Page 68 of 104 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1556
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    To be clear, it's confirmed that this is Crystal Dynamic's take on Spider-Man and not Isomniac's Spider-Man making a guest appearance.
    I actually prefer it this way.

BANNED

I don't quite appreciate the logic of making Spider-Man an exclusive for this game.

It's intended to be multi-platform so why not tantalize players with a drop of Spider-Man. You are basically having other platforms advertise, for free, your games.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

So technically there's nothing to argue against this being in the same universe.
    Taskmaster. He appears in both games and his design varies heavily. When these games take place could make it impossible for him to be the same Taskmaster in both games.

iMan 42s

Sony has been pretty exclusive with Spider-man in the past. Usually being smaller things but they've tended to have some sort of exclusive even if it had been timed. It's unfortunate but not something I find surprising.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Taskmaster. He appears in both games and his design varies heavily. When these games take place could make it impossible for him to be the same Taskmaster in both games.
    It's not like villains, or for that matter heroes, changing their costumes, or upgrading their costumes as per situation or expediency is a new concept difficult for people to wrap their heads around.

The only issue with continuity is that the Avengers are supposed to be defunct for years after failing to stop a major attack. That time frame could accommodate a young Spider-man provided he doesn't meet Taskmaster in the game (since PS4 established that was the first meeting between characters). An older character might be trickier since that would make it a kind of sequel to the first game and who knows how much of a time game Insomniac will place between sequels.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's not like villains, or for that matter heroes, changing their costumes, or upgrading their costumes as per situation or expediency is a new concept difficult for people to wrap their heads around.

The only issue with continuity is that the Avengers are supposed to be defunct for years after failing to stop a major attack. That time frame could accommodate a young Spider-man provided he doesn't meet Taskmaster in the game (since PS4 established that was the first meeting between characters). An older character might be trickier since that would make it a kind of sequel to the first game and who knows how much of a time game Insomniac will place between sequels.
    When you swing by Avengers tower Spidey quips about the Avengers currently being in the other coast. Avengers Day happens in San Fran in the Avengers game. Taskmaster is present in the San Fran attack as he's the boss of the tutorial level. If the game's were to share continuity no way he can be in two places at once.

Astonishing Member

I don't quite appreciate the logic of making Spider-Man an exclusive for this game.

It's intended to be multi-platform so why not tantalize players with a drop of Spider-Man. You are basically having other platforms advertise, for free, your games.
    It's to prevent continuity errors that'll inevitably arise if they tried to do it.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Based on the Dev's description though, I don't think this is going to be the Insomniac Spider-Man:

Watching Spider-Man adapt to new surroundings was such a great contrast to his status quo. That tone is exactly what we want to capture for him in Marvel’s Avengers. A familiar but fresh Spider-Man who needs to evolve to take on global threats alongside Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.
    Based on the wording, and how much the game has been aping on the MCU movies, I'm expending a Tom Holland-esque portrayal here.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Based on the Dev's description though, I don't think this is going to be the Insomniac Spider-Man:

Based on the wording, and how much the game has been aping on the MCU movies, I'm expending a Tom Holland-esque portrayal here.
    That would seem kind of redundant with Kamala in the base game.

For what is basically a guest character I think they would be better off making it more like Insomniac Spider-Man then trying to create their own wholesale Spider-Man within an Avengers game since most people would probably be expecting something like Insomniac Spider-Man anyways.

I expected Spidey to just be excluded, not be version exclusive DLC. Now they need to make other characters exclusive to the other versions, otherwise they'll look like poor value compared to the PS4 and PS5 versions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    When you swing by Avengers tower Spidey quips about the Avengers currently being in the other coast. Avengers Day happens in San Fran in the Avengers game. Taskmaster is present in the San Fran attack as he's the boss of the tutorial level. If the game's were to share continuity no way he can be in two places at once.
    Object permanence is a thing. San Francisco can be a setting characters visit multiple times. It happens to be one of the biggest and most famous cities in America. The Avengers could have been on the West Coast for an entirely unrelated thing. It could have lasted for days or weeks, enough times for Spider-Man to go there.

Likewise, the devs said that the game will have multiple locations so one of them can be New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I expected Spidey to just be excluded, not be version exclusive DLC. Now they need to make other characters exclusive to the other versions, otherwise they'll look like poor value compared to the PS4 and PS5 versions.
    It's not like this was sprung up at the last minute without anybody knowing of this (well except for consumers). Something like this had to have been known for months by all platforms.

Obviously PlayStation has deep pockets on accounting of thoroughly winning the last console war, and Xbox One have to go into "graceful loser" mode and bide their time.

And besides Xbox did something similar when they made Rise of the Tomb Raider, a platform exclusive for a year or so before allowing it to be released on the PlayStation. That's also made by Crystal Dynamics, same as this one.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It would be funny if Xbox would got exclusive X-men character, maybe Wolverine, since he is popular X-men, or Beast, who is also known for long time member of the Avengers.

Not sure about PC though, maybe Fantastic Four or street based character or something.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    It would be funny if Xbox would got exclusive X-men character, maybe Wolverine, since he is popular X-men, or Beast, who is also known for long time member of the Avengers.

Not sure about PC though, maybe Fantastic Four or street based character or something.
    Yeah, I like the idea of Wolverine being an X-Box exclusive hero. I hate the idea of exclusive heroes, and I have a PS4, but that would be more fair than what they are actually doing.

I hate Hammerhead bases in the DLC episodes, they throw a bunch of difficult enemies your way at once. When it comes to Screwball what's annoying is her talking too much and in that internet slang and screechy voice, not so much her challenges.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Jim Sterling, PS4 owner, offers compassion (to non-PS4 owners) and criticism of Sony's exclusivity.

I mean I get that this is a corporate power play but how exactly did no one see this coming? The PS4 is the biggest selling console in the market right now, more people own it than they do the other consoles. The Spider-Man PS4 game became the best-selling superhero game breaking the record of Arkham City (which was a multi-platform title). Sony's quite jealous and possessive of Spider-Man, their Star Wars essentially.