Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

I find that weird. It's explained both in New 52 and even rebirth that Diana was born with her borns from Zeus. But I guess that also has to deal with the fact her mother is the Queen of the Amazons also. Instead of going to Zeus. Why not have Diana train her to awaken her demi-god powers? I mean why have her go to Zeus when she already has the powers.

Tbh, I think it would be best for Cassie and other Amazons to use non lasso weapons to diversify the Wonder family combat methods.

Cassie can have a pair of gauntlets and greaves that channel electricity and boost her attack damage.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-27-2018 at 04:38 AM.

I liked demi-goddess Cassie's unique twist on the lasso. It wasn't a mystical relic. It was an aspect of her powers. The FIRST thing she did as a demi-goddess was using her powers to redesign her clothes. That process also created a new lasso literally out of thin air with powers that never got fully explored. She once wrapped it around Lycus and told him to "go to hell".... apparently he actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I understand, I just love D.C. for the architecture being reminiscent of Themyscira and as a callback to past WW comics. She's a political force so to me it makes sense she'd go to the seat of power.
    I totally understand and there's a precedent for her being in D.C. I guess I'm just imagining something new for her that reflects her character in a different way, while still remaining political, but not necessarily real-world military-political like she was in D.C. Pre-Crisis. (And I'm not suggesting that's what you're thinking or wanting either.)

I like ARGUS as Wonder "thing," like Superman has StarLABS/Cadmus, because of it's quasi-espionage-military-ish purpose in a metahuman, magical, extraterrestrial, etc. world. To me it's a great setting for Steve and Etta and provides lots of places for Diana to go in terms of stories - science fiction, magic, technology, and of course mythic - with it's Red Room, Black Room, and Circus and probably other facilities and rooms we've never heard of yet.

For some reason, a fictional city would reflect her character, her DC-ish-ness, and stature as an comic icon to me. She deserves those trappings and I wanna see it as a location that's a hub or springboard for her supporting characters, Wonder concepts, villains, and her adventures. (Obviously not everything has to emanate from there, but I think it would help, like Gotham and Metropolis do for their heroes and supporting characters.)

I finally settled on the city I'd create for Diana after some thought and a little bit of research. Now all I need is a job at DC as an editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yeah it was in Rucka's Bronze Doors story arc.

I want the lightning lasso back too, it was somehow better than the barbwire one.
    Ah, thank you for reminding/confirming.

Yes to Cassie's lightning lasso and a no to the barb wire one for me.

I prefer Superwoman of Earth 3 to have the barb wire version of the lasso. Kind of fits the Lasso of Submission.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I liked demi-goddess Cassie's unique twist on the lasso. It wasn't a mystical relic. It was an aspect of her powers. The FIRST thing she did as a demi-goddess was using her powers to redesign her clothes. That process also created a new lasso literally out of thin air with powers that never got fully explored. She once wrapped it around Lycus and told him to "go to hell".... apparently he actually did.
    I completely forgot that, until you mentioned it. I liked the Lasso of Lightning aspect a lot as it was a good play on her paternity from Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I find that weird. It's explained both in New 52 and even rebirth that Diana was born with her borns from Zeus. But I guess that also has to deal with the fact her mother is the Queen of the Amazons also. Instead of going to Zeus. Why not have Diana train her to awaken her demi-god powers? I mean why have her go to Zeus when she already has the powers.
    Are you talking about Cassie? Because you're mentioning Diana and we haven't seen Cassie in the regular Rebirth timeline yet. Only a future version of Cassie I guess (which I didn't read, but other posters have mentioned.)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Tbh, I think it would be best for Cassie and other Amazons to use non lasso weapons to diversify the Wonder family combat methods.

Cassie can have a pair of gauntlets and greaves that channel electricity and boost her attack damage.
    In my "Wonder Thing" I'm writing Agent Z, that lays out Diana's and the Wonder continuity as I'd like to see it, I'm toying with Cassie using only magical artifacts for her superpowers versus being a demigod child of Zeus. So I'm down with your idea.

Besides...the Wonder armory has picked up considerably over the years. Somewhere and sometime in continuity we have the Girdle of Antiope; the Lasso of Truth (formerly the Girdle of Hippolyta); the Sword of Hephaestus; the Gauntlets of Atlas; Sandals of Hermes; Diana's Aegis of Zeus of bracers; all the other bracers of the Amazons, probably made from Amazonium; Jason has "Polly" the Spear and his Olympian Ultra Boy Armor; Achilles Warkiller had the Virgin Spear of Athena (what is up with the Wonder guys and their spears?); Donna had her old lasso from Pre-C days, that I think was made of Promethium from STARLabs or something, and then had the Lasso of Persuasion; Donna had a bunch of other Titan's weapons like a mystic net and forcefield bracers and cosmic maps that came with her Troia armor; Cassie used the Lasso of Lightning (that marhawkman cites was supposed to have additional powers too, that they never got around too); Artemis is running around with the Bow of Ra in Rebirth; Superwoman over on Earth 3 (may she rest in discord) had the Lasso of Submission; and I suppose you could count Heracles Nemean Lion Skin costume if you wanted.

The Amazon armory is getting full. I kind of want to write a story about a time-hopping, multiverse-jumping Wonder foe who goes around to collect all these weapons from different whens and wheres.

(Aside: Personally, if I were Rebirthing Donna, back to the old Donna that I know and love, I'd bestow her with a magical, indestructible bo-staff that can become any length she chooses (within a certain span limit) or separates to become two staves so she can do her thing escrima stick style. I've had this idea for years as I recall several scenes of Donna and Kory training with bo-staffs way back in New Teen Titans. Always with the bo fighting, those two.) lol
    Last edited by WonderScott; 06-27-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Cassie used the Lasso of Lightning (that marhawkman cites was supposed to have additional powers too, that they never got around to
    You misunderstood. Ares gave her a lasso that channeled Zeus's lighting. But she apparently discarded it along with the superpowers Ares gave her. It's not 100% clear though since it's not elaborated on. Her new lasso she apparently created could electrocute things, but apparently wasn't the actual lasso Ares gave her since the one Ares gave her was cursed to make her angry every time she used it.

It's not really clear if that lasso was even a physical object or purely a magical construct. It's still a "lasso of lightning" though.

Fun fact: Black Alice once copied it!
    Last edited by marhawkman; 06-27-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    You misunderstood. Ares gave her a lasso that channeled Zeus's lighting. But she apparently discarded it along with the superpowers Ares gave her. It's not 100% clear though since it's not elaborated on. Her new lasso she apparently created could electrocute things, but apparently wasn't the actual lasso Ares gave her since the one Ares gave her was cursed to make her angry every time she used it.

It's not really clear if that lasso was even a physical object or purely a magical construct. It's still a "lasso of lightning" though.

Fun fact: Black Alice once copied it!
    Ah, thank you marhawkman for clearing it up. (It's sad that I’ve read all of this and can’t remember all the details anymore.) If they ever have a superheroes Jeopardy (which SyFy should totally do) I’ll never win.

That Black Alice is a wily one. I kind of miss having her around.

Yeah Black Alice was fighting Huntress and Black Canary... She borrows powers from someone and whips out Cassie's lighting lasso!

Honestly its kinda weird how they changed Wonder Womans origin to Cassies yet have made the two characters less involved with one another than ever.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I’m sorry if this has already been listed in this thread...
    What are some recommended reads for someone wanting to learn more about Cassie?
    I’ve always preferred Donna has “my” Wonder Girl, but I’ve also never read much about Cassie to begin with. My only experience with her character is the Young Justice cartoon and a few Teen Titans runs she’s been a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I’m sorry if this has already been listed in this thread...
    What are some recommended reads for someone wanting to learn more about Cassie?
    I’ve always preferred Donna has “my” Wonder Girl, but I’ve also never read much about Cassie to begin with. My only experience with her character is the Young Justice cartoon and a few Teen Titans runs she’s been a part of.
    The first eight issues she appeared in which I think started in issue 100 of the post crisis era were pretty good

Then you have the young justice comic that the cartoon was based on which was honestly a treasure https://comicvine.gamespot.com/young-justice/4050-9420/

and then you have her mini series which set her up as the one who deals with mythological stuff all the time https://comicvine.gamespot.com/wonder-girl/4050-19135/

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    The first eight issues she appeared in which I think started in issue 100 of the post crisis era were pretty good

Then you have the young justice comic that the cartoon was based on which was honestly a treasure https://comicvine.gamespot.com/young-justice/4050-9420/

and then you have her mini series which set her up as the one who deals with mythological stuff all the time https://comicvine.gamespot.com/wonder-girl/4050-19135/
    These are great.

She also showed up in the Jimenez run (with Donna) and Rucka's first run had a story or Diana and Cassie heading into Hades for a bit. I'd check those out too if you want to see some of the later sister-y and mentor-y aspects of Diana and Cassie together.

I hope when they Rebirth Cassie or post-Doomsday Clock her, we get back to her original origin and have Diana's change back to being formed from clay. It was a bit simpler than the DCnU version and obviously related to Wonder Woman instead of Trigon.