Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Maybe I am just a goofball. But I could really care less about this. This whole issue has been so twisted, and and politicized by everyone, its going to lose its meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Maybe I am just a goofball. But I could really care less about this. This whole issue has been so twisted, and and politicized by everyone, its going to lose its meaning.
    what is its meaning?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what is its meaning?
    Guys are goofs. But women are not innocent in this whole mess. The problem is you end up with the accusers and accused. And really the accused have no defense in 99 percent of the cases. Once your the accused oh well. Good luck.

Extraordinary Member

what is its meaning?
    I'm with you. In the cases where it actually happened it's definitively 100% wrong and people should be put on blast for it. That includes Trump and Louie CK admitting it, Weintiein and Cosby have dozens of accusers, etc. It's just those aren't the majority of cases. The majority are two people by themselves in a room where nobody but them actually know what happened and those are the one's you have to be careful with.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I'm with you. In the cases where it actually happened it's definitively 100% wrong and people should be put on blast for it. That includes Trump and Louie CK admitting it, Weintiein and Cosby have dozens of accusers, etc. It's just those aren't the majority of cases. The majority are two people by themselves in a room where nobody but them actually know what happened and those are the one's you have to be careful with.
    it seems like, in a lot of these cases, it's never just one accuser. I'm naturally skeptical. but multiple accusations usually lowers my personal bar for this stuff.

No smoke without fire.

Extraordinary Member

it seems like, in a lot of these cases, it's never just one accuser. I'm naturally skeptical. but multiple accusations usually lowers my personal bar for this stuff.
    Those are the big ones that get a lot of traction. The vast vast majority of these are one offs that typically involved alcohol or other substances.

Astonishing Member

Those are the big ones that get a lot of traction. The vast vast majority of these are one offs that typically involved alcohol or other substances.
    And the vast vast majority of the accused are powerful men with lots of money that can be gotten. Always remember that.

Tambor and Charlie Rose are the ones that hurt the most for me... still, my feelings of being let down are nothing in the grand scheme of things. What's more important is that, hopefully, we're building a better world where sexual assault/bullying/etc. isn't as widely tolerated as it evidently has been.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Tambor and Charlie Rose are the ones that hurt the most for me... still, my feelings of being let down are nothing in the grand scheme of things. What's more important is that, hopefully, we're building a better world where sexual assault/bullying/etc. isn't as widely tolerated as it evidently has been.
    Not sure who Tambor is but Charlie Rose doesn't hurt at all he is a 75 year old guy not in touch with the times. Things change.

Extraordinary Member

And the vast vast majority of the accused are powerful men with lots of money that can be gotten. Always remember that.
    Currently or in general? Cause yeah there is an emphasis on famous people who are accused right now, but that's more because "star actor who everybody knows" makes a bigger headline than random 20-30 something. Like let's say 50 celebrities have been accused thus far, does that even equal 1% of all of the people accused of similar crimes? If you believe the 1 out 5 campus assault statistics, then no it's note even a fraction of percent.

Astonishing Member

Currently or in general? Cause yeah there is an emphasis on famous people who are accused right now, but that's more because "star actor who everybody knows" makes a bigger headline than random 20-30 something. Like let's say 50 celebrities have been accused thus far, does that even equal 1% of all of the people accused of similar crimes? If you believe the 1 out 5 campus assault statistics, then no it's note even a fraction of percent.

Its a chicken or the egg thing. Powerful men get a lot of attention. They get passes on many things. Many women throw themselves at them, that then equates to a regular human brain that I can do what I want. Its hard to avoid this. Most of these men live lives that the normal person can't relate to. Someone told me the other day you know the Beatles were literally sexually assaulted by thousands of women. Thousands. Sometimes hundreds in one day.

Amazing Member

Its a chicken or the egg thing. Powerful men get a lot of attention. They get passes on many things. Many women throw themselves at them, that then equates to a regular human brain that I can do what I want. Its hard to avoid this. Most of these men live lives that the normal person can't relate to. Someone told me the other day you know the Beatles were literally sexually assaulted by thousands of women. Thousands. Sometimes hundreds in one day.
    Man, you know I'm dreading the day I click on the news and find out that Paul or Ringo sexually assaulted somebody.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rogersmcfeely View Post
    Man, you know I'm dreading the day I click on the news and find out that Paul or Ringo sexually assaulted somebody.
    At this rate you won't have to wait long.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Man! When I started this thread, I had no idea it would blow up like it has. If reports were to surface that Fred Rogers was a pervert, then my already tenuous faith in humanity will be officially destroyed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!