Page 702 of 827 FirstFirst ... 202602652692698699700701702703704705706712752802 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 12392
    BANNED

kind of knew Nora was going to dissapear due to the timeline being reset so not as affected by the erasure. not to mention that there is a strong possibility of her reappearing like thawne as she has also accessed the negative speed force. I felt that thawne calling Nora runner was a callback to Henry calling barry slugger. it's lucky that thawne doesn't have any progeny considering what he has done to his 'surrogate children'. seems it was the season of 'deaths' what with Felicity dying in Arrow and now Nora. looks like Cisco not returning for the next season expect for cameos is a strong possibility. maybe Susan 'Dearborn' will take his place or at least it looks like it. well as thawne said to Barry "see you in the next crisis flash".

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Thoughts:

1. Nora is erased from existence, but not all evidence and memory of her having existed.

2. For once, the season doesn't end on a cliffhanger. Yes, there was a teaser for next season's COIE crossover, but the season actually ended in a self-contained way, unlike all the previous seasons.

3. Clearly, DC/CW took some visual cues from INFINITY WAR/ENDGAME in terms of Grace's and Nora's final fates.

4. With Cisco departing and no Wells-counterpart in place, the brain trust of STAR Labs is rapidly eroding.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    At ALL points in ALL seasons
    Not so much seasons 1 & 2, but it's definitely got worse since season 3.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    "My name is Barry Allen...and I am the fastest man alive...except for the new speed villain who is going to kick my ass for 22 episodes because I am a complete moron who doesn't listen to ideas I don't come up with myself. But eventually I will get lucky and win in the season finale....just for another guy to come along next season to beat the **** out of me for another 22 episodes before I get lucky again...."

Something I thing they missed the opportunity on so far is the guy who Ralph planted evidence on who he says killed his wife. Would have liked to see that for an episode or 3 where they are able to get the proof.

Thing is though, it's not even just a case of him getting beaten for most of the season. This season there have been at least two occasions where they had Dwyer-Cicada down for the count, and for whatever stupid reason they let him escape. The episode where they beat him down and then Barry turned to have a Hallmark moment with Nora while Cicada got up and flew away was the worst example of dragging a villain out.

Cicada is a poor villain, and shouldn't be giving year 5 Flash too much trouble. Maybe if he'd been the season 2 or 3 villain I could buy Team Flash making so many mistakes in trying to stop him, but after five years they should be a lot better at this than they are.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Thoughts:

1. Nora is erased from existence, but not all evidence and memory of her having existed.

2. For once, the season doesn't end on a cliffhanger. Yes, there was a teaser for next season's COIE crossover, but the season actually ended in a self-contained way, unlike all the previous seasons.

3. Clearly, DC/CW took some visual cues from INFINITY WAR/ENDGAME in terms of Grace's and Nora's final fates.

4. With Cisco departing and no Wells-counterpart in place, the brain trust of STAR Labs is rapidly eroding.

Technically, barry owns the place, but maybe star labs will get crushed in the crisis, and they’ll move their headquarters to the CCPD.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Thawne is a Sith, who knew...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who of any sort of relevance doesn't know at this point ?
    Half tempted to rewatch from season one to count up all the people who know Barry's the Flash.
    On Arrow too, I wanna do a tally on how many SCPD cops have been killed. Like...who would still want to work there?
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 05-15-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Thoughts:

This was filmed before Endgame came out and even Marvel TV had no clue what was going to happen in Endgame.

Astonishing Member

Quite a bit of Barry forgetting he is fast, once again. Stands there like an idiot, yelling: NOOOOOOOO! Why did the future have to use the dagger to control Thawne? There has been quite a bit of power control tech of other types in the show? Some days, Barry dodges lightning and some days he stands there and gets rayed down.

I'm glad Nora's gone as the actress was really bad, sorry to say. About who knows about Barry, that pales in comparison to Kara. Folks who know both look her right in the face and don't get it. Same voice, same height, same build - just glasses. That's been a Clark joke for years.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Over the years, Team Flash has relied a lot on Cisco's scientific expertise and Vibe powers to solve problems. Going forward, they're not going to have at least the Vibe powers anymore, and depending on Carlos Valdes' career plans, possibly not Cisco's scientific expertise either. Wonder how they're going to get through that especially with CRISIS on the horizon.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Over the years, Team Flash has relied a lot on Cisco's scientific expertise and Vibe powers to solve problems. Going forward, they're not going to have at least the Vibe powers anymore, and depending on Carlos Valdes' career plans, possibly not Cisco's scientific expertise either. Wonder how they're going to get through that especially with CRISIS on the horizon.

Im sure they use plenty of other means to come up with plot specific tech to get them through a given episode like Cisco used to. I haven't liked his character in a few years now, glad he is gone.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I'm glad Nora's gone as the actress was really bad, sorry to say.
    While she isn't Meryl Streep, Jessica Parker Kennedy isn't remotely the worst actress I have seen on the show or any CW superhero show for that matter. Personally, I thought she was cute and, for the most part, likable.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Hopefully someone who, if he or she has any powers, won't give them up for the stupidest reason.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    While she isn't Meryl Streep, Jessica Parker Kennedy isn't remotely the worst actress I have seen on the show or any CW superhero show for that matter. Personally, I thought she was cute and, for the most part, likable.
    I first saw her on Black Sails and she was fantastic on that show so this all boils down to the Flash writers room. They have needed a major cleansing of the Flash writers for a good 2 season now. Bring in some new blood with some fresh ideas and not just "well uh....... I don't know..... lets just do time travel again".

The whole Cisco subplot this season was just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I first saw her on Black Sails and she was fantastic on that show so this all boils down to the Flash writers room. They have needed a major cleansing of the Flash writers for a good 2 season now. Bring in some new blood with some fresh ideas and not just "well uh....... I don't know..... lets just do time travel again".

The whole Cisco subplot this season was just stupid.
    What they need to do are smaller story arcs instead of these season-long Buffy ones, IMO (especially, as you allude to, the writers keep repeating themselves).

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    What they need to do are smaller story arcs instead of these season-long Buffy ones, IMO (especially, as you allude to, the writers keep repeating themselves).
    I agree with you 100%. I would much rather see the season split in half or even into 3 stories than for them to keep trying the season long arcs which have just not worked for the last 3 season. They could have an overarcing subplot while still doing smaller stories, and that would be great. The whole season long arc just is not working with the constant fight the villain/villain escapes/repeat over and over again until the finale.