Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thing is, if Bruce was all about preparing for the League turning on the world, he went about it the wrong way. No one but Bruce knew about these plans until Ra's used them on the League. Bruce keeping his plans a secret not only means the League is screwed when something like that happens, but that he acts unilaterally on when these plans should be put into effect. Not to mention, what would have happened if Bruce died and took the knowledge of these plans with him?

What Bruce should have done was have it so every police officer was equipped with a Kryptonite gun or vibra-bullet. He'd have sold the anti Wonder Woman nanites and anti- Aquaman gas for military use. He'd have made sure every single Green Lantern underwent whatever procedure he put on Kyle.

In short, yes Bruce was right that contingencies against the League needed to be taken. He was wrong in trying to police them himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Why does Batman have to make contingencies for the Joker all the time? Seriously. When it comes down to it, he's a civilian volunteer doing his city an invaluable service by stopping a terrorist lunatic from murdering thousands of people. The cops can't do it, he can. He not only outwits and defeats this guy on a regular basis, he leaves him gift-wrapped for civil authorities to put away uh, forever. They're the ones not following through. By letting him escape over and over and forcing Bruce to go after him over and over again, they are demonstrating incredible incompetence and liability for the Joker's antics. And yet, where are the cries for them to be punished for their failures? Why is it always "Why doesn't Batman just kill Joker?" "Batman is responsible for the Joker's murders!" "It's batman's fault, batman's fault, batman's fault!"

I say unto thee, NAY! It's not Batman's fault. He's not responsible for his stupid city government that keeps dropping the ball, he's not responsible for the stupid citizens of Gotham who insist on making their city a hostile living hell, and he's definitely not responsible for the Joker so much as scratching the paint in his jail cell, much less killing anyone. He's doing everything he can to make his town a better place, it's everyone else who keeps failing.
    Because Bruce, for whatever reason, is the only one who can stop the Joker. He's the one who can catch him, he's the one the Joker can't (or won't) kill. And with his wealth and resources he could easily fix the problems that plague Gotham. Hell, him joining the police force would probably do more to boost moral than anything he's done as Batman.

Look INJUSTICE or.. the JL Lords Universe...

Of course, he is right..

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    He would have been in the wrong if DC hadn't gone out of it's way to keep making storylines where the members of the Justice League went rogue.
    This! Of all the times Aquaman went rouge if a few bad apples pollute the waters or trespass in his territory then starts to threaten the surface world only for the Leaguers to forget about it the next day? Or whenever Superman gets mind controlled especially the times he nearly killed Batman? Or Wonder Woman snapping a villain's next and not pondering if she would do it again? The members who voted him out were pretty much contradicting themselves and are in denial for ever going rouge or forgetting the times that they did happen. It also makes me believe that they are threatened by Batman always going one up on them and having contingency plans when they have not. I honestly expected better from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    This! Of all the times Aquaman went rouge if a few bad apples pollute the waters or trespass in his territory then starts to threaten the surface world only for the Leaguers to forget about it the next day? Or whenever Superman gets mind controlled especially the times he nearly killed Batman? Or Wonder Woman snapping a villain's next and not pondering if she would do it again? The members who voted him out were pretty much contradicting themselves and are in denial for ever going rouge or forgetting the times that they did happen. It also makes me believe that they are threatened by Batman always going one up on them and having contingency plans when they have not. I honestly expected better from them.
    I think you're confusing Aquaman for Namor. Superman gave Bruce a Kryptonite ring and admitted he had a point. And Wonder Woman killing a bad guy who was going to murder billions and then turning herself over to the authorities who found her innocent isn't even relevant here. That's not proof she's a threat. She's shown more respect for the law and the opinions of the people it is supposed to protect than Bruce. A better example would be every time Bruce has resisted arrest when framed for a crime. He's the one who contradicts his behavior.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    "Of all the times".

What times are those, exactly? Aquaman tends to want to clean his own mess. He doesn`t plan on taking down Leaguers over something trivial like lack of security when he`s supposed to be the security nut of the bunch. It`s not even about the plans but execution. He went at it the wrong way in two major storylines and was a total ass to everyone in either of them.

You betcha I was among the fans who wanted Booster to fry the crap out of him for being a sanctimonious boob.

BANNED

[QUOTE=Handsome men don't lose fights;2869664]Why does Batman have to make contingencies for the Joker all the time? Seriously. When it comes down to it, he's a civilian volunteer doing his city an invaluable service by stopping a terrorist lunatic from murdering thousands of people. The cops can't do it, he can. He not only outwits and defeats this guy on a regular basis, he leaves him gift-wrapped for civil authorities to put away uh, forever. They're the ones not following through. By letting him escape over and over and forcing Bruce to go after him over and over again, they are demonstrating incredible incompetence and liability for the Joker's antics. And yet, where are the cries for them to be punished for their failures? Why is it always "Why doesn't Batman just kill Joker?" "Batman is responsible for the Joker's murders!" "It's batman's fault, batman's fault, batman's fault!"

I say unto thee, NAY! It's not Batman's fault. He's not responsible for his stupid city government that keeps dropping the ball, he's not responsible for the stupid citizens of Gotham who insist on making their city a hostile living hell, and he's definitely not responsible for the Joker so much as scratching the paint in his jail cell, much less killing anyone. He's doing everything he can to make his town a better place, it's everyone else who keeps failing.

It is his responsability, or part of it, the moment he resists against others wanting to put a finale on the Joker mess and decides to drag him to Arkham again knowing deep down he`ll keep escaping.

100%. The Justice League are potentially the most dangerous group of individuals on the planet. It'd have been foolish not to set up some safeguards in case any of them went rogue.
    Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

Most of the JL has gone bad for a time
    Hal turned into Parallax
    Wonder Woman has shown to have compromised loyalties with her amazon sisters
    Cyborg and his grid issues
    Aquaman will literally attack the surface world if his people ask
    etc

Bruce would be foolish not to plan for those events

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if some of the people in this thread know anything about Aquaman. At all.

Sure but him just having those plans on his computer was bad writing. it makes much more sense if Batman just memorized those plans. But having those plans in of itself was a smart idea

Most of the JL has gone bad for a time
    Wonder Woman has shown to have compromised loyalties with her amazon sisters
    Such as when?

Cyborg and his grid issues
    Pretty sure that got taken care of

Etc
    Just for the record, you do know the difference between Aquaman and Namor, right?

The only thing you’ve got right it Hal becoming Parallax.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Sure but him just having those plans on his computer was bad writing. it makes much more sense if Batman just memorized those plans. But having those plans in of itself was a smart idea
    There's still the problems of telepathy or amnesia. Like I said, it would have been better if he just distributed anti-League technology for human forces to defend themselves.

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Actually, I remember when Identity Crisis came out and revealed that Zatanna mindwiped Batman in the Satellite Era. Unwittingly, Meltzer provided even another strong/understandable reason for Batman's contingencies in Tower of Babel.
    Bingo. I don't have a problem with the idea, seeing as how Morrison's Batman is uber and plans for everything, but his deep distrust of teammates was definitely reinforced by Identity Crisis. Beforehand, it was a contingency for when/if the Leaguers came under mind control from enemies, as shown in Mark Waid's The Silver Age miniseries as well as other stories. Makes sense to me, and it's good tension/drama.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    Bingo. I don't have a problem with the idea, seeing as how Morrison's Batman is uber and plans for everything, but his deep distrust of teammates was definitely reinforced by Identity Crisis. Beforehand, it was a contingency for when/if the Leaguers came under mind control from enemies, as shown in Mark Waid's The Silver Age miniseries as well as other stories. Makes sense to me, and it's good tension/drama.
    What makes I.Crisis even more interesting in relation to Tower of Babel is the stories after I.Crisis that suggested that the mindwipe in the Sat Era (long before T. of Babel) didn't exactly work and that Batman sensed that he was mindwiped. Which...would fit as a sort of subconscious reason then for his T. of Babel contingencies.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if some of the people in this thread know anything about Aquaman. At all.
    Ding ding Injustice.