Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The trailer for the Harley Quinn animated series shows quite a lot of Dr. Psycho!

Plus, a character who I believe is Queen of Fables?
    It also had a blink and you miss it shot of Cheetah.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The trailer for the Harley Quinn animated series shows quite a lot of Dr. Psycho!

Plus, a character who I believe is Queen of Fables?

Dr. Psycho and the Queen of Fables are in the upcoming Harley Quinn cartoon? Consider me SOLD!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    It also had a blink and you miss it shot of Cheetah.
    Did it? I went through the trailer slowly and didn't see her!

Incredible Member

Did it? I went through the trailer slowly and didn't see her!
    She's in the background when Harley punches Aquaman in the throat in a crouching position. She's too the left of his falling body next to Captain Cold.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She's in the background when Harley punches Aquaman in the throat in a crouching position. She's too the left of his falling body next to Captain Cold.
    Ugh, what.

Ah, I did see her upon rewatching it! At least she's with other big villains.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's pretty surreal that Cheetah will be getting a live action debut (and has a strong chance of being better received than the DCEU versions of Lex and the Joker), a hopefully prominent DTV appearance and is finally being firmly pushed as the arch in two upcoming arcs on the solo title. I'm glad DC has finally made up their minds with her and are getting behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's pretty surreal that Cheetah will be getting a live action debut (and has a strong chance of being better received than the DCEU versions of Lex and the Joker), a hopefully prominent DTV appearance and is finally being firmly pushed as the arch in two upcoming arcs on the solo title. I'm glad DC has finally made up their minds with her and are getting behind her.

This is long overdue for Cheetah. I wonder what finally made DC realize her potential?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This is long overdue for Cheetah. I wonder what finally made DC realize her potential?
    The Challenge of the Superfriends!

Seriously, she's an original character that has long been one of the most recognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The Challenge of the Superfriends!

Seriously, she's an original character that has long been one of the most recognizable.

It just seems like a 180 compared to about 5 years ago when DC was pushing the public domain Greek myth characters on us hardcore while original characters like Dr. Poison, Dr. Cyber, Silver Swan, & Veronica Cale were sitting in Limbo collecting dust. I really hope that this trend continues and we see Cheetah, Giganta, Dr. Poison, and some of the other Wonder-rogues rise to great prominence in the DCU and not be subject to being cannon fodder for street level heroes, made into frenemies of Diana's, or reduced to cameo-status.

It just seems like a 180 compared to about 5 years ago when DC was pushing the public domain Greek myth characters on us hardcore while original characters like Dr. Poison, Dr. Cyber, Silver Swan, & Veronica Cale were sitting in Limbo collecting dust. I really hope that this trend continues and we see Cheetah, Giganta, Dr. Poison, and some of the other Wonder-rogues rise to great prominence in the DCU and not be subject to being cannon fodder for street level heroes, made into frenemies of Diana's, or reduced to cameo-status.
    Yes to all of this, please!

I'm not generally opposed to the frenemy thing, because that usually means more character depth for the villain/frenemy. When you write the characters as actual people with motives either you go all-in on making them horrible people, or you give them character traits that the audience LIKES. Kinda like how Giganta has a tragic past, and her original reason for fighting WW is that if WW had gotten her way, Doris Zuel would be dead and Giganta would never have existed. It gives Doris a deeper character than the cardboard cutout she usually gets written as. It doesn't NEED to make her someone who LIKES WW, their interests might align only once-in-a-blue-moon, but it makes their interaction more interesting.

DC has always pushed the original villains over the public domain ones. Cheetah and Giganta alone have been featured in more adaptations and comics than any of the Greek pantheon. Hell, the cancelled David E. Kelley show was going to use Veronica Cale.

DC isn't doing anything different with this movie. They're doing what they've always done. Keep in mind Circe is absent despite being a Villainy, Inc member and having played a major role in the original story where Vanessa became Silver Swan.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-29-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC has always pushed the original villains over the public domain ones. Cheetah and Giganta alone have been featured in more adaptations and comics than any of the Greek pantheon. Hell, the cancelled David E. Kelley show was going to use Veronica Cale.

DC isn't doing anything different with this movie. They're doing what they've always done. Keep in mind Circe is absent despite being a Villainy, Inc member and having played a major role in the original story where Vanessa became Silver Swan.

I beg to differ. Since Crisis on Infinite Earths, DC has leaned much more towards the Greek myth characters with Ares, Demois, Phobos, and Decay being the first adversaries Diana fought upon coming to Man's world. Circe became also became a major contender for Diana's arch-nemesis alongside Cheetah. The New 52 solo book featured mostly Greek myth adversaries for it's 5 year run with Cheetah and majorly revamped versions of Aegeus and Dr. Poison appearing in a total of 3 stories. Now Justice League Dark is pushing Circe as the major villain instead of an original Wonder-rogue such as Dark Angel, White Magician, or the Queen of Fables.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Circe wasn't part of Villainy Inc. Maybe you're thinking of Godwatch?