Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why? I think outside of Jean, Sinister is the one that would NOT want Maddie back the most. She always hated him the worst and most of her revenge exposition in the past has been aimed at destroying him. He tricked the Council into sending the Hellions to take care of her for him bc he knows he'd be dead if he faced her himself. I dont see him wanting to have her on Krakoa because she is his biggest threat
    maybe his love for science and "turn a new leaf"
    He gets to seem compassionate and inovative and gets to experiment his chimera work on someone other than himself on his "creation", he can easly input a safe switch or assure she can't reach him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    maybe his love for science and "turn a new leaf"
    He gets to seem compassionate and inovative and gets to experiment his chimera work on someone other than himself on his "creation", he can easly input a safe switch or assure she can't reach him.
    I dont know. She has knowledge of sorcery and access to demonic magic that trumps his science. Seems like too big of a risk. He doesnt need Maddie to do his chimera experiments. He's already doing that on the side

FB_IMG_1600372019135.jpg5
    The Maddie we could have had.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Ultimate Member

Almost wish that some mutants would start an anti Krakoa faction, a group that doesn't want to have to obey the council, seeing it as corrupt or something along those lines, with Maddy being back but not insane, no matter how much Scott and the others would claim that she was...

Was or is bc she was pretty evil this arc, plotting a demonic genocide for Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I wonder why the Frostitutes get Krakoan resurrection passes when they are emphatically clones of Emma?
    The Cuckoos aren't clones. Technically they're Emma's daughters made from her stolen ova. While the resurrection protocols haven't been totally described & they'll probs have retcons with it, it's only being used to resurrect/clone mutants who were actually naturally born. Which is probs why, at least to my knowledge, we haven't seen a clone of Joseph running around.

I'd love to see Maddy back but the council laws would view her as a clone of a clone. I hated that they wrote her as crazy demon angry ex again, but at the same time these few issues & her new death felt better than her Sisterhood appearance. Plus, while Xavier has been keeping psyche copies apparently of all his students/X-men for years, & now villains, would he have one of Maddie?

Charles knew her as human Maddie, it would be odd if he copied her psyche to cerebro. Unless they retcon it as he did it secretly back when she was happily married to Scott as a precautions in case something happened to her?

So while probs 50% of the island are probs all clones/regrown bodies they belonged to original people. It would be interesting to see if Hellions or one of the other books goes into bio-ethics,cloning & death but with XoS happening & lord knows what other super cross events Hickman's got planned I doubt the books have the quality to do such a thing.

If they resurrected her, what memories would Xavier choose to give her? Apparently resurrected mutants aren't given the memory of how they died due to trauma issues. The happier times with Scott? Or would he have to include everything that led up to Inferno even though Xavier wasn't around for that.

I mean, if they gave her just the happy days, she'd probs still think she was married to Scott. They give her Inferno or everything else after that & they'd have to do some serious therapy with her. Possibly put her in that underground stasis where the most unstable mutants go.
    Last edited by Alexi; 09-18-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    The Cuckoos aren't clones. Technically they're Emma's daughters made from her stolen ova. While the resurrection protocols haven't been totally described & they'll probs have retcons with it, it's only being used to resurrect/clone mutants who were actually naturally born. Which is probs why, at least to my knowledge, we haven't seen a clone of Joseph running around.

I'd love to see Maddy back but the council laws would view her as a clone of a clone. I hated that they wrote her as crazy demon angry ex again, but at the same time these few issues & her new death felt better than her Sisterhood appearance. Plus, while Xavier has been keeping psyche copies apparently of all his students/X-men for years, & now villains, would he have one of Maddie?

Charles knew her as human Maddie, it would be odd if he copied her psyche to cerebro. Unless they retcon it as he did it secretly back when she was happily married to Scott as a precautions in case something happened to her?

So while probs 50% of the island are probs all clones/regrown bodies they belonged to original people. It would be interesting to see if Hellions or one of the other books goes into bio-ethics,cloning & death but with XoS happening & lord knows what other super cross events Hickman's got planned I doubt the books have the quality to do such a thing.

If they resurrected her, what memories would Xavier choose to give her? Apparently resurrected mutants aren't given the memory of how they died due to trauma issues. The happier times with Scott? Or would he have to include everything that led up to Inferno even though Xavier wasn't around for that.

I mean, if they gave her just the happy days, she'd probs still think she was married to Scott. They give her Inferno or everything else after that & they'd have to do some serious therapy with her. Possibly put her in that underground stasis where the most unstable mutants go.
    The cuckoos are clones; not of Emma, but of each other. Essentially a set of identical quintuplets

Mutants arent given memories of their deaths bc those dont exist. Its not about trauma, although that would make sense. The back up only occurs once a week and the only way that there would be a backup of the death is it happened as the mutant is dying which is highly unlikely

Even if Xavier didnt have a backup of Maddie herself, he should have them anyway as all of her memories went to Jean in Inferno. That would be messy though as Im not sure he'd be able to seperate the memories from that time period. It may be easy enough when Jean was dead but there are two sets of overlapping once she came back till Inferno

If they say they can't resurrect maddie because she's not real. If the cable dies, they may consider the cable to be unreal. And he could use this argument of missing his mother

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    If they say they can't resurrect maddie because she's not real. If the cable dies, they may consider the cable to be unreal. And he could use this argument of missing his mother
    He already lives with his mother. He doesnt know Maddie, therefore he cant exactly miss her

Extraordinary Member

Maddie and Zaladane should team up

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why would Storm and Mystique abstain
    I could see Storm not voting against life or for death, on general principles, and I could see Mystique wanting to keep her powder dry and not out herself as wanting to resurrect someone who wants to burn Krakoa to the ground (which seems increasingly like something she'd provide the matches for...), and just sidestepping the whole thing (making all the 'good guys' vote to leave her dead and rotting, while 'evil Mystique' keep her hands clean and leaves them in a moral quagmire of their own making).

But that's just my random thoughts. I have no idea what Glio's opinions are. Just that the votes they chose can be rationalized easily enough.

Why do you think that Storm and Mystique *wouldn't* abstain? I could see Storm taking a harder stance and voting to let Maddy stay dead, and Mystique going either way, but don't find this set of opinions particularly controversial.

And yes to any speculation that this does not seem like the end of Madelyne's story.

It seems like a gun on the coffee table, and this is just the first act.

Come the third act, someone's gonna get shot...

All-New Member

[QUOTE=seccruz;5149855]FB_IMG_1600372019135.jpg5
    The Maddie we could have had.[/QUOTE

Molly Dodd!?!!!? Seriously I think I love you

BANNED

I think this may have been done to reintroduce Maddy properly. The second Sisterhood storyline out her in a body that was genetically and magically modified to resemble Jean Grey.

I think for Maddie to fully utilize her powers she needs another Jean Grey clone. She easily could have killed the Marauders. She let them kill In because she wanted to to make her a new Jean clone body. The Quiet Council voted no.

But she likely expected them to vote no given her poor history with them.

When she healed Havoc’s face she may have subtly possesses him. I can see her using Havok to get close to the 5 to make them
    make a new Jean clone. Then she inhabits it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont know. She has knowledge of sorcery and access to demonic magic that trumps his science. Seems like too big of a risk. He doesnt need Maddie to do his chimera experiments. He's already doing that on the side
    Mr. Sinister is much smarter and much more dangerous than she is. There's no guarantee that she could even kill him. Their confrontation in Inferno might not have ended up so well for her if she and N'Astirh attacked instead of kidnapping baby Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Maddie and Zaladane should team up
    YES! Also, bring back Zaladane!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah