Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    Dignity? No, all of the Illuminati lost any dignity when they started this. They must die and die horribly, all of them. Weather it be amongst each other (which was totally perfect in this instance) or from some one else (I pray Steve gets to rid himself of Tony Stark soon).

Yes and he only had to murder about over billions and billions of good, innocent people who did absolutely nothing to deserve it what, 15 times? Yeah, if those were all evil alternate universes where everyone was a amoral scumbag such as in Earth-3 I'd be kind of okay with it. But the fact of the matter is they weren't, they murder billions of good people for their own asses and at this point, 616 isn't worth saving at all so might as well let the thing die.
    Well, if that's your criteria, you have no 'facts' that those planets were full of good innocent people. And I guess saving 15 UNIVERSES of good innocent people isn't important either.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    You obviously missed the issue where a Phoenix possessed Namor dropped a wave on Wakanda. Or the issue when Namor saved what was left of his people after the Wakandans committed genocide on them in a sneak attack under a flag of truce, by sending Thanos to Wakanda.
    You mean where BP tries to save Atlantis too? Or where Namor could've chosen literally anywhere but sent them to kill Wakandans?

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    They also saved trillions and trillions.
    By murdering trillions and trillions more. What great guys.

Amazing Member

By murdering trillions and trillions more. What great guys.
    I don't think it was trillions and trillions, in fact, the only alternative was having trillions and trillions more die wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

I was happy Namor said he was wrong and isn't afraid to face the consequences of his action. It was a necessary evil but an evil nonetheless.

Steve was very reasonable here. At the end of the day, it just seemed all the bluster was unnecessary.
    Yeah, the resolution to being able to work together, at least in order to take down the Cabal, was almost too easy, making you wonder why they all wasted so much time. Maybe Tony was still Inverted when he and Steve last spoke and messed up the chance for them to come to any kind of accord for a few months.

Well, if that's your criteria, you have no 'facts' that those planets were full of good innocent people. And I guess saving 15 UNIVERSES of good innocent people isn't important either.
    Who the hell did they save?! The only ones they've saved is their own asses by murdering entire other universes! If they were just blowing up alternate Earths it wouldn't be as horrific but the fact of the matter is that they're killing everyone in those universes! Besides, what "facts" have you that they aren't, cause I sure do. The Justice League expy is an example of a good universe.

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    It's pretty amazing how Hickman has completely flipped the script in one issue. Before toady it was Black Panther fans demanding justice with many saying it was never going to happen; now Namor fans are demanding justice with some claiming T'Challa has movie armor.

I'm sorry this has happened to your favorite character, but I'm pretty sure he'll be back sooner rather than later.
    I haven't seen any Namor fans demanding justice. That's been the song of Black Panther fans, who a week ago were trashing Hickman's handling of Black Panther.

And it's not only killing off Marvel's first superhero, it's how his death wasn't even heroic, and only serves to prop up Black Panther.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Ending the Cabal like that...even if they end up coming back for Secret Wars felt like such a waste.

It was interesting how they convinced the UN to let them operate freely, and even more so how Thanos had been learning stuff about the incursions...and now they are just gone.

I kinda expected them to do more (now, not later).
    I don't think the Cabal is dead (Swan did see Namor leave)' however, I do think they will be trapped in the other universe

To me all the Illuminati but Namor should feel guilty for almost letting two universes be destroyed during the GS incursion (even if someone else saved them), and even worse, the incursion afterwards.

Namor is the hero of the universe. BP and everyone else there (maybe not Strange) were selfish, choosing their own soul over the well being of trillions of beings.

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    I don't think it was trillions and trillions, in fact, the only alternative was having trillions and trillions more die wasn't it?
    No one has to die is the problem! If the Earths are the sole incursion points then why the hell don't they just destroy Earth themselves and relocate to another planet? They've got Ex Nihilo and the others who are turning Mars into fertile planets to sustain life and in the Planet X story line a Celestial blew Earth up and the inhabitants of Planet X NEVER had to deal with any incursions! So screw Earth! Re-locate to another planet that's like it, start over there and blow the abandoned Earth up yourselves before the Incursion can!

The universe is saved, along with any that tries to crash into it and everyone can come out of it not looking like a massive idiot or scumbag as they are here!

Who the hell did they save?! The only ones they've saved is their own asses by murdering entire other universes! If they were just blowing up alternate Earths it wouldn't be as horrific but the fact of the matter is that they're killing everyone in those universes! Besides, what "facts" have you that they aren't, cause I sure do. The Justice League expy is an example of a good universe.
    Clearly, you don't understand how the Incursions work. When the two planets collide, BOTH universes die. If one planet dies, then both UNIVERSES live. Namor didn't blow up a universe, he blew up a planet, and thus saved the entire 616 universe AND the entire universe of the Great Society. It's one planet vs. two universes. Those are the facts.

What? No, they are only destroying the Earth, they save the other universe too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I got that feel too. Like he realized the gravity of the moment would be too light so he added the sword. Still...it did have its effect.
    The Blade was introduced in an earlier NA issue (can't recall which one)

No gloating on my part (at least here). I just really liked this issue. Here's to another 10 issues of pain and suffering to Marvel Earth.

BUT....

I haven't seen any Namor fans demanding justice. That's been the song of Black Panther fans, who a week ago were trashing Hickman's handling of Black Panther.

And it's not only killing off Marvel's first superhero, it's how his death wasn't even heroic, and only serves to prop up Black Panther.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    spoilers:
    i hope that hickman kills off more than marvel's first mutant before he goes.
    end of spoilers t'challa, tony, and blackagon are at the top of that list to go as well as steve.

"Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

nothing says heroic like shivving someone in a back alley with no witnesses.