Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Good thing this was merely a "fluffy filler while the baddie is gearing for genocide" kind of deal, lol. Are we seriously not going to discuss the hilarious possibility of Evil Orchis Dude fridging a sizeable portion of Arakko and Earth's populace adoring him for it?

I don't know what being good at magic has to do with anything. There were on the astral plane, he'd lose that fight 10 times out of 10.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Perhaps that's yet to come, as these two characters move closer to addressing their "lost time" spent in the Vault.
    Odds are against them.

When telling stories it is critical to show these things rather than telling them.

There's lot of popular media outside comics where writers want to push a certain romance and instead of showing us what makes this romance great they instead tell you it's great and you just need to trust them. These romances usually fail from the beginning because people want to come to their own conclusion instead of believing a strangers.

The really great romances are usually shown from the beginning and we see it grow with time.

A romance btw them that would work would be if they fell involve AFTER returning to Krakoa (or if the Vault team had had their own book to show this romance). Laura would have memory loss and going to "Vault therapy" with Sync to help them deal with their separate vault trauma would slowly bring them closer.

Why do Sync fans even want this? Most of the Laura fans seem to hate it or don't care much, and his rising popularity has nothing to do with him being in a romance or Laura.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 10-14-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Good thing this was merely a "fluffy filler while the baddie is gearing for genocide" kind of deal, lol. Are we seriously not going to discuss the hilarious possibility of Evil Orchis Dude fridging a sizeable portion of Arakko and Earth's populace adoring him for it?
    It's too early to know what Kelvin Heng wants exactly. To my mind he wants to empower himself to fight Arraki for a human seat on the Sol council..which I presume doesn't exist.

This has me crying...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is the same Jean Grey that neutralized symbiote god, Knull when everyone else seemed ineffective towards him

But doesnt all his power come from when a person is sleeping? He affects the person on the Astral plane which is Jean's playground. What could he have realistically have done to her?

And as far as this fear that she can take on 99% of the X-men's problems is a gross exaggeration. This was one issue against a mental threat. Her TP was useless in the first issue when that creature had TP resistance and Jean's role amounted to delegating orders and shielding the civilians. The entire team combined their powers to beat the threat. In #2, she used her powers to get intel to inform Sunfire, how he could beat the threat. She didnt really do anything in #3 besides project a TP image and TK shield herself when attacked. Duggan isnt about to have her oneshot the enemies from here on out.
    He's a mind hacker and the hack is more powerful the more fear the victim has. People keep saying he's an enemy of Strange but I've only seen him fight Hulk and Spider-Man.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Odds are against them.

When telling stories it is critical to show these things rather than telling them.

There's lot of popular media outside comics where writers want to push a certain romance and instead of showing us what makes this romance great they instead tell you it's great and you just need to trust them. These romances usually fail from the beginning because people want to come to their own conclusion instead of believing a strangers.

The really great romances are usually shown from the beginning and we see it grow with time.

Why do Sync fans even want this? Most of the Laura fans seem to hate it or don't care much, and his rising popularity has nothing to do with him being in a romance or Laura.
    I'm a Synch fan and I feel the whole thing is set up to fail..and not because there is not enough to go on. I don't have to be told what Laura feels in the vault to validate what Synch feels.I just think the writers by qualifying that 'she doesn't want to love him' despite not having any memory to hinge that disposition on is just making an already difficult situation insufferable.Synch should cut his losses

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He's a mind hacker and the hack is more powerful the more fear the victim has. People keep saying he's an enemy of Strange but I've only seen him fight Hulk and Spider-Man.
    He's stomped strange multiple times:-

1)Defeating Doctor Strange in an almost downright stomp after the later challenges him in the Dream-Dimension(Strange Tales Vol.2#7)

2) Nightmare easily spanking both Doctor Strange and Sleepwalker in the Dream Dimension, but what truly makes this fear impressive is that Sleepwalker now has limitless abilities and night-infinity power(Basically the powers of any heroes in the MU, such as the Hulk and so on) while inside the dreams(Moon Girl and the Devil Dinosaur#41)

There are a few more like making him into stone, stopping him from crossing into his dimension, etc. and he has multiple mass feats like the one posted and a few more where he took over everyone/all magic people/etc. which includes strange
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-14-2021 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Wow. I know Jean is powerful. But she handled Nightmare like he was nothing. Nightmare is a fear lord that causes problems for the sorcerer supreme. For Jean to just bat him away like a he was a fly.... that's something else.

Not sure how I feel about Jean having this kind of power.
    It was such a delicious moment. Jean to gods and demons...

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    It's too early to know what Kelvin Heng wants exactly. To my mind he wants to empower himself to fight Arraki for a human seat on the Sol council..which I presume doesn't exist.
    Sounds more like what what Gyrich/Orchis wants, though, doesn't it? The dude did go on about them thinking too small.

This is the same Jean Grey that neutralized symbiote god, Knull when everyone else seemed ineffective towards him
    I saw this after posting those pages. Agreed.

But doesnt all his power come from when a person is sleeping? He affects the person on the Astral plane which is Jean's playground. What could he have realistically have done to her?
    Exactly.

Her TP was useless in the first issue when that creature had TP resistance and Jean's role amounted to delegating orders and shielding the civilians...
    Not completely useless (I get what you mean, though)...

However, she should have been able to handle the alien with her telekinesis. I mean, she flung a space skyscraper at escape velocity (11,250+ mph) outside of Mars' orbit, so...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    However, she should have been able to handle the alien with her telekinesis. I mean, she flung a space skyscraper at escape velocity (11,250+ mph) outside of Mars' orbit, so...

Agreed, could have held him at worst or just plane tossed him into space at best.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Sounds more like what what Gyrich/Orchis wants, though, doesn't it? The dude did go on about them thinking too small.
    Well I think that would be his first salvo, I'm sure he won't stop there we could be in for a reveal that he is another scientist echoing or continuing the work of Dr.Richard Palance..if you remember that guy..If that's the case then he is thinking big

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    These fandom wars make me sad. I'm a fan of all the X-Men, some more than others, but I love them all.
    Don't be sad, Sibling.
    Let's go to the Red Lagoon and drink and party and not pay any of those useless, pointless "wars" any mind. We are fans of all the X-Men and as such we should remain apart from the petty squabblings.

To ALL the X-Men!!! *raises glass
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    We are fans of all the X-Men and as such we should remain apart from the petty squabblings.

To ALL the X-Men!!! *raises glass
    I wish we all felt this way. I try, I really do, even though, admittedly, I have my biases against one or two characters (tops!). But yeah, we all should try to be more inclusive.