Page 8 of 326 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Remember that time Cyclops beat Storm Magneto and Psylocke all at once...good times

Spectacular Member Lycaon pictus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Grayson is the best book currently. At least for me it is.
    Really? I haven't read it. What's the tone? What do you like about it?

Spectacular Member Lycaon pictus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    omfg it's back <3
    Hey Hey TLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    JLDark stopped being good after Milligan's short run.
    It stopped being completely screwed up after he left. Seriously, though... Mindwarp? I was sad to see Shade go during the vampire crossover. I really like Shade the Changing Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I thought her powers were magnetic...not telepathic...and it wasn't really a love triangle because Superman was never interested in her...it was all one sided...and she had a warrior type personality that couldn't be more different from Jean.
    I didn't see the heart of gold...just the douche...he had absolutely no moral dilemma working for the worst villains and abandoned his family without a second thought...all that storyline did was make Chase look stupid...and we'll have to agree to disagree on the future finale because I thought it was awful.
    Maxima's abilities are a mix of physical strength/durability augmented by massive mental powers [telepathy, psychokinesis]. She talked about her 'command over metals' sometimes. *shrug* She's always been DC's not-so-subtle pastiche of Jean Grey to me.

We'll have to disagree about the tech guy. Didn't he effectively sacrifice himself to stop the Joker?
    Either way... Manhunter is a great series where the good vastly outweighs the bad.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It stopped being completely screwed up after he left. Seriously, though... Mindwarp? I was sad to see Shade go during the vampire crossover. I really like Shade the Changing Man.
    A book featuring Vertigo characters should be screwed up and weird. Not bland superhero stuff like what we got afterwards.

A book featuring Vertigo characters should be screwed up and weird. Not bland superhero stuff like what we got afterwards.
    Well, JLDark is a mainstream book, not a Vertigo title. There's a fine line between good weird and not being good. Milligan's JLDark was no Morrison's Animal Man or, for true weirdness, Doom Patrol. Mainstream weirdness done right in the nu52: Animal Man and Swamp Thing. And Mindwarp?! Create the character and effectively do nothing with him for your entire run? That's just bad.

As these things go, I guess it's a matter of preference. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Who would train with?
    Elektra
    Why? Because I want to be a frikken ninja and strike unsuspecting people from the shadows.
    Alternately I go for Black Widow so I can be a super spy instead. Get me some tech expert and then roam the world as a real James Bond.

As for favorite DC characters they are probably Lady Shiva, Cassandra Cain and Black Canary. It's pretty cool how many woman are counted as the top martial artists in the DCU.
    Unfortunately Shiva was never much of a main protagonist type of character and New52 has been pretty bad for Cassandra Cain and Black Canary.
    Cass got basically erased and Canary was reduced to a whiny pile of mess. *sigh*
    Frustrating to finally want to start buying and reading actual comics with them only to find out how mishandled they have been.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Who would train with?
    Elektra
    Why? Because I want to be a frikken ninja and strike unsuspecting people from the shadows.
    Alternately I go for Black Widow so I can be a super spy instead. Get me some tech expert and then roam the world as a real James Bond.

As for favorite DC characters they are probably Lady Shiva, Cassandra Cain and Black Canary. It's pretty cool how many woman are counted as the top martial artists in the DCU.
    Unfortunately Shiva was never much of a main protagonist type of character and New52 has been pretty bad for Cassandra Cain and Black Canary.
    Cass got basically erased and Canary was reduced to a whiny pile of mess. *sigh*
    Frustrating to finally want to start buying and reading actual comics with them only to find out how mishandled they have been.
    I'd go for Question, infinitely patient, one of the better superhero detectives willing to teach and still up there in terms of martial artists.

My new favourite thing to google

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Finally. Too bad there is no SweetD or D@n or whomever is now banned that I enjoyed reading.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Bunn has been doing great with Magneto, but he's also writing a Godzilla book thats pretty good.

Google is great - I don't think I could get through my day without looking up nonsense all day long.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

YAY!!!!!!!! Now I have something to entertain me on slow days at work again!!!!
    Has Val been perma-banned yet? If not, I hope she comes in here.

In other news, tomorrow is a Sailor Moon Saturday!!!!!!!!! Who's been watching?

In other other news, My favorite DC character is Nightwing's butt

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    Remember when Cyclops fought Legion in the rain, both shirtless? Those were some good comics!

Simon Spurrier, the anti-Remender
    Here, here! I hope his Legacy (and Carey's for that matter) come out as Omnibi or Complete Collections ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Everything after the Dark Angel Saga in Uncanny X-Force was bleh.
    Preach the truth! Final Execution was a huge disappointment and I didn't even bother reading Otherworld.
    Last edited by Emerald_616; 11-14-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    You may want to check out the upcoming DC Convergence mini series that are revisiting the future of the pre-52 DCU...I know there will be a Stephanie Brown/Batgirl series featuring Tim Drake/Red Robin & Cassandra Cain/Black Bat...and there's also going to be an Oracle & Nightwing series by Gail Simone so I wouldn't be surprised if Black Canary shows up there.

I don't bother with ANY Nu52 DC (and probably never will) so it's only out of continuity DC stuff for me now (really dig the Injustice Gods Among Us books) but I'm going to have to check out these convergence books for a real DC fix.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

JLDark stopped being good after Milligan's short run.
    Correct. Deadman perving on all the ladies. LOL.

Lemire made it painfully straightahead. And Black Orchid is such a dud.