Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    How did that Sitterson situation played out?I assume he wasnt fired?
    Nope. The latest incarnation of IDW's Hasbroverse Joe team, SCARLET'S STRIKE FORCE is still coming out next month. Although it's now listed as an eight issue as an eight issue limited series. And Sitterson is still poking the bear which is the fan base though.

Ofc he is...I wish the industy would ease up with the "one of us" attitude.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...rce-cancelled/

I don't read this or care about the drama surrounding the writer, just saw some people talking about this here.

My only thought on this is that people tend to be willing to read something by someone they hate as long as it is enjoyable. They may deny it, but sales usually indicate people don't turn down quality unless it is the quality that is in question.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...rce-cancelled/

I don't read this or care about the drama surrounding the writer, just saw some people talking about this here.

My only thought on this is that people tend to be willing to read something by someone they hate as long as it is enjoyable. They may deny it, but sales usually indicate people don't turn down quality unless it is the quality that is in question.
    You can not question quality for a book that is not out yet.

But as we have seen with the Marvel hate-it does not matter the quality of the book for those who hate who writes it or who stars in it.

While other books with bad writers stay in publication due to who is on the cover that was not a C-Z list white male, POC, LGBT or female.

There is another one "your a racist if you dont read it argument. :|
    From what I understand,his book fell below 7K anyway,so I doubt a relaunch would help outside a small #1 boost.

Sitterson’s work was simply not good enough to compensate for his caustic attitude. His writing was weak and saying “**** you” to 9/11 mourners is just ridiculous. G.I. Joe deserves better.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Incredible Member

Luckily, IDW fired his ass. You can judge a books quality even if it’s not released if the writer did a shitty job on the exact same characters in the series preceding it. He is a shitty writer and never should have been involved with G.I. Joe to begin with.

I wonder how long IDW will wait before relaunching G.I. Joe with a new #1.

But what was up with renaming it as Scarlett's Strike Force to begin with anyway? I missed out on the story about that, but it sorta reeks of an earlier attempt to downplay the G.I. Joe name a decade ago (the ill-fated Sigma 6 era).
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I wonder how long IDW will wait before relaunching G.I. Joe with a new #1.

But what was up with renaming it as Scarlett's Strike Force to begin with anyway? I missed out on the story about that, but it sorta reeks of an earlier attempt to downplay the G.I. Joe name a decade ago (the ill-fated Sigma 6 era).
    Probably has to do with the events of the Hasbroverse Crossover, FIRST STRIKE, in which the terror attack to destroy Cybertron was led by G.I. Joe's namesake, founder, and not to mention Scarlett's own mentor, General Joe Colton. Under the Baron Ironblood moniker. Maybe the powers that be ,not to mention Colonel O'Hara wants to put some distance between the team, and their disgraced founder.

Is Hasbroverse pretty much dead? ROM, MASK, Micronauts, Action Man, Revolutionaries, all canned.

Honestly, that is a good thing. Let's face it, the shared Hasbro-verse has been pulling down the Transformers titles like crazy.
    And the setting really doesn't work trying to cram together all these ideas and mythologies that are often directly incompatible.

Transformers: Lost Light is still the best thing IDW is publishing. It's an amazing title month after month.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Lost Light is the only TF title I kept reading after the universe combined.

I think I was in the minority that was enjoying Action Man, and I was annoyed it was cancelled after 4 issues (I think it was 4). I was also enjoying ROM, but now that it's merged with Micronauts, I've dropped that too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

Just started Locke & Key.... so far so good.

I stuck it out for the entire Rom and Micronauts separate series, but neither was all that great. I did not go forward with the combined series. The only IDW title I'm reading is G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.