Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

[QUOTE=mykle1616;5162803]
    Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Attachment 1007315
    The Maddie we could have had.[/QUOTE

Molly Dodd!?!!!? Seriously I think I love you
    Not my art, mind you. I just really loved this what could have been!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Just have her reassured as Jan Terri singing Get Down Goblin
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Well I know that I am late to the party but just read Hellions and honestly I am dissapointed. I miss Age of Apocalypse era Maddie who actually was more like anti-hero than straight up villain (she saved Jean's life ffs), instead we got full crazy demonic villain. Even in her last appearance she was pretty sane, walking away from X-men instead of fighting them. I wouldn't mind this so much if we got some kind of explanation (for example psychic feedback from Cable's death or something like that) that could push her over the edge. Not to mention dying from gunshot like that feels cheap, I understand she was distracted by Alex but come on, she is a powerfull telepath, should sense someone coming from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Glavene View Post
    Well I know that I am late to the party but just read Hellions and honestly I am dissapointed. I miss Age of Apocalypse era Maddie who actually was more like anti-hero than straight up villain (she saved Jean's life ffs), instead we got full crazy demonic villain. Even in her last appearance she was pretty sane, walking away from X-men instead of fighting them. I wouldn't mind this so much if we got some kind of explanation (for example psychic feedback from Cable's death or something like that) that could push her over the edge. Not to mention dying from gunshot like that feels cheap, I understand she was distracted by Alex but come on, she is a powerfull telepath, should sense someone coming from behind.
    I agree with you, everybody keeps praising Hellions writing but the moment I saw Maddie characterized as a deranged stereotypical villain I knew it was gonna end on the lame side.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Mr. Sinister is much smarter and much more dangerous than she is. There's no guarantee that she could even kill him. Their confrontation in Inferno might not have ended up so well for her if she and N'Astirh attacked instead of kidnapping baby Nathan.
    Sinister tried imprisioning Maddie during Inferno. Maddie wasn’t just using her mutant powers and magic, she had part of the Phoenix.

It amazes me when male fans feel the need to depowee female characters and ignore what’s on page.

Oh, if Sinister was so smart and dangerous why didn’t he confront Madeline himself. Had Greycriw not killed her she was going to summon a demon horde that would have shredded Sinister.

Magik cut Sinister’s head off before too. He has no real defense against magic and in recent years Sinister has died way more times than Maddy. Mystique even killed Sinister. So have the Inhumans. So have the Neo. He got killed In Rosenberg’s run just before House of X.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

"When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.” -- F. Nietzsche

I've often wondered if Madelyne's penchant for evil was truly her own, or the result of the Phoenix Force tainting her in the same way that it tainted its otherwise perfect facsimile of Jean, which ultimately became Dark Phoenix. And I've also wondered if the PF can truly influence someone without also becoming influenced by them. If the PF imparted a fragment in Madelyne, I wonder if a fragment of Madelyne also exists within the Phoenix Force? Yes, I know that Jean received the Phoenix fragment from Madelyne, but I wonder is it possible that the Phoenix Force harbors a "Madelyne fragment", so to speak? After all, you can't touch someone without also being touched in return. I imagine it's possible that the PF retains a veritable trove of all of the essences of its hosts, no matter how tangential.

No point in dwelling on it, I guess. If they're hellbent on getting rid of most of the clones, so be it.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    "When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.” -- F. Nietzsche

I've often wondered if Madelyne's penchant for evil was truly her own, or the result of the Phoenix Force tainting her in the same way that it tainted its otherwise perfect facsimile of Jean, which ultimately became Dark Phoenix. And I've also wondered if the PF can truly influence someone without also becoming influenced by them. If the PF imparted a fragment in Madelyne, I wonder if a fragment of Madelyne also exists within the Phoenix Force? Yes, I know that Jean received the Phoenix fragment from Madelyne, but I wonder is it possible that the Phoenix Force harbors a "Madelyne fragment", so to speak? After all, you can't touch someone without also being touched in return. I imagine it's possible that the PF retains a veritable trove of all of the essences of its hosts, no matter how tangential.

No point in dwelling on it, I guess. If they're hellbent on getting rid of most of the clones, so be it.
    It was partially because the Phoenix fragment within her was titled towards Dark Phoenix!

It seems like everyone goes into the white hair room to reborn, not just Phoenix hosts so yes a Maddie fragment would be there.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It was partially because the Phoenix fragment within her was titled towards Dark Phoenix!

It seems like everyone goes into the white hair room to reborn, not just Phoenix hosts so yes a Maddie fragment would be there.
    Let's not forget Sinny's secret clone farm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Let's not forget Sinny's secret clone farm.
    Meaning someone is going to make a new Jean clone body and Madeline is going to move into it. The fact that Sinister’s secret clone farm was so immediately introduced let’s you know the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Meaning someone is going to make a new Jean clone body and Madeline is going to move into it. The fact that Sinister’s secret clone farm was so immediately introduced let’s you know the plan.
    ok but I have to ask : what's the point in coming back only to once again act like a deranged psycho and be killed like some rabid animal with hardly any character giving a **** about it?.......... she better get a brain next time!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    ok but I have to ask : what's the point in coming back only to once again act like a deranged psycho and be killed like some rabid animal with hardly any character giving a **** about it?.......... she better get a brain next time!
    To erase the last Sisterhood storyline which brought her back in the back in the modified body of Ana Cortez. This was a crappy resurrection. So I think she was deliberately brought back to be killed off so she could get a new Jean clone body.

A big part of her character is that she is Jean’s clone and the issues frik
    That.

Astonishing Member

With all those Essex clones, I highly doubt we don't have another Madelyne on ice.Alternatively she hacked Havoc's mind , he may be a male Mystique on Krakoa ,the only difference is Mystique is cognizant ,while he may be a puppet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    With all those Essex clones, I highly doubt we don't have another Madelyne on ice.Alternatively she hacked Havoc's mind , he may be a male Mystique on Krakoa ,the only difference is Mystique is cognizant ,while he may be a puppet.
    Being that they killed her now Madeline has a real reason to go after Krakoa. I think she likely used Havok to go Krakoa too. Emma scanned the minds of the Hellions traumatized by the event. She did not scan Havok.

That’s a huge hint.

Plus a major villain is never that easily beaten.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I agree with you, everybody keeps praising Hellions writing but the moment I saw Maddie characterized as a deranged stereotypical villain I knew it was gonna end on the lame side.
    Don't give up yet. There isn't a Hellions character that is acting rationally right now (though some say Sinister's behavior is consistent with a new iteration, Alex is off, Maddy was off, to me Sinister is off as is Wildchild. Therefore something in the milk isn't right, I am thinking when that something is discovered we might get an uninverted Alex and a Maddy that is closer to her Outback Uncanny version and less like the raving lunatic Simonson X-Factor version also on the team. I think the initial arc had to be ended quickly for the X of Swords event but I have no doubt it will be revisited quite soon. I don't buy the Maddy hacking/controlling Alex theory, I prefer she restored a measure of the true Alex and he will now (in a very anti-hero sort of way since he isn't completed uninverted yet) move heaven and earth to get Maddy brought back via whatever form of manipulation necessary. Putting the team at odds with some of the main power brokers of Krakoa.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 10-27-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Incredible Member

here's hoping Maddie and Mystique wreck Krakoa
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3