Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    What dream ?, because the professor's dream has been dead since House of M.
    That's the whole problem, isn't it? When they stop fighting for something real and bigger than themselves, like co-existence, the whole thing becomes too insular.

For me as a reader this is problematic, because I'm not a JGS or Cyke revolution fangirl. I really don't care whose right. The only fans that are liking this, seem to be those with a vested interest in seeing their side/character win. This is no more mature than Call of Duty and Battlefield fans fighting over which FPS is the best.

I want both sides to stop whining like spoiled brats and get on with fighting for something better.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-01-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Spectacular Member

That's not fair. As long as there have been comic nerds the questions have never been "can Cap take Thanos" or "How would the Hulk fare against Bane". It has always been "can Batman beat Superman"

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePriest View Post
    That's not fair. As long as there have been comic nerds the questions have never been "can Cap take Thanos" or "How would the Hulk fare against Bane". It has always been "can Batman beat Superman"
    Yeah, but it doesn't mean Marvel should dedicate a whole freakin' universe to that one pointless principle.

BANNED

Cyclops didnt kill Professor X. Mystique is Cyclops since the schism.

If everything past Messiah complex was suppose to be Cyclops story, it was badly executed.

Cyclops under Fraction was written unintelligent at best.

The very idea of waiting for a Messiah rather than fixing the problem or questing to fix the problem of the decimation, was counter to the very idea of a heroic character to begin with.

Hope Summers...really? Mimic(hell in eXiles alternate Mimic is actually heroic) and Synch have similar powers, in theory how couldn't either of those characters do the same job as she did. Its like Picard waiting fro the first child born after the Borg attacked to save the Federation because, hell the child must be special.

And yes the Gold team could be given a legitimate gripe against Cyclops. Hope didn't repower anyone. Hell it could be written the former mutants could actually suffer under supernatural predation say like Jubilee being turned into a vampire, or simply being targets by supernatural predators because former mutants at their height stymied hunting and feeding on their communities.

It could be written that all the bridges Cyclops burned for Hope, restored not one of their depowerd friends, brought none of their dead back to life, That the Gold team feels it wasn't worth the sacrifices. Because the gold team doesn't see themselves separate from humanity, It could be written that the Gold team doesn't see mutants as a separate race, and the are not simply satisfied with restoring the mutant gene to humanity. Which is more esoteric goal than the practical impact on say "well Cyke my name is mud, my marriage is trashed, I have friends that are still scarred and depowerd. I am sorry, I don't see restoring the power fairy as a victory"

As the self proclaimed leader of mutant kind (At the time) many on the Gold team blame Cyclops, as they put their faith in him and he did not deliver. Or they feel he did not deliver.

That's probably more insightful than wolverines school for witchcraft and wizardry, though it has been an amusing story Gold side so far.
    Last edited by Likewater; 08-01-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Cyclops didnt kill Professor X. Mystique is Cyclops since the schism.
    I wish we can do that and go back to being a family again. Or better yet have that void sliver that is in Cyclops head be the reason all this crap has happen. It was telling people in a low telepathic wave to hate on him, have him do questionable things to push people away.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    I wish we can do that and go back to being a family again. Or better yet have that void sliver that is in Cyclops head be the reason all this crap has happen. It was telling people in a low telepathic wave to hate on him, have him do questionable things to push people away.
    If only. I would love nothing more to see my Holy Trinity restored.
    Ah Good times.
    astonishingXtrio.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I sort of agree with you about Storm and Rachel, I even defended Storm in the preview of this issue. The others… not so much, Wolverine, Beast and Iceman are all so annoyingly hypocritical. Especially in light of their own history and actions. For them to stand around preaching and posturing… Every time I see them I can’t stand them just a little bit more.

What makes this even worse is what you alluded to, its starting to taint the others who aren’t so god-awful. This isn’t helped by most of the JGS books (Adjectivless and WatXM) sucking.
    For me Beast and Iceman's behaviour can be summed up very easily.
    Both are struggling under the pressure of being an X-Man all these years and neither of them like what they've become.
    This is evidenced by that one time Iceman went nuts and froze the world (while infected by part of an Apocalypse seed). Bobby has clearly repressed a lot of issues.
    And then there's poor Hank who is walking further and further down a morally questionable path with his Illuminati shenanigans, time travel games and more.
    All those negative feeling and rage at themselves needs to go somewhere and who better than the poster boy for dark, brooding and questionable actions.

Plus as far as they're concerned he's done all these things and come out the other end completely fine.
    We know that's not true, but they probably don't.
    They just see him on TV shouting for a mutant revolution, appearing on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine and telling everyone it wasn't his fault or that he'd do it all again.
    All the while they're falling apart and hating themselves and hating the world and hating Scott. Ohhhhhh do they hate Scott!
    (Anyway that wasn't summed up easily, but you get my gist)

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Beast is complicit in Namor blowing up 6 billion people in NA (whoever necessary it may have been), and is among those dumb enough to leave a whole cahce of planet killer bombs, thanos and his lieutenants, terrax and black swan all under the completely trustworthy eye of ***king MAXIMUS, on top of contributing to the death of the multiverse through that little trip to the past. and being party to mindfucking cap into his currently avengers uber alles mode
    I was wondering when someone would mention that.
    Beast now has an entire planet full of people to add to his guilty conscience.
    He's gotta be near to a total mental breakdown at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Yeah, Bendis does seem to have a hate-boner on Beast, making it canon that the Watcher hates him. Except in his case, no one can cry OOC.
    Poor Hank, when the Watcher calls around to tell you your horrible, you really must have messed things up.
    I wish Bendis would just have him hit rock bottom already so we can see him climb his way back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    The problem isn’t Cyclops, its schism and schism wasn’t written to prop up Cyclops it was written to prop up the gold side.
    The real problem is that schism sucks. Its an irredeemably bad story idea.
    Schism has always been the main problem with the X-Verse, ever since it's conception characters have been acting like @$$es to fuel it.
    However I don't think it was created to prop up the Gold or the Blue team.
    It was done so Marvel could have some more hero on hero action.
    Because hero fighting hero sells books. Which unfortunately it seems to do.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Not even that.

Beast doesn't like it. He doesn't like it one bit.

And that's pretty much it.
    I maintain that Hank doesn't care about how morally questionable something is as long as he's in on the secret.
    Keep it a secret from him until it's exposed and there will be hell to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Schism is totally editorial mandated. The reason no one has tried to address it, is because Marvel love this whole divided we stand bull.

As long as the X-Men are fighting each other, Marvel doesn't really have to bother thinking up anymore creative villains or really deep story lines. You just throw in some catty BS between everyone favourite characters and it's "gold"!

The problem is it ruins what the core of the X-Men was always about - A family where everyone might not like each all the time, but they'll tolerate one another to get the job done. The motto was any dream worth having, is a dream worth fighting for.

The current X-Men motto - Too busy fighting each other to fight for a dream!

I really feel that this is Morrisson/Whedon's X-Men taken to the extreme. Marvel really believes that what made those books sell was all the juvenile internal conflict, so they've basically now turned all the X-Men into whiny children. To me neither side comes off looking good in this.
    Agree with your post.
    Although I don't think it's that they're taking Morrison and Whendon's X-Men to the X-Treme so much as rehashing the Civil War and Dark Reign formulas that have made them oh so much money over the last decade.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

BANNED

So Bendis somehow managed to incept himself into Aaron's mind and have him publicly lie about being responsible for the tone of his own book rather than the truth that everything he wrote was editorially mandated? He's that powerful folks.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Agree with your post.
    Although I don't think it's that they're taking Morrison and Whendon's X-Men to the X-Treme so much as rehashing the Civil War and Dark Reign formulas that have made them oh so much money over the last decade.
    I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    So Bendis somehow managed to incept himself into Aaron's mind and have him publicly lie about being responsible for the tone of his own book rather than the truth that everything he wrote was editorially mandated? He's that powerful folks.
    Bendis is a mutant!? Kill HIM!

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    I bet he used subliminal messaging.
    Emails and conversations peppered with Cyclops was Right hidden throughout.
    If you thought Cyclops was Right you couldn't help but write things pro Cyclops. Right?

Agree with your post.
    Holy crap I unintentionally wrote X-Treme instead of extreme, that's bad!
    I've been incepted!
    Last edited by anthony_lynch15; 08-01-2014 at 05:09 PM. Reason: x-treme stuff

I bet he used subliminal messaging.
    Emails and conversations peppered with Cyclops was Right hidden throughout.
    If you thought Cyclops was Right you couldn't help but write things pro Cyclops. Right?

Holy crap I unintentionally wrote X-Treme instead of extreme, that's bad!
    I've been incepted!
    so this?

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    so this?

OMG. What if the Malaysian Prime Minister got substituted by Xavier and that led to his death in AvX?!

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    OMG. What if the Malaysian Prime Minister got substituted by Xavier and that led to his death in AvX?!
    Does that mean that Cyclops optic blast is actually Blue Steel?