Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Create an X-Men What If

Like it says. Make your own "What If "(s) for the merry mutants. Feel free to come up with a full scenario for yourself or others What if's.

I'll start:

What if the O5 formed the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants with Magneto while the original Brotherhood became the X-Men?

What if instead of forming the X-Men, Charles Xavier became Black King of the Hellfire Club?

What if only females could be mutants?

What if mutants weren't discriminated, but mutates (all the other super-people) were?

What if Genosha was never destroyed by Cassandra Nova?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

My reactions to the above:

1) At least the team name will be more age-appropriate to the members, being the X-Men (and two teens).
    2) Have you been reading MarvelMaster616's fanfics?
    3) Rather than A-Force it would be X-Force. And there would be no Cable to originate the team name anyhow.
    4) What a twist! maybe the reasoning would be that mutates were "not natural."
    5) Then the "age of humiliation" that would be the foundation for the revanchist mindset which would lead to HoxPoxDox would never come to be? There's an alternate timeline thread from www.alternatehistory.com that touches somewhat on the publication history of such a possibility (divergence triggered by selected celebrities and entertainment companies during 1999, including Marvel, receiving samples of their future output as far forward as 2019). I visit that thread to (TRY TO) cleanse the mostly-bitter taste of Krakoa.

I'm thinking of several What-Ifs but they involve crossovers with other media.

Crossover-less-wise, maybe "What If X-Factor Remained a Successful and Influential Government Mutant Spec-Ops Team?"
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 12-17-2019 at 07:59 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

One of my favorite What if is "What if Wolverine became Lord of the Vampires." I really hoped that world would have been used during Secret Wars, but I will post the What if here in stead. "What if Vampire Wolverine had to fight Marvel Zombies."
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    One of my favorite What if is "What if Wolverine became Lord of the Vampires." I really hoped that world would have been used during Secret Wars, but I will post the What if here in stead. "What if Vampire Wolverine had to fight Marvel Zombies."
    I loved that, both parts. I also enjoyed what if professor x became the juggernaut, but... here's one in the vein of above.

What if Prof X became "The Kingpin"

It would be really interesting because you get things like a Villainous Cyclops in a "Bullseye type" role and really Xavier is a threat that most street level types have ZERO
    chance of dealing with. So it could get pretty interesting, if the X-men were given a mafia style treatment with Prof X at the helm.
    Or just if instead of dealing with the X affairs.

Also...
    What if Wolverine became Captain Canada effectively he'd still be The Wolverine but of course he's wear a Maple leave and rocked the Whole Symbol of Canada get up. Different set of adventures completely.

Finally "General Winter"
    ala
    It is the one fan fiction I got pretty far on myself
    Basically the soviet government had successfully captures trains Colossus during the Cold war era... basically

"What if Colossus became a Winter soldier"
    There's espionage there war theres a fight with him vs cap.
    One of the Black Widows gets killed but successfully steals the Giant Man formula.
    A scene in which He's sniping with a ridiculous caliber sniper cannon and someone gets within melee range but he just giant mans his way out of the entire building.
    Hydra/Cosmic Cube/ The winter guard fighing the beyonder/ Battle wth Cthon... Permanent fallout/Hatred with Illyana...
    and the end of the world.
    Its intense.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 12-18-2019 at 12:36 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    What if only females could be mutants?
    Interesting note, the 'X-gene' has to be on the X-chromosome, because if it was on the Y-chromosome, there wouldn't be any *female* mutants.

And since it is on the X-chromosome, theoretically, a woman could have *two* X-genes, and be a 'double mutant!'

What if Laura was allowed to grow as a character instead of being reverted back to a killer every other year?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    What if Laura was allowed to grow as a character instead of being reverted back to a killer every other year?
    I'd love that also what if she remembered she still has access to the uni power ?

My dream lineup is based on the What If concept (or at least a retcon).

The focus would be on a much different original lineup of fellow psi sensitives. This would include the mutants who become Sage (his "Jean"), Gamesmaster (his "Cyclops"), Commcast/Black Box (the Warren Worthington III substitute), Mentallo ("Beast"), and Astrid Bloom (what passes for an "Iceman"). but the story would also include Changeling (who must have been psi sensitive if Charles could give him some of his power), Noah Dubois (a real x-deep cut), and Shortpack (of course). i though it would be cool to see the Professor trying to organize a movement and recruiting primarily from the astral plane. it would all go horribly wrong of course. the Shadow King would shut that ish down. and there would be some telepaths, like Fontanelle, who would have zero interest in being part of the spy network.

What if Kitty Pryde joined the Hellions class of the Hellfire Club?

She'd be Emma's premiere agent, assassin, and thief. She'd be instructed to make her thoughts intangible and impossible to be perceived and manipulated by Xavier-led telepaths. She'd be trained by the best of the Marvel super-villains and organizations, like the Hand and AIM. She'd be introduced to the Thieves Guild and meet-cute with Remy LeBeau.

She'd participate in fights against the X-Men AND the New Mutants, flirting, confusing, and exploiting abused LGBTQ+ Rachel Summers and Illyana Rasputin. She'd leapfrog Emma's tutelage and seduce Sebastian Shaw, becoming Terra to his Deathstroke.

Upon the massacre of the Hellions by Trevor Fitzroy, Kitty would eventually join up with the Acolytes, proving to be Magneto's right hand woman... despite not believing any of his doctrine. She uses her time there to amass an army of mutant contacts, replacing the Hellions, and challenging the heady leadership of Exodus.

After the destruction of Avalon and dissolution of the Acolytes, Kitty finds herself on the run from Operation Zero Tolerance's Prime Sentinels, working with Iceman and Cecelia Reyes. In the wake of OZT's defeat, she finally joins the X-Men with Gambit's encouragement, and Storm's blessing.

Mighty Member

What if Gen X had stayed at the X mansion? Synch, Husk, Monet, Jubilee, Chamber, Skin being at the x mansion during xforce tenure would have been super interesting.. CeCe reyes could have played a role with them, Maggot and Synch being BFFs, Monet vs Marrow,Chamber and Cyclops mentor relationship, Sam and Paige sibling bonding, Monet, Storm and CeCe in NYC would have been a lot. Jean Grey vs Emma, a Emma/Banshee/Jean/Scott quadrangle, maybe they would have realized Blink was not dead...

What is Tempo had joined X Force? When feral defected it looked like Tempo was going to join X Force. I wish that had happened. Its sad Xforce never had a Black female character (storm later joined a later variation).Would have loved Tempo being a member when x force did its road trip era..

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    What if Gen X had stayed at the X mansion? Synch, Husk, Monet, Jubilee, Chamber, Skin being at the x mansion during xforce tenure would have been super interesting.. CeCe reyes could have played a role with them, Maggot and Synch being BFFs, Monet vs Marrow,Chamber and Cyclops mentor relationship, Sam and Paige sibling bonding, Monet, Storm and CeCe in NYC would have been a lot. Jean Grey vs Emma, a Emma/Banshee/Jean/Scott quadrangle, maybe they would have realized Blink was not dead...
    As in, they were also based with the rest of the X-Men from the start? Interesting. I don't quite see Emma making moves at Scott soon, seeing as there's still the Sean ship-tease, and during that time she was supposed to be still older than Scott and the O5, closer in age to Sean and Charles (since she talks to them as age-peers). Will really sell the Xavier Institute like a student-filled school as in the FoX-Men original trilogy.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

What if Emma Frost joined the X-Men when she was 14 right after they rescued her from Magneto when he took her out of the asylum and tried to use her to wipe the minds of humans in Cerebro. What if instead of Charles Xavier sticking her back in the asylum where she shouldn't have been, instead she became a member of the X-Men long before she ever even knew what the Hellfire Club was.

I personally think Emma and Jean would have ended up best friends and I doubt they would ever compete. Emma was a far different person at 14 and she may have ended up with Hank or Warren instead. Hank because of his intelligence would probably have had an appeal for someone like Emma who was a bit of a nerd at that age.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Interesting note, the 'X-gene' has to be on the X-chromosome, because if it was on the Y-chromosome, there wouldn't be any *female* mutants.

And since it is on the X-chromosome, theoretically, a woman could have *two* X-genes, and be a 'double mutant!'
    It depends if the gene is dominant or recessive…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    What if Emma Frost joined the X-Men when she was 14 right after they rescued her from Magneto when he took her out of the asylum and tried to use her to wipe the minds of humans in Cerebro. What if instead of Charles Xavier sticking her back in the asylum where she shouldn't have been
    I never knew about that backstory!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    What if Kitty Pryde joined the Hellions class of the Hellfire Club?
    I would love to read that story.