Page 97 of 177 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2641
    Astonishing Member

Tai Pham being brought over is something I'd like, since I'd rather he not get lost in the "out-of-continuity" shuffle of things. I know main universe limboing characters is a thing, but even with that in mind, Tai's prospects feel better in-continuity than out, just like Miles Morales is better off in 616 Marvel.

I like Tai but I feel like now more than ever he'd probably get caught up too much in the mix of other Earth Lanterns, especially with Teen Lantern becoming more prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Tai but I feel like now more than ever he'd probably get caught up too much in the mix of other Earth Lanterns, especially with Teen Lantern becoming more prominent.
    Seriously, DC basically dropped Simon for a while because there was nowhere for him to go. There’s room for four GLs at most in the mainline, any more and you’re going to go stretches where some get nothing. Kyle, Guy, and Hal are in that spot right now, the focus is on John, Jo, Keli, and maybe Simon. Jess is swapping ring colors just like Guy did because at least being a Yellow/Red offers something different.

I hope there’s a GLC book coming so that GL can focus more on John and maybe one of the others.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I would settle for a GLC back up if an ongoing is impossible. The GL franchise needs to go back to a place where they can support multiple ongoings.

This hand off could have been a lot more elegant. I can buy Hal 'retiring' or staying on earth after all the cosmic madness he's been through after his resurrection thus allowing John to come to the fore, Guy and Kyle could have retired or went off into different Corps thus opening spots for Jessica, Simon and Jo to be introduced with Teen Lantern as the wild card. Having all of them co-exist just creates a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As of August, Future State Green Lantern is set in the past. We know because Jessica's story has a sequel in an annual. So expect John to be in his Future State look soon!
    I don't know about that. Because Future State took 30 years afterwards. I don't expect John to have that kind of look already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I don't know about that. Because Future State took 30 years afterwards. I don't expect John to have that kind of look already.
    I actually don’t know if John will have that look at all to be frank. I find it hard to believe we’re going to get a book called “Green Lantern” following John where he’s not Green Lantern for years. I assume things have to play out differently from FS.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

My thoughts have been that the market simply isn’t big enough for all the earth lanterns; but if they were:

Alan - retired/supporting character. Maybe flashbacks and or doing cold cases. If needs be finagle a desk job on Oa
    Hal - dead, risen again as the Black Lantern to deal with the weird cosmic horror stuff
    Guy - retired and running the Warriors as the social hub of DC
    John - The space superhero and the GLC’s trouble shooter/JL
    Kyle - White Lantern, deals with the rainbow corps stuff and the trippy cosmic stuff
    Simon - 2814 sector heroes
    Jess - 2814 sector heroes
    Keli - Young Justice
    Tai - Teen Titans
    Jo - space detective

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I actually don’t know if John will have that look at all to be frank. I find it hard to believe we’re going to get a book called “Green Lantern” following John where he’s not Green Lantern for years. I assume things have to play out differently from FS.
    Yea, that's true. I'm more than sure it's going to play out differently, considering Redjack mentioning that Orion is not involved in this current event like he was in Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    My thoughts have been that the market simply isn’t big enough for all the earth lanterns; but if they were:

Alan - retired/supporting character. Maybe flashbacks and or doing cold cases. If needs be finagle a desk job on Oa
    Hal - dead, risen again as the Black Lantern to deal with the weird cosmic horror stuff
    Kyle - White Lantern, deals with the rainbow corps stuff and the trippy cosmic stuff
    Keli - Young Justice
    Tai - Teen Titans
    Jo - space detective
    Reminds me of the Spectre/Future's End.

So how about that GL precinct idea? The GL's have a base, either on earth or in space where all the human GL's along with some alien ones gather together and you'll have a character act like a watch sergeant and assign them on missions. Some will go into deep space for missions while other go for earth bound missions. Play it like cop procedural but set in space.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Green Lantern #5 solicitation;

story by GEOFFREY THORNE
    art by TOM RANEY & MARCO SANTUCCI
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    ON SALE 8/3/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant by JULIET NNEKA Price US $5.99
    Suicide Squad movie variant by FELIPE MASSAFERA

As Far Sector’s Jo Mullein begins to investigate the suspects most likely responsible for the destruction of the Green Lantern Corps, she winds up face-to-face with one of its greatest enemies—Sinestro. Was this the former Green Lantern’s plan all along? Did he destroy the Green Lantern’s Central Power Battery so his Sinestro Corps could take over the empty sectors of space? While Jo searches for answers, John Stewart attempts to fight his way out of the uncharted and unregulated dark sectors of space—with no ring to help protect or guide him. Searching for the other missing Lanterns, John realizes they may not all make it home.

Variant for the Annual

For those of you who haven't seen it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

Keli - Young Justice
    Tai - Teen Titans
    Jo - space detective
    if Hal were to die I think it'd work better if he became one with the Green light of Will and interacted with the universe as, what's effectively a green force ghost, like a Willpower entity. associating him with any other emotional spectrum aspect would always be rejected. the rest of this list, while it's not really how I'd place them (personally), I think they definitely could work.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    if Hal were to die I think it'd work better if he became one with the Green light of Will and interacted with the universe as, what's effectively a green force ghost, like a Willpower entity. associating him with any other emotional spectrum aspect would always be rejected. the rest of this list, while it's not really how I'd place them (personally), I think they definitely could work.
    I feel like that might fight Kyle more since he was the "last Lantern" for a time and then he became Ion.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Going back and having read the Future State Green Lantern issues, I'm thinking the main story with John was set in the 2035 but some of the back ups were set closer the present.

The Jessica story has her saying she's thinks it's been 11-13 months since she lost contact with the Corp and her powers. Time still seems a bit off we're jumping ahead that much by august, but we can say Jess has lost track of time being marooned in the GL Satellite. It's easily fudgeable. Though I still hope this Yellow Lantern phase doesn't last very long.

Likewise the Hal story ending him meeting Jo says "to be continued in 2021"

And the Keli/Mogo Story definitely doesn't seem like she's in her 20's if it was suppose to be 2035 according to the FS timeline.