Page 375 of 827 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Stuff moves fast on the net. So before that became a thing and every website was posting on it, he made the choice to release some info.
    That's exactly my point. Berlanti made a choice. A choice he didn't have to make. He wasn't--as some have implied or outright stated--forced into it by Waid's crybaby fanboy rant. He chose to respond to Waid in a way that undercut whatever suspense still existed in the Zoom storyline. But it was Berlanti's choice, so if people are ticked off that the story has been "spoiled" the person to be ticked off at is Berlanti, not Waid.

BANNED

Lets be honest here, these Berlanti shows don't exactly give a damn do they? Waid was right to throw that tantrum. This Zoom bears no resemblance to the comic character at all, Black Canary has been slaughtered by this universe, wouldn't have surprised me one bit if they had planned on merging Jay and Zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Lets be honest here, these Berlanti shows don't exactly give a damn do they? Waid was right to throw that tantrum. This Zoom bears no resemblance to the comic character at all, Black Canary has been slaughtered by this universe, wouldn't have surprised me one bit if they had planned on merging Jay and Zoom.
    Again, this wouldn't have surprised me either. I'm still very critical of the decision to fridge Black Canary. It comes down to the nature of how they write these shows. They don't have every episode written at the beginning of the season. Now it has allowed them to do some cool things like have Flash meet Supergirl, but what bothers me is they didn't have a plan for who was in that grave at the beginning of the season. With that in mind, I can't really suspect there was some grand plan with the storyline of the Flash this season as far as the Zoom character is concerned. I'm hoping I'm having some fan theories confirmed that this version of Zoom is just possessed by the Rival. I'm willing to watch the rest of the seasons with an open mind to see where they go.

Oops. Accidental double post.
    Last edited by Ace Venom; 04-24-2016 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Accidental double post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Venom View Post
    Again, this wouldn't have surprised me either. I'm still very critical of the decision to fridge Black Canary. It comes down to the nature of how they write these shows. They don't have every episode written at the beginning of the season. Now it has allowed them to do some cool things like have Flash meet Supergirl, but what bothers me is they didn't have a plan for who was in that grave at the beginning of the season. With that in mind, I can't really suspect there was some grand plan with the storyline of the Flash this season as far as the Zoom character is concerned. I'm hoping I'm having some fan theories confirmed that this version of Zoom is just possessed by the Rival. I'm willing to watch the rest of the seasons with an open mind to see where they go.
    Yup and they also turned Cyborg Superman in to Martian Manhunter... I'm not sure what the creative process is followed at Berlanti Production assuming they follow one at all. I like this Zoom but he's basically a Bane and Venom love child. He's absolutely nothing like comic Zoom.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

From the promos before the start of the season when we first saw Zoom in a suit that looked more like a combination of the Black Flash and Black Lantern Flash, instead of the classic Reverse Flash yellow and red suit with slightly different eyes, it's been pretty clear the show has always had something else in mind for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he assumed the boot would work because:

A. It worked on him when Patty used it.

B. It was presumably designed for use against Speedsters.

So on that front I could understand why Barry would be confident in it, though he should've had a plan in-case Zoom had a way of getting out of it given how powerful and skilled he is. Just because Barry couldn't do it, doesn't mean Zoom can't..
    Sure, the boot is step one, but then how do you further contain him? That's like putting Grodd in handcuffs, knowing he has telepathy, and then Flash claps his hands together as a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Which is why Waid shouldn't have posted anything until he got all of the facts straight, IMO, since it seemed pretty apparent to me that Jay wasn't the Jay.
    True enough, I mean, comic book writers know things can change before the end of the arc and there are fake outs and whatnot, but...I like seeing viewer reaction from pros.

Yup and they also turned Cyborg Superman in to Martian Manhunter... I'm not sure what the creative process is followed at Berlanti Production assuming they follow one at all. I like this Zoom but he's basically a Bane and Venom love child. He's absolutely nothing like comic Zoom.
    They planned on Hank Henshaw being J'onn J'onzz from the very beginning. That's why you kept seeing the glowing red eyes. It was a classic fake-out to the people that Googled Hank Henshaw and saw that Harrison Wells turned out to be evil so expected Hank to be the evil Cyborg Superman. Now a lot of stuff they make up as they go along, like killing Astra because Laura Benanti had a Broadway show and couldn't be on Supergirl anymore, but Hank being J'onn wasn't one of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They planned on Hank Henshaw being J'onn J'onzz from the very beginning. That's why you kept seeing the glowing red eyes. It was a classic fake-out to the people that Googled Hank Henshaw and saw that Harrison Wells turned out to be evil so expected Hank to be the evil Cyborg Superman. Now a lot of stuff they make up as they go along, like killing Astra because Laura Benanti had a Broadway show and couldn't be on Supergirl anymore, but Hank being J'onn wasn't one of them.

Cyborg Supes can make his eyes glow red too and Harewood talked about Cyborg Supes arc as well. It's an idiotic reveal, like introducing Bruce Wayne and saying that he is Oswald Cobblepot all along and the only clue was an umbrella that was used.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    True enough, I mean, comic book writers know things can change before the end of the arc and there are fake outs and whatnot, but...I like seeing viewer reaction from pros.
    I'm not against creator reaction, either, but, IMO, at least wait until all the puzzle pieces have been filled first before reacting.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They planned on Hank Henshaw being J'onn J'onzz from the very beginning.
    No, they didn't. Both Kreisberg and David Harewood (the actor who plays Henshaw/J'onzz) said as much in an interviews immediately following the reveal. It wasn't until after they'd cast Harewood that they got the idea of turning Henshaw into Martian Manhunter, and the producers didn't actually tell Harewood about the change until a few weeks into filming.

Fantastic Member

It's not the comics though, it doesn't have to follow the comic. Why is that still a thing that people argue about?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMatrix View Post
    It's not the comics though, it doesn't have to follow the comic. Why is that still a thing that people argue about?
    Because . . . fans on the internet.

BANNED

i sure hope today's storms in texas don't cause so much problems for me that I'm unable to watch

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'm thinking they are going to use the Parallax defence here.

'You can't lock up the darkness' - because the darkness is some speed force demon 'possessing' Jay
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God