Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Here's a thread from these very boards where Slott tweeted at a poster on Twitter, and then subsequently Slott's thousands of followers attacked this person. The user in question ends up banned over here.

Slott claims to be cordial and on the level with any one who pays him the same respect. So why does he crap on Mike McNulty aka Stillanerd, who is nothing if not always courteous and respectful when talking with the writer?

He had to be reprimanded himself over at the Crawlspace for the way he berated the very message board he was posting on, and then indignantly asked for his own account to be deleted (it wasn't, but then he never came back after he figured out that the mods wouldn't cover up his behavior over there).

He famously told someone here on these very boards to "f*** off", before the board reset. That has been tossed down the memory hole.

A lot of his really bad responses to people had to be edited away here.

Really, though, I could provide you with a dozen more examples and it probably still wouldn't break through your predetermined instinct to excuse any and all of his behavior.

So again, there's little point here in trying to convince you of something you refuse to be convinced of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That's hardly a reason to call him awful, just because he doesn't like a specific character. I self-identity as a Spider-Man fan and I don't like Gwen Stacy very much.
    He can not like MJ and not be awful (it just makes him wrong, not awful). That was another of the supposed terrible things that someone supposedly said over at SCS that Bor cherry-picked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Here's a thread from these very boards where Slott tweeted at a poster on Twitter, and then subsequently Slott's thousands of followers attacked this person. The user in question ends up banned over here.

Slott claims to be cordial and on the level with any one who pays him the same respect. So why does he crap on Mike McNulty aka Stillanerd, who is nothing if not always courteous and respectful when talking with the writer?

He had to be reprimanded himself over at the Crawlspace for the way he berated the very message board he was posting on, and then indignantly asked for his own account to be deleted (it wasn't, but then he never came back after he figured out that the mods wouldn't cover up his behavior over there).

He famously told someone here on these very boards to "f*** off", before the board reset. That has been tossed down the memory hole.

A lot of his really bad responses to people had to be edited away here.

Really, though, I could provide you with a dozen more examples and it probably still wouldn't break through your predetermined instinct to excuse any and all of his behavior.

So again, there's little point here in trying to convince you of something you refuse to be convinced of.
    So how was Slott anywhere close to what you are accusing him on in that tweet?

And I am sorry but if you want to pretend Stillanerd is always polite thats your own failure to accept hiw he often is. Several times, most noteable during Supperior, he accused Slott of various things because he was sure it was going to happen in the comic, and when it didnt he behind excuses like "well it could have happened". So no I dont agree with that.

And that specific time Slott tolled someone to "f... off" I already mentioned because Slott said sorry afterwords.
    Funny how selective your memory on that was here. But hey why accept reaility when the hivemind mentality is so much easier.

Really though I could keep on pointing out stuff like that but you will keep on doing it because it means you dont have to accept things as they actually are and only how you want them to be.

BANNED

He can not like MJ and not be awful (it just makes him wrong, not awful). That was another of the supposed terrible things that someone supposedly said over at SCS that Bor cherry-picked.
    So I take it at this point the "cherry-picking" line is going to be your new go to instead of acting like a real person?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    So how was Slott anywhere close to what you are accusing him on in that tweet?
    Why did he have to tweet at the poster? He could just as easily made his point and NOT done that.

Goes right in line with how he gaslights people, accusing them of mental illness if they dare criticize his funny-books.

And I am sorry but if you want to pretend Stillanerd is always polite thats your own failure to accept hiw he often is. Several times, most noteable during Supperior, he accused Slott of various things because he was sure it was going to happen in the comic, and when it didnt he behind excuses like "well it could have happened". So no I dont agree with that.
    No excuse for how nasty Slott STILL is to Mike when Mike is more often the far more polite one.

And for the record, Mike did correctly deduce that Otto would return in the form of the living brain for Vol. 3, just as Chris over at Crawlspace correctly figured out the whole premise of Superior before it happened.

And that specific time Slott tolled someone to "f... off" I already mentioned because Slott said sorry afterwords.
    Funny how selective your memory on that was here. But hey why accept reaility when the hivemind mentality is so much easier.
    Didn't see you mention it, but apology-after-the-fact or not, you asked for examples and that is one.

Really though I could keep on pointing out stuff like that but you will keep on doing it because it means you dont have to accept things as they actually are and only how you want them to be.
    Really you are not "pointing out stuff" at all, but trying to obfuscate the fact that you demanded examples and I gave them to you. I think I've made my point.

BANNED

So I take it at this point the "cherry-picking" line is going to be your new go to instead of acting like a real person?
    You literally grabbed two posts over there out of thousands. What else are we supposed to go on besides what you said?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Phantom Roxas ended up banned a whole two months after that incident. So I don't get why you're implying a correlation there. Sucks that he got harassed on twitter, but nothing in Dan's reply was actually rude or intentionally inciting his how followers to harass him, unless your argument is the a creator should never respond to an individual on social media ever.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Four posts were deleted. I can appreciate that this is a sensitive topic, but don't post something just to insult someone else.

And whether another message board has an anti-Slott echo chamber isn't a necessary topic of conversation.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

He didnt have to tweet but why should he not do it? Funny how Slott should just stay quite and never even say anything negative if it was up to you. I also dot really see how that is in line with what you are saying here. Even more funny coming from someone who just recently asked Slott if something was wring with him. Double standard much?
    Why should he not do it? Maybe something about the imbalance of a popular writer with thousands of followers vs. the average internet poster? You don’t see a problem there (of course you don’t)? It’s a grotesquely disproportionate response.

And when Slott gaslights people, insinuating that people who criticize him may have mental health issues, he proves that it WOULDN’T stop him from engaging in that behavior when he IS dealing with someone with mental health issues. So there’s that.

If I had to spend years seeing Stillanard make false presumptions and then acting like that I would see no reason to be more polite then Slott has been. Still does not come close to commenting on his weigh, character or whether or not he is an honest person like they do on your favorite board.
    Why is this such a problem? People speculate about their comics all the time, it’s called fan discussion, and to have the writer come down on people like that in such a haughty way has a chilling effect on said discussion.

So in other words when you said it was swept under the rug you where wrong and mistaking. Glad to hear it. Now if you could just get some of your fellow board members to do hide behind screen names when they call Slott various names or attacks his character that would be even better.
    It is indeed not a post that can be found after the board reset of 2014. He wasn’t banned or even reprimanded for it as far I know.

You gave no conrete examples that even comes close to some of the behavour you seem fine with and accept from Crawl space members. The only point you have made is that you will accuse others of cherry-picking and then do it yourself to such a degree that it is head scratching.
    I’m pointing out specific things, with links. You are making claims with no links and no proof.

You keep making claims about a “hive mind” mentality when I have proven this isn’t the case re: the website.

You’re whole argument is that the professional shouldn’t rise above the standards of the average message board poster, and that is where we disagree.

I dont reslly know what to tell you. You want to ignore how things are over there because you apparently feel its your fellowboard members right to lie about Slotts motives and character while resorting to personal attacks on pretty much every aspect of his character thats your right. But hey calling the man a bully for daring to stand up for himself is just how some people have fun I guess. Although I will say it was fun going over there and seeing several member names from people who have either changed them from when they posted here, or was banned from here bacause of their actions. It was like a wierd walk down memory lane.
    There’s standing up for oneself, and there’s going to insane limits to harass people who question you. I think I’ve illustrated the difference. On a message board poster, it’s unfortunate but it’s the reality of sometimes uncivilized internet behavior. On the creator’s part, it’s petty and it’s not a good look. And it does nothing to elevate the discourse.

Also, I realize English probably isn’t your first language, and I am allowing for that in our interaction. But I’m having a hard time figuring out what you’re trying to say in some of these posts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Phantom Roxas ended up banned a whole two months after that incident. So I don't get why you're implying a correlation there. Sucks that he got harassed on twitter, but nothing in Dan's reply was actually rude or intentionally inciting his how followers to harass him, unless your argument is the a creator should never respond to an individual on social media ever.
    He could just as easily have made his point without the "@Phantom_Roxas" at the end, could he have not?

BANNED

He could just as easily have made his point without the "@Phantom_Roxas" at the end, could he have not?
    Great way to ignore his entire point dude instead of admitting that he was right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why do you keep insisting that those two users are the same person?
    They're the same person.
    He's not wrong, I was made to change my name here by TPTB. I still go by Cheesedique over at his favorite website.
    Ta Da!
    Jesus, did you not see the part where I said I went and actually listened to the podcast and apologized, man?
    Thank you.
    Thank you for posting your "opinion" about the comments of a 2nd poster's take on a 3rd poster's summary of a podcast-- to imply that my take on something was racist-y.
    Thank you for leaving that up for a day before listening to the podcast for yourself and realizing that it might have been out of bounds.
    And thank you for finally showing up here and apologizing.
    Thank you so much.
    Dan, are you okay? Anything you need to talk about here?
    Ooh! Yeah.
    Have you seen this cartoon?
    It's a hoot!
    C_tqdWfUAAAh4X2.jpg
    Though one of the moderators here is a frequent contributer and message board presence over at Spider-Man Crawlspace. Does that make him a "Crawlspace guy" too? I suspect it's only anyone who dares to be a detractor.
    This is like watching someone from Fox News claim they're "Fair & Balanced" because they used to have Colmes on with Hannity.
    It's adorable that you think that site's not full of some very nasty, toxic sh*t-- stuff that you are very much a part of.
    That he's allowed to berate individuals here, gaslight them...
    Jesus. A day ago I was racist-y.
    Now I'm "gaslighting" people.
    You're a very mean piece of work.
    I think the fact that he doesn't hold Mary Jane in high regard isn't any kind of secret, either. If it's supposed to be, it's not a very good one.
    I would like to apologize to everyone for the Empire State Building sequence in SPIDER-ISLAND, all of the original RENEW YOUR VOWS mini-series, and the time I had MJ don the Iron Spider costume and save Peter in recent ASM issues. Obviously I hate the character of MJ and wish her nothing but ill.
    Unless of course, I magically created those issues retroactively to gaslight you all.
    I'm a gaslighter now.
    (It's something I'm going through after my racist-y phase apparently.)
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 05-15-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

You’re (sic) whole argument is that the professional shouldn’t rise above the standards of the average message board poster, and that is where we disagree.
    As a message board poster, when you interact with a comics professional do you hold yourself to a lower standard than them?

Also, I realize English probably isn’t your first language, and I am allowing for that in our interaction. But I’m having a hard time figuring out what you’re trying to say in some of these posts.
    Doesn't that strike you as a rude thing to say to someone who is clearly fluent in English? Particularly in a thread about online decorum?

Incredible Member

Here's a thread from these very boards[/URL] where Slott tweeted at a poster on Twitter, and then subsequently Slott's thousands of followers attacked this person.
    This is BS. I went to that poster's feed after they made the claim "thousands of my followers attacked them". It was 5 people on twitter. 5.
    I get worse than that every damn day on Twitter.
    I get worse than that on the internet in general.
    Surprise: Sometimes from regular visitors from the crawlspace. GO FIGURE.
    It's why my Wiki page has a lock on it and only Wiki moderators can make changes, because MULTIPLE crawlspace regulars kept going over there to vandalize it.
    Except for the times when on other boards (guess which ones) where he's talked about causing me physical harm. Wacker called him out on that-- shortly before he was banned on that site.

He had to be reprimanded himself over at the Crawlspace for the way he berated the very message board he was posting on, and then indignantly asked for his own account to be deleted[/URL] (it wasn't, but then he never came back after he figured out that the mods wouldn't cover up his behavior over there).
    I asked for my account to be deleted because of the rude, insulting, and toxic behavior from members and mods on that site. Behavior that the mods on there would not clamp down on.
    Some of the worst has been deleted. But you won't see Metomorphosis/cheesedique call that out for gaslighting. SHOCKING! I know.

It was the first and one of the only times I have done that. I apologized for it on MANY occasions. (The original poster said something offensive and-- if you want to get technical, I didn't tell him to "f*** off"-- I said "go f*** yourself". After over a decade in the industry, it was the first time I'd ever said that online.)

Here's the thing tho:
    Originally, I apologized for it almost immediately.
    The PERSON I WAS RESPONDING TO apologized as well and said that he never should have made the original post I was reacting to in the first place.
    The mods took it down and BOTH parties (me and the poster) thanked the mods for doing that.

And do you know why it's so "famous"?

Because in the brief time it was up, a crawlspacer took a screen grab and ran a whole crawlspace article on it. And then other crawlspacers ran it around the internet.
    It's almost like it's a very toxic and motivated site, right? One whose posters and mods can't wait to stir-the-sh*t. (They are just going to LOVE this thread.)
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 05-15-2017 at 03:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    As a message board poster, when you interact with a comics professional do you hold yourself to a lower standard than them?
    I've tried being respectful, as have others, and it's made no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Doesn't that strike you as a rude thing to say to someone who is clearly fluent in English? Particularly in a thread about online decorum?
    Wasn't meant as rude at all--clearly there is a language barrier at play, which isn't helping the already muddled arguments from that poster.