Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Agreed about Bay and a Lobo movie (no problem with Bay either + always wanted to see Lobo on the big screen), but can we all just admit DC is just giving lip service about a Cyborg movie at this point? What's next, an Ambush Bug movie ahead of Cyborg?
    I don't think anybody truly believe them ...unless they don't know DC's treament of Cyborg outside of animation.

It is astonishing how it seems they're avoiding even talks to get something off the ground tho.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-08-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Static is better than Cyborg.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Static is better than Cyborg.
    Static has the whole animated series to lean on -- I think he's gonna be featured in Young Justice 3 as well, but don't quote me on that.

Gotta see it before I believe it with DC.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Agreed about Bay and a Lobo movie (no problem with Bay either + always wanted to see Lobo on the big screen), but can we all just admit DC is just giving lip service about a Cyborg movie at this point? What's next, an Ambush Bug movie ahead of Cyborg?
    I'd rather have a good Ambush Bug movie than a bad Cyborg flick.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I don't think anybody truly believe them ...unless they don't know DC's treament of Cyborg outside of animation.

It is astonishing how it seems they're avoiding even talks to get something off the ground tho.
    Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. If they were avoiding it, Vic's film never would have been optioned in the first place. What I find astonishing is that they can't seem to get his comic together. It doesn't take 50 mil to make a funny book.

Ultimate Member

"SDCC 2017: Early Details And Art From Young Justice Season 3"

"Every season of Young Justice takes place in a separate time and uses a different cast of characters. Season 3’s team will include Static, Kid Flash, Robin, Wonder Girl, Spoiler, Blue Beetle, Thirteen, Arrowette, Arsenal and Beast Boy (seen left to right in the image above). Thirteen was described by Weisman as an entirely new character, though we wouldn’t be shocked if she was inspired by an existing one. As for Arrowette, she appeared in Season 2 as “that little girl who watched Green Arrow and Artemis save her father’s life,” and became inspired to become a heroine herself, specifically an arrow-using one."

https://www.toonzone.net/sdcc-2017-e...tice-season-3/

"Marvel: 10 Years in the Making"

https://i.imgur.com/wsthLFC.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...in_the_making/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-09-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Speaking of the Aquaman movie, have the race-bending mouth breathers ever came for Mamoa like they did Mke Jordan.
    I mean Arthur Curry looks a whole like different now than he did in as a blonde blue-eye in the Superfriends and the Nick Cardy covers in his own book back in the day. Jussayin'
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

So I guess I'm gonna ride the crazy effin' Fandango train and get advanced BP tickets today for next Friday (booo!). It's an IMAX theater, kinda torn though, I wanna see it with my folks at least once but same time I don't wanna get shut out of a packed theater. Maybe on the second go round.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

I got my advance tickets the day after they went on sale here, on the 14th or 15th of Jan

That Atlanta joke tho.

BANNED

EVO is 3days? I do wonder why MVC doesn't make it in..?

I have a feeling that was some petty/internal ish going on

not that I care, Ireally only watch for Street Fighter

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Speaking of the Aquaman movie, have the race-bending mouth breathers ever came for Mamoa like they did Mke Jordan.
    I mean Arthur Curry looks a whole like different now than he did in as a blonde blue-eye in the Superfriends and the Nick Cardy covers in his own book back in the day. Jussayin'
    NO.

It seems it's fine for Mamoa and in fact he and Gadot's heritage have been used to scream Justice League is diverse. Yeah if we talk actors only and the movie.

And Ed2962-your friend is acting up again. Bashing Panther (again) and now screaming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are SJW. A black April and 3 blacks doing voices will do that for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Because as you stated Deadshot is the co-star of the movie. That doesn't equal racism.
    Well, we as audience-members know that Will Smith is a co-star of the movie, and the biggest name-actor in the ensemble. We know that his character's not likely to die, and Smith the actor knows it because he's read the script.

Deadshot, the character in the movie, doesn't know he's in a movie, and has no reason to think that he can get away with making comments like "errand boy" without getting his head blown off.

Ostrander wrote his SQUAD characters in such a way that though they frequently test their "masters." they're never blind to the fact that they could be killed for insubordination. But Smithshot insults Flag and Flag just takes it. There's no story-logic to Flag's weakness; the filmmakers put him in this subservient position because it's become de rigeur to let fictional black characters dump on white ones. It's "safe" humor, whereas anything close to the reverse calls forth all sorts of acrimony from both POC and non-POC.

Want proof? Search this thread for reactions to the "janitor" joke in FORCE AWAKENS.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Well, we as audience-members know that Will Smith is a co-star of the movie, and the biggest name-actor in the ensemble. We know that his character's not likely to die, and Smith the actor knows it because he's read the script.

Deadshot, the character in the movie, doesn't know he's in a movie, and has no reason to think that he can get away with making comments like "errand boy" without getting his head blown off.

Ostrander wrote his SQUAD characters in such a way that though they frequently test their "masters." they're never blind to the fact that they could be killed for insubordination. But Smithshot insults Flag and Flag just takes it. There's no story-logic to Flag's weakness; the filmmakers put him in this subservient position because it's become de rigeur to let fictional black characters dump on white ones. It's "safe" humor, whereas anything close to the reverse calls forth all sorts of acrimony from both POC and non-POC.

Want proof? Search this thread for reactions to the "janitor" joke in FORCE AWAKENS.
    There's all kinds of logic problems with SS but again, Smith smarting off to Flagg does not equal Flagg's character being subservient to Deadshot. Now let's say Smith was calling him "cracker" and "h*nky" throughout and the movie seemed to justify his behavior maybe you'd have a case for black on white racism. Although, keep in mind there's some people who feel SS had some subtle stereotyping of minorities among other things.

I remember when Force Awakens was released and the reactions here. While Finn being a janitor came up, it was actually low on the list of problems folks here had with his character. But even if the reverse were true, it still wouldn't prove the case of reverse racism in the SS movie.
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-09-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO.

It seems it's fine for Mamoa and in fact he and Gadot's heritage have been used to scream Justice League is diverse. Yeah if we talk actors only and the movie.

And Ed2962-your friend is acting up again. Bashing Panther (again) and now screaming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are SJW. A black April and 3 blacks doing voices will do that for ya.
    I asked him why for all his bashing of Marvel/DC minority properties he doesn't promote black owned characters by other creators.
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-09-2018 at 07:10 PM. Reason: clarity