Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Especially since "reverse racism" isn't a thing.
    Well, I could call the situation just plain racism, but anyone reading would assume I meant someone white, so that won't work.

Was trying to explain to a friend why even if someone disagrees with kaepirnick having taken a knee, one cannot call him unpatriotic.

Then I remembered this video and it helped my point. He exercised his full rights guaranteed by the country.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Didn't even know this existed -- gotta check it out just to hear Raph smack talk everybody he fights -- especially Leo.
    Mikey has some good ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Or it could have been just Deadshot being rebellious against Flagg.

I'm sure there's examples of of "reverse race-baiting" in some movies but I think you're reading something into the film that just isn't there. Using your logic scenes where Batman/Bruce Wayne challenges Amanda Waller he was being racist and sexist, right?
    The logic I stated applies to situations where a person of one race is made ridiculously subservient to one from another race. Is either Batman or Waller subservient to the other one?

I could have bought some back-and-forth between Flag and Deadshot in the film, regardless of their races. But when the guy with his finger on the explosive trigger knows that one guy on his team may undermine his authority to the point that the other members won't play along, the former has no good reason not to press the trigger.

In the comics, Deadshot usually backs down from Flag's threats.

In the movie, Deadshot doesn't back down because he knows the script won't let Deadshot be killed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    The logic I stated applies to situations where a person of one race is made ridiculously subservient to one from another race. Is either Batman or Waller subservient to the other one?

I could have bought some back-and-forth between Flag and Deadshot in the film, regardless of their races. But when the guy with his finger on the explosive trigger knows that one guy on his team may undermine his authority to the point that the other members won't play along, the former has no good reason not to press the trigger.

In the movie, Deadshot doesn't back down because he knows the script won't let Deadshot be killed.
    How was Flag made ridiculously subservient to Deadshot?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    LOL on Twitter there is now an argument about Aquaman not getting the same social hype as Black Panther.
    Its hard to hype something that doesn't have a trailer yet.

And DC STILL doesn't a plan going forwards other than "make Suicide Squad 2 and pray".

Aquaman isn't part of the plan because there is no plan.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    How was Flag made ridiculously subservient to Deadshot?
    By Flag not acting as he should have, in order to keep control of his charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

And DC STILL doesn't a plan going forwards other than "make Suicide Squad 2 and pray".

Speaking of DC not having a plan, I think it would be wise to at least either let Snyder go or reduce his influence drastically. I fear Justice League underperforming might give him the leverage to hold on longer though.

Ah and Bay might be directing a Lobo movie for Warner Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Speaking of DC not having a plan, I think it would be wise to at least either let Snyder go or reduce his influence drastically. I fear Justice League underperforming might give him the leverage to hold on longer though.

They've already reduced his influence. Not that he had much of it to begin with.

Invincible Member

Flagg is not ridiculously subservient to Deadshot though.

Invincible Member

By Flag not acting as he should have, in order to keep control of his charges.
    Because as you stated Deadshot is the co-star of the movie. That doesn't equal racism.

Ya'll have got to stop trying to get the last word in with someone whose fundamental thinking is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So did no one tell Priest about the Cyborg thing or is this editorial?
    Idk but there is definitely some mix signals.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I thought the hoteps would be out in force to see black panther.
    White people created Black Panther, the money is going into a white studio, so no they do not support the movie. They want us to instead build our own Wakanda with our movie ticket money.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    LOL on Twitter there is now an argument about Aquaman not getting the same social hype as Black Panther.
    And that's exactly what I meant when I said nbpoc, the old comments of "people only care if it's black or white" or Aquaman is not going to get much support/is not getting this much support etc.

And when you talk about how they should invest time promoting the movie instead of being upset the focus is on Black Panther which is coming out in a few days they then state they don't have the numbers like black people do. I laughed when someone's response to that was "then get to f***ing".

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

I'm not even mad about this, I have no problem with how Bay does his movies, I like all the explosions and it fits with Lobo I guess, but a Lobo movie that wasn't even a part of the new list of movies DC was focusing on is more ahead of anything with Cyborg.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

I was working at Warner Bros when this stuff was on the drawing board -- I think the WB head, Kevin Tsujihara, wants to make it happen, but the studio is just tone deaf on how best to utilize their properties cinematically.

Wonder Woman was a step in the right direction though, so here's hoping they can build on that and start expanding beyond just the Justice League.

If Marvel can make money off of characters like Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, then there's no reason why DC couldn't potentially do the same with Cassandra Cain or Static, or even characters like Death from the Vertigo books.

Personally, as a fan of the Constatine movie, I'd like to see them give that a sequel -- I might even be open to seeing Keeanu come back.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-08-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I'm not even mad about this, I have no problem with how Bay does his movies, I like all the explosions and it fits with Lobo I guess, but a Lobo movie that wasn't even a part of the new list of movies DC was focusing on is more ahead of anything with Cyborg.
    Agreed about Bay and a Lobo movie (no problem with Bay either + always wanted to see Lobo on the big screen), but can we all just admit DC is just giving lip service about a Cyborg movie at this point? What's next, an Ambush Bug movie ahead of Cyborg?

BTW this.....is awesome