Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Fans of Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Magik, Jean, Logan, Magneto, Monet, Fantomex, Mystique, Psylocke, Sabertooth, X-23, and everyone ELSE featured in an X-title: HOORAY! This looks entertaining!

Fans of everyone who is NOT featured in an X-title: BOO! This is trash and doomed to fail!

Arguing against the Extinction angle for the X-Men just seems silly.
    As many have already pointed out, that whole thing has been a staple of the X-Men for a long time now through multiple events and we all read them.
    Extinction Agenda, Second Coming, AvX, The Legacy Virus, the Phalanx Covenant, Decimation, House of M.

Fans always claim they want new and original stories, but just so long as it doesn't stray too far from what they love. Its a very delicate and impossible balance to achieve.
    Wolverine is dead, long live X-twenty-rine! YAY! BOO!
    Cyclops is out! Storm is back in! YAY! BOO!
    Jean is back! Jean is back, but its kind of a different Jean! YAY! BOO!
    Angel! Archangel! Amnesi-gel! Alterna-gel! Teen Angel! YAY! BOO!
    Kitty is this years IT girl. No its Jubilee. No its Armor. No its Pixie. No its Oya. YAY! BOO!

Endless.
    Comicbook fans are pretty much the walking definition of "Unpleaseable Fanbase." Just look at the flak over Psylocke wearing the Thongkini in Apocalypse. After FIFTEEN YEARS of people complaining about the black leather, what's the first thing they do when a character in a core X-film (excluding Deadpool, who came first, because that's a spinoff) gets a comics-accurate costume? They bitch and moan because of WHICH costume they used.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    You can't just boycott a book, they'd think it's just not selling well. They need to be made aware that a boycott is occuring, you need to specifically tell them why you aren't reading their books. And not just X-men, all of them.
    If you want to boycott something, this is the way it has to be done in order to have any impact.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Out of pure curiosity (I've read maybe 15 X-Men comics in my life and have no agenda or preferences about them what so ever): What's so bad about the upcoming X-books?
    That we are back at the whole "we need to keep alive the last 200 mutants" storyline, that ran from like May 2005 until October 2012, when the M-day spell was undone at the end of the AvX event.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Fans of Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Magik, Jean, Logan, Magneto, Monet, Fantomex, Mystique, Psylocke, Sabertooth, X-23, and everyone ELSE featured in an X-title: HOORAY! This looks entertaining!

Fans of everyone who is NOT featured in an X-title: BOO! This is trash and doomed to fail!

Arguing against the Extinction angle for the X-Men just seems silly.
    As many have already pointed out, that whole thing has been a staple of the X-Men for a long time now through multiple events and we all read them.
    Extinction Agenda, Second Coming, AvX, The Legacy Virus, the Phalanx Covenant, Decimation, House of M.

Fans always claim they want new and original stories, but just so long as it doesn't stray too far from what they love. Its a very delicate and impossible balance to achieve.
    Wolverine is dead, long live X-twenty-rine! YAY! BOO!
    Cyclops is out! Storm is back in! YAY! BOO!
    Jean is back! Jean is back, but its kind of a different Jean! YAY! BOO!
    Angel! Archangel! Amnesi-gel! Alterna-gel! Teen Angel! YAY! BOO!
    Kitty is this years IT girl. No its Jubilee. No its Armor. No its Pixie. No its Oya. YAY! BOO!

Endless.
    Well, im fan of most of them, and i hate this whole thing.
    And Second Coming, AvX, Decimation, House of M are part of the same big "No More Mutants" storyline, so they dont count.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 09-16-2015 at 06:15 AM.

Proof positive that Marvel cannot and will not please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If you want to boycott something, this is the way it has to be done in order to have any impact.
    And anyways, this would work if the X-men were part of the MCU, but given that they are not, this is only would make that Marvel cancels the X-books, and then they could finally make that the Inhumans happen.

Yeah this would never work at all. First, as others have said that would just lose money for the X-men showing them as weak series for Marvel for them to cancel but secondly and what would make this impossible is that you could never get enough people to actually do that because these forums and post do not represent every comicbook reader or fan of the X-men or comics in general. At best you will just get a very vocal minority not reading the book while others still would.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Out of pure curiosity (I've read maybe 15 X-Men comics in my life and have no agenda or preferences about them what so ever): What's so bad about the upcoming X-books?
    A lot of the old farts, I mean older/veteran readers, are not happy because 1) the upcoming storyline is kinda a re-do of the "decimation" era and 2) many characters are changing or disappearing and they expect the marvel universe to stay the same instead of working on pulling in new readers.

Don't get me wrong, I can see why said people are not happy with marvel, especially with the first reason. Luckily I started reading post AvX so that part doesn't bother me one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And anyways, this would work if the X-men were part of the MCU, but given that they are not, this is only would make that Marvel cancels the X-books, and then they could finally make that the Inhumans happen.
    Who's watching anything from the MCU? That crap is boring. Fox's X-men films are where it's at.

Boycotting the x-men won't really help. Just buy what looks good to you, Marvel will do whatever they want.

I don't really care the Extinction angle is back, it's sad but it may lead to interesting stories. I just don't like the x-men/inhuman subtext (or just plain text) that this seems to be setting up another Hero Vs Hero conflict. Everyone comes off really bad when that happens. The story could go another route sure, but it's hard not to feel hesitant about it given all that's been presented so far.

At least maybe Magik can scar a few of them when the inevitable fighting ensues like the time she molested Dr. Strange in limbo.

it would absolutely NOT work.

make no mistake, marvel would be pleased with nothing more than to see x-men fans reject what is left of the x-men in this day and age.

in fact, an ideal situation for them would be to convert what remains of the x-men fanbase over to the inhuman line of books. that way they get to keep their 'hated and feared' audience on books they actually own, and could happily retire the x-men line with "no hard feelings." they would come out looking like the good guys in this situation, and the population would love them for it and sing their praises.

what would be a more productive and effective use of your time is to boycott and reject the inhuman books that marvel is planning on publishing.

not only for yourself, but anyone you know. spread the word of what has been happening in this regard. reject marvel on this matter, and you will see results closer to what you are looking to accomplish.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    A lot of the old farts, I mean older/veteran readers, are not happy because 1) the upcoming storyline is kinda a re-do of the "decimation" era and 2) many characters are changing or disappearing and they expect the marvel universe to stay the same instead of working on pulling in new readers.

Don't get me wrong, I can see why said people are not happy with marvel, especially with the first reason. Luckily I started reading post AvX so that part doesn't bother me one bit.
    I always thought you could pull in new readers yet still keep the original fanbase; it seems a bit unfair to sacrifice one for the other.

Anyway this old fart is nowadays accustomed to the fact that the older you get, the less important you are, so I stick to indies these days. They're a lot cheaper too!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    It'll super backfire. Marvel doesn't even really care about the money as much as they did. Their company is no longer solely subsidized via books, merchandise and licensing. They've got the mouse. You boycott something they don't really care much for any, they'll either cancel the book entirely or cut back the output, until it cancels itself.
    More like the mouse has got them.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

It's a bad mash up of poorly revived stories all to cut down on Mutants and promote the Inhumans who are now the ones protecting a world that hates and fears them.

I'm not gonna start a boycott, I'm just not gonna waste my own money on such products of poor quality.

I think you'd have to boycott all Marvel and Disney products, boycotting the X-Men alone will only encourage Marvel to put them out to pasture like the Fantastic Four. Whereas replacing Marvel products with more DC, Image and Dynamite products would be a greater sign to the powers that be that fans are unhappy with the publishing side. (Because currently Marvel is dominating in the sales charts.)

But don't punish the X-Men titles while continuing to buy other Marvel books. (Just take a pass on the X-Men "clones" the Uncanny Inhumans, that's why the "Amazing Ben Reilly Spider-Man boycott" worked, Spider-fans refused to accept Marvel's attempt at a substitute.)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It wouldn't work. The only thing that could work is boycotting Inhumans titles. And not just not buying them, but badmouthing them to everyone, even (or specially) non-comic readers and associate the Inhumans with negative feelings and ideas to the point the brand is becoming toxic. As others pointed out, that's what happened with Ben Reilly.