Quote Originally Posted by SKJoker View Post
    Would you look at the time? Seems like it's half-past "you guys cried wolf on Hickman's run when he treated T'Challa like a beast."

Silly Doomwar stuff? Hickman wrote a Wakanda that was smart enough to avoid being crippled so easily. Only went down to all of Thanos's forces - and it all came back. Set up for success. T'Challa was a genius. Had feats. Had cool tech. Used the IG to fight Doom effectively, and even his loss was a win.

Ah... but he cried in a totally reasonable situation. But he didn't manage to kill Namor. Thus, garbage run. 0/10

And then, enter Coates.
    I still think the crying complaint was pretty stupid. Apparently some felt T'Challa was more a Vulcan than an Wakandan.

Would you look at the time? Seems like it's half-past "you guys cried wolf on Hickman's run when he treated T'Challa like a beast."

Silly Doomwar stuff? Hickman wrote a Wakanda that was smart enough to avoid being crippled so easily. Only went down to all of Thanos's forces - and it all came back. Set up for success. T'Challa was a genius. Had feats. Had cool tech. Used the IG to fight Doom effectively, and even his loss was a win.

Ah... but he cried in a totally reasonable situation. But he didn't manage to kill Namor. Thus, garbage run. 0/10

And then, enter Coates.
    I am one of the few people who wasn't bothered by the crying and all. I had my issues with Hickman but this isn't one of them.

And then, enter Coates.
    Hickmans kinda like coates.

Promise something in first couple issues, fail to deliver, handwave it away. :P

My favotite part of the run was seeing wakanda beat back the bkack order on panel...

Oh...

Shields and teleporting was cool tho...

(I actually like the story but there were abundant issues imo. The cry aint one of them)
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-16-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

And then, enter Coates.
    We can take off the rose tinted glasses. The crying? it wasn't reasonable it made zero sense why he would cry in that situation, it was weak scene it's not the end all or anything, there wee much bigger issues then that, but it was still stupid.

Also in SW II he ended up broken at Dooms feet just like in Mayberrys doomwar. T'Challa had some good moments but each one was preceded by or followed after some bad bumbling moment
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-16-2018 at 05:08 PM.

the main complaint about Hickman's run had to do with Namor as it was hot off AvX. Not to mention how his run dragged on forever only to ultimately roll back time so none of the events actually happened
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    we can take off the rose tinted glasses. The crying? it wasn't reasonable it made zero sense why he would cry in that situation, it was weak scene. Also in SW II he ended up broken at Dooms feet just like in Mayberrys doomwar. T'Challa had some good moments but each one was preceded by or followed after some bad bumbling moment
    How did the crying not make sense? T'Challa was essentially sentencing 2 entire universes to death because he was unable to compromise his beliefs and murder billions of people. His friends, family and loved ones were all going to die because he was unable to act. His father was screaming at him to save everyone and he couldn't do it. Anyone in that situation could crack in such an impossible situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    the main complaint about Hickman's run and to do with Namor as it was hot off AvX. Not to mention how his run dragged on forever only to ultimately roll back time so none of the events actually happened
    Breevort confirmed that all of it actually did happen though.

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...nther-used-the

From Ture over at the HEF. Lowering expectations for anyone who thought this was going to be good for WK. lol. He started Coates; first reboot on one knee. lol

Stand up. You are a King.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    You're taking quotes and everything that follows is a reach, because the quotes don't say anything that supports your argument. The crux of the argument is that BP is a mantle, which leaps to Shuri becoming BP.

This is just like people who think Lebron is going to the Lakers. "Omg he's got a house in LA." "Look he's in LA he must be going to the Lakers." same thing. The quotes you've presented are so plain jane and generic. You could spin it that way if you want but at this point its just spin.

the only thing that gives this idea legs is that it happened in the comics.
    Hope you realize for me I don't draw anything from these interviews other than the possibility of these things happening. (Nothing is confirmed)

And if they do get confirmed I don't believe they'll happen too quickly but these things will eventually happen.
    Last edited by N'Jadaka; 05-16-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Stand up. You are a King.
    Judging from the handcuffs, I'm not sure he has a choice in the matter.

And then, enter Coates.
    I was not a fan of T’Challa being willing to consult outsiders about the incursions (however capable they may be), while refusing to consult his people, especially when the first victims of the incursions crisis we see on panel were Wakandans.

On top of that, T’Challa was committing a treasonous act by harboring a man—Namor—that just killed thousands of his people on Wakandan soil, and doing it behind his people’s back while Wakanda was at war with Atlantis.

All this culminated to him (and most of the Illuminati members) pretending as if they were gonna do what they claimed they were going to do. Only Cap and Namor were honest about what lines they were willing to cross. The rest, T’Challa included, acted like phonies in the end. By the time the crying scene occurred, I lost a lot of sympathy for T’Challa at that point. He should’ve seen it coming from miles away.

Strictly as a story, Hickman’s run is well done. His portrayal of T’Challa, however, brought out the strongest reaction outta me compared to all the runs, Coates’ included.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-16-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Breevort confirmed that all of it actually did happen though.

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...nther-used-the
    He didn't read.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I was not a fan of T’Challa being willing to consult outsiders about the incursions (however capable they may be), while refusing to consult his people, especially when the first victims of the incursions crisis we see on panel were Wakandans.

On top of that, T’Challa was committing a treasonous act by harboring a man—Namor—that just killed thousands of his people on Wakandan soul, and doing it behind his people’s back while his people are at war with Atlantis.

All this culminated to him (and most of the Illuminati members) pretending as if they were gonna do what they claimed they were going to do. Only Cap and Namor were honest about what they were willing to do. The rest, T’Challa included, acted like phonies in the end. By the time the crying scene occurred, I lost a lot of sympathy for T’Challa at that point. He should’ve seen it coming from miles away.

Strictly as a story, Hickman’s run is well done. His portrayal of T’Challa brought out the strongest reaction outta me compared to all the runs, Coates’ included.
    That was one of the things which annoyed me about the Illuminati.. their inability to not see them being able to detonate the bomb a mile away. Later in Time Runs Out, they brag to Steve how they are so smart they are capable of predicting Steves actions with 90% probability or whatever... but they didn't bother using that intellect to bother asking whether or not they were actually willing to detonate the bombs they were busy building.

Though I guess that's why Namor was needed. He was their ace in the hole in case any of them got cold feet. T'Challa told his father they needed Namor... and he ended up being right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That was one of the things which annoyed me about the Illuminati.. their inability to not see them being able to detonate the bomb a mile away. Later in Time Runs Out, they brag to Steve how they are so smart they are capable of predicting Steves actions with 90% probability or whatever... but they didn't bother using that intellect to bother asking whether or not they were actually willing to detonate the bombs they were busy building.

Though I guess that's why Namor was needed. He was their ace in the hole in case any of them got cold feet. T'Challa told his father they needed Namor... and he ended up being right.
    I think the bigger problem was these so called super geniuses not putting any damn effort into actually investigating the causes of the incursions