• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm's Mind has been Chemically Tampered with not to mention completely caught unaware of what was going on. Her Electrical forces in her brain would not be active UNLESS Storm KNOWS their is TP among her. Storm can be TP if she is not aware or not paying attention.

In this scenario, Jean has no choice but to shut her brain down.
    Brainchild, Masque and others have all done it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Brainchild, Masque and others have all done it.
    Brainchild used a device keyed into Storm's genetics to get to her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Now, wait a minute. Storm has been scaled back over the last few years to only using her lightning. If she is written as Lightning Lass in this story and is channeling huge amounts of electricity through her body, Jean's TP has no shot. The fact that her brain has been altered or what have you should have no bearing on this fact. The truth of the matter is certain energies can be shaped to either jam telepathy (Magneto's power) or outright fry a telepath out of a person's mind (Storm).
    Storm's mind has been Chemically tampered with. YOU don't even know to what degree those Chemicals Cassandra created in that Vial. Jean's chance is to turn her brain off or stripe the chemical from here some way. Either way she's going into that mind.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

thought the issue was good. spoilers ahead....

regarding her resistance to tp storm was sleep when cassandra took her mind so im ok with this as her guard was down and she was in a completely vulnerable state. also something to note storm took down the sentinel with one bolt of lightning while it took the team time to get it under control. lastly her protecting wakanda with a storm hovering all of wakanda was awesome too. csnt wait to see how the xmen handle this.

#hadariyao
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    At the moment, it's not certain if Jean can even do that. Presumably, the handful of people in India are suffering the same malady as Ororo, and Jean couldn't put them to sleep like the rest of the mob. They're setting up Trinary to perhaps be able to fix it, but it's not something she can do quickly or easily (so not while Ororo is dropping a typhoon on them).

It makes me wonder if Storm being under Nova's sway is something that's going to go on for a couple issues.
    That could actually be it. I mean whatever this Chemical Cassandara used on Storm and the people of india makes it hard for Jeans TP. Whatever, "Unthinkable" they are talking about can be anything really......

BANNED

Storm's mind has been Chemically tampered with. YOU don't even know to what degree those Chemicals Cassandra created in that Vial. Jean's chance is to turn her brain off or stripe the chemical from here some way. Either way she's going into that mind.
    You still don't get what I'm saying. Regardless of the state of Ororo's mind, the electrical forces she controls should stop Jean unless Jean gets the drop on her. However, Jean ambushing Storm like that is null and void since Storm is aware of Jean's presence and know the telepathic threat Jean represents.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I knew Storm would be the foe. I cant wait to see her vs Jean. Should be interesting. Hope this quiets people that had complaints about her not being involved in Wakanda
    I agree. It's clear Storm was kept in mind with the premise of this story. It's very cute. I like it. And I shall now happily buy X-Red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Even Coates had her faint under mental attack. She recovered, but there was still an opening.
    This is very true. She shrugged it off pretty quickly, but it did temporarily affect her.

BANNED

At the moment, it's not certain if Jean can even do that. Presumably, the handful of people in India are suffering the same malady as Ororo, and Jean couldn't put them to sleep like the rest of the mob. They're setting up Trinary to perhaps be able to fix it, but it's not something she can do quickly or easily (so not while Ororo is dropping a typhoon on them).

It makes me wonder if Storm being under Nova's sway is something that's going to go on for a couple issues.
    This could be it. I have a feeling you may be right, and maybe what the solicitation for Issue 4 was referring to is Jean having to order Trinary to do something unthinkable to stop Ororo. However, in an open battle situation like this, I don't see how Trinary can do it based off what you said. Storm isn't going to just sit there while Trinary tries to work out how to fix her. Storm should win round one, knocking them from the sky. The team then goes in hiding until Trinary finds out how to fix Ororo. This is then followed by leading Storm into a trap ambush where Trinary can do her thing. I don't know, maybe something like that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

regarding her resistance to tp storm was sleep when cassandra took her mind so im ok with this as her guard was down and she was in a completely vulnerable state. also something to note storm took down the sentinel with one bolt of lightning while it took the team time to get it under control. lastly her protecting wakanda with a storm hovering all of wakanda was awesome too. csnt wait to see how the xmen handle this.

#hadariyao
    Bish, yes!!!! Proof on the X-side of things that what Coates is doing had been acknowledged. BLUE, The most POWERFUL woman in comics, and the most BEAUTIFUL woman in comics, The Bright Lady, Hadari Yao, Queen of Prophecy, The All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural Things, Weather Witch, Ororo Komo Wakandas, Windrider, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned in full effect. Hadari Yao be praised! Who is this writer?!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

#hadariyao
    All very good points. I'm willing to give this Storm story a try and see how it plays out. However, if Storm gets PIS'd, I'm gonna complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Storm became like a surrogate mother to Nehzno in World's Apart. I've been waiting to see their relationship fleshed out further.
    Same here!!

That could actually be it. I mean whatever this Chemical Cassandara used on Storm and the people of india makes it hard for Jeans TP. Whatever, "Unthinkable" they are talking about can be anything really......
    This could be it. I have a feeling you may be right, and maybe what the solicitation for Issue 4 was referring to is Jean having to order Trinary to do something unthinkable to stop Ororo. However, in an open battle situation like this, I don't see how Trinary can do it based off what you said. Storm isn't going to just sit there while Trinary tries to work out how to fix her. Storm should win round one, knocking them from the sky. The team then goes in hiding until Trinary finds out how to fix Ororo. This is then followed by leading Storm into a trap ambush where Trinary can do her thing. I don't know, maybe something like that...
    Also worth mentioning, we've known since before Red came out the team's base of operations was going to be around Atlantis. Both Wakanda and Atlantis offered Jean sanctuary per issue #2, and they went with Wakanda since they all like breathing air. But with Storm "protecting Wakanda" she may have flushed them out down to Namor's territory where they had to stay since she can't reach them as easily there.

BANNED

Dollars to donuts Storm will be written down to prop up Jean.
    Wait... Not to prop Cassie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    Wait... Not to prop Cassie?
    Cassie likely got Ororo when she was asleep as Kyss and others have pointed out. If a TP catches Storm with her guard down, they can be successful. Of course, given time, she can shake it off.

BANNED

Also worth mentioning, we've known since before Red came out the team's base of operations was going to be around Atlantis. Both Wakanda and Atlantis offered Jean sanctuary per issue #2, and they went with Wakanda since they all like breathing air. But with Storm "protecting Wakanda" she may have flushed them out down to Namor's territory where they had to stay since she can't reach them as easily there.
    You know something, Ann Nocenti, an X-editor during CC's initial run, wrote a novel where she said that Storm was powerful enough to part seas. I would love for Jean's team to run into Atlantis to get away from Ororo. Then, after figuring out what the Red team had done, Storm parts the oceans and uncovers Jean's team's hiding place. However, by that time, Trinary would have figured out a way to undo Cassie's whammy.