Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Just thinking will this be Ben's first time in space? I don't think he's been off world before.
    The forgettable Planet of the Symbiotes happened. Not exactly in space, but he was "off world".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    The forgettable Planet of the Symbiotes happened. Not exactly in space, but he was "off world".
    The overall plot wasn’t good, but I liked certain scenes between Peter, Ben and Eddie. Only story those three interacted together iirc.

Astonishing Member

Okay, this guy needs to be on the next Ben Reilly book.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/IbanCoell...79927508672514

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Okay, this guy needs to be on the next Ben Reilly book.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/IbanCoell...79927508672514
    Yes. Yes, he does.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes. Yes, he does.
    Indeed, indeed, he does.

BTW nice stuff (on this Twitter).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, indeed, he does.

BTW nice stuff (on this Twitter).
    Oh, it's beautiful. I especially love his take on Ben as the Sensational Spider-Man.

Oh, it's beautiful. I especially love his take on Ben as the Sensational Spider-Man.
    Agreed, on both counts.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

No use if this has ever been Mentioned or thought of but something hit me today when I saw a question on Reddit asking which alternate Spider-Man was everyone’s favorite. I can’t understand how marvel hasnt fully utilized Ben and Kaine in ways they refuse to use Peter.

What I mean is It really sucks that these two aren’t utilized to much better potential. You have your real Peter Parker that marvel can keep in the same status quo over and over but you can’t do something different with these two? Some fans (not all) have wanted a Peter Parker that becomes a family man with a wife and child.

You have Ben Reilly who can fulfill that niche. How? Ben Reilly is a clone that knows he’s a clone and not real and yet he’s tried his hardest to live a real life; shitty dead end jobs, his relationship with Janine (or whatever her name was I forgot) and his attempt at a relationship with the Italian woman whose father threatened Ben. You’re telling me you can’t give Ben Reilly the life you refuse to give to Peter? We can have our cake and eat it too if they just let Ben be what they won’t let Peter be. No need for yet another alternate universe spider to take up more space in the alt universe pool or too many spiders.

And Kaine? Kaine works best as the anti Peter. Peter does let kill but kaine will. As much as I enjoyed Kaine’s more recent stories after spider island, I preferred him as Ben’s nemesis. He is everything Peter isn’t. He is Peter’s antithesis. More should be done with them to give the fans all the other possibilities and could have Been of Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    No use if this has ever been Mentioned or thought of but something hit me today when I saw a question on Reddit asking which alternate Spider-Man was everyone’s favorite. I can’t understand how marvel hasnt fully utilized Ben and Kaine in ways they refuse to use Peter.

What I mean is It really sucks that these two aren’t utilized to much better potential. You have your real Peter Parker that marvel can keep in the same status quo over and over but you can’t do something different with these two? Some fans (not all) have wanted a Peter Parker that becomes a family man with a wife and child.

You have Ben Reilly who can fulfill that niche. How? Ben Reilly is a clone that knows he’s a clone and not real and yet he’s tried his hardest to live a real life; shitty dead end jobs, his relationship with Janine (or whatever her name was I forgot) and his attempt at a relationship with the Italian woman whose father threatened Ben. You’re telling me you can’t give Ben Reilly the life you refuse to give to Peter? We can have our cake and eat it too if they just let Ben be what they won’t let Peter be. No need for yet another alternate universe spider to take up more space in the alt universe pool or too many spiders.

And Kaine? Kaine works best as the anti Peter. Peter does let kill but kaine will. As much as I enjoyed Kaine’s more recent stories after spider island, I preferred him as Ben’s nemesis. He is everything Peter isn’t. He is Peter’s antithesis. More should be done with them to give the fans all the other possibilities and could have Been of Peter Parker.
    I can agree with that. In the case of Ben with Janine Godbe (real name Elizabeth Tyne), the MC2 Spider-Girl series revealed they had a son, only since Janine/Elizabeth was still in prison and Ben was dead, their son had to be taken into the care of her relatives, who turned out to be abusive alcoholics. Hmm, considering we've seen nothing of Ben's former supporting cast since his comeback, I'm thinking with his situation in Christopher Cantwell's Iron Man, it could be revealed that he's trying to earn a living for the sake of Janine/Elizabeth and their child.

Incredible Member

I can agree with that. In the case of Ben with Janine Godbe (real name Elizabeth Tyne), the MC2 Spider-Girl series revealed they had a son, only since Janine/Elizabeth was still in prison and Ben was dead, their son had to be taken into the care of her relatives, who turned out to be abusive alcoholics. Hmm, considering we've seen nothing of Ben's former supporting cast since his comeback, I'm thinking with his situation in Christopher Cantwell's Iron Man, it could be revealed that he's trying to earn a living for the sake of Janine/Elizabeth and their child.
    I completely forgot about MC2’s Darkdevil! So many missed opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I completely forgot about MC2’s Darkdevil! So many missed opportunities
    Indeed. It's quite a shame.

DO YOU WANT TO SEE BEN REILLY FIRING SPACESHIP GUNS?!

-Pav, who knows you do...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    DO YOU WANT TO SEE BEN REILLY FIRING SPACESHIP GUNS?!

-Pav, who knows you do...
    In Iron Man #8? Why, yes. Yes, I do.

Astonishing Member

It’s a bit depressing that an Iron-Man book has given us far more Ben than the actual Spidey books have over the last 3 years since SS ended.

Not too much Ben in this particular issue, but Cantwell continues to treat him seriously and with value. He’s obviously a fan of him and the other secondary characters. I’ve also gotten a fondness for Gargoyle through this book.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    It’s a bit depressing that an Iron-Man book has given us far more Ben than the actual Spidey books have over the last 3 years since SS ended.

Not too much Ben in this particular issue, but Cantwell continues to treat him seriously and with value. He’s obviously a fan of him and the other secondary characters. I’ve also gotten a fondness for Gargoyle through this book.
    Yeah, Gargoyle is pretty cool, too, and I wouldn't mind seeing Cantwell try his hand at a Scarlet Spider series.