Well you can say the same thing with Roy Moore. You can only run against the competition you have. Both of these guys you can say are not ideal GOP candidates and made these races too close.

But, it is what it is. Still both deep red and competitive

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I have yet to meet a believer who doesn't take some part of the Bible literally.
    "Part" being the operative word.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Well you can say the same thing with Roy Moore. You can only run against the competition you have. Both of these guys you can say are not ideal GOP candidates and made these races too close.

But, it is what it is. Still both deep red and competitive
    I'd tend to disagree.

Moore was in a competitive race because of who he was/is outside of politics.

In this race, we have a guy running on "Right To Work" when the guy he is running to replace had donations coming in from unions. That has a tendency to make a race competitive, no matter who your opponent is.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Ha, I'm glad they are winning. That's the point.
    I seriously doubt that "Antifa is winning" is anything but rhetoric designed to inflame the converted.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    I seriously doubt that "Antifa is winning" is anything but rhetoric designed to inflame the converted.
    You are probably right. Nazis are taking over the country, so...**** it.

BANNED

Richard Spencer is a butthurt scaredy cat

he convinced himself that the "oppressed white masses" would rise up and join his crusade

they can't be bothered to get out of their basements or off their scooters