Page 111 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2261

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    People, I think you are letting your pessimism lead you too far, he hasn't appeared in anything other than the first house of x image (and nowhere near her) and we know that Hickman isn't dealing with current comics, if he was going to be dating one of the top 5 and that Hickman himself said she is going to be even more important he would be appearing in any team image, we don't have any evidence that anything from that AU will affect Hickman's work, he doesn't seem like a guy who lets himself be imposed upon (one of the main reasons why I think he will make original Claremont's run level of changes)
    Ahh. I, too was once this naive. Like, 3 thread pages ago HAH!

But it really seems like Hickman either asked for this or Marvel’s mandating they don’t get back together because they’ve been pushing Jean away from Scott for a while now. Not to mention, in an interview, Hickman said besides a few extremely minor story beats, the current writers were free to do whatever they wanted. I’m assuming the minor beats they had to hit was keep Jean with someone other than Scott, no?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Ahh. I, too was once this naive. Like, 3 thread pages ago HAH!

But it really seems like Hickman either asked for this or Marvel’s mandating they don’t get back together because they’ve been pushing Jean away from Scott for a while now. Not to mention, in an interview, Hickman said besides a few extremely minor story beats, the current writers were free to do whatever they wanted. I’m assuming the minor beats they had to hit was keep Jean with someone other than Scott, no?
    They already said that this was the AOX-men writer's idea

Instead of depressing ourselves about things that aren't certain and even have evidence against we should dedicate our time in welcoming Storm to the Summers/Grey family (which we all suspected since Major X #1) I'm sure that's going to go well (and no, I'm not serious on that last one)

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Don’t our boys deserve their redheads?
    Yeah they do lol. With regards to peter/mj. I was turned off by the spidey books when they did that gwen and osborn thing bc quesada wouldn't sign off on peter having kids. One more day was kinda the final nail in the coffin. Though I heard the Spencer series is good. So I may pick up the trades

Instead of depressing ourselves about things that aren't certain and even have evidence against we should dedicate our time in welcoming Storm to the Summers/Grey family (which we all suspected since Major X #1) I'm sure that's going to go well (and no, I'm not serious on that last one)
    Oh. My. God. Don’t even get me started on that. So weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Yeah they do lol. With regards to peter/mj. I was turned off by the spidey books when they did that gwen and osborn thing bc quesada wouldn't sign off on peter having kids. One more day was kinda the final nail in the coffin. Though I heard the Spencer series is good. So I may pick up the trades

Yeah, everyone ignores Sins past. Even Marvel, lol. Peter and MJ aren’t married but they’re dating again thanks to Spencer. Closer than Jott, huh? There are signs they’re going to confront OMD soon, so I’m hoping they do address it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Lol, that was awesome. Best news of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Lol, that was awesome. Best news of the day.
    I need an updated family tree, now it's official that the Summers/ Grey family is the strongest multiversal group, with Storm's addition I wonder if it's correct to say that this adds Black Panther. We need the Summers/Grey version of the Interdimensional Council of Reeds

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Wow, based on today’s issue it looks like it won’t be Jott going forward, but Jean/Bishop even in 616. That’s a bummer. I wonder if Hickman requested this shift hmmm
    No, it's not. Why are people insisting on this pairing? It was an afterthought and Hickman begun writing this long before AoXM. The "relationship" won't ever be mentioned again once the event ends.

I generally avoid getting in the middle of discussions around what writers have said and what readers have speculated and/or gleaned from a few quotes here and there. But I feel like people are making some fairly lofty assumptions about the future of Cyclops/Jean.

What the writers say in interviews rarely amounts to much. Nobody in X-Men Monday indicated that they were in favor of breaking Scott/Jean up for good. Most just favored them being apart for a while and developing on their own. I actually support this. We saw just how great Jean could be on her own in X-Men Red. She and Scott don't have to always be around one another to develop. They can do their own thing and still be a couple. In fact, that's what healthy couples are supposed to do. Sure, a few writers stated that they didn't like the pairing, but it's not like they're the ones determining the future of this relationship. JDW has gone on record as saying Scott is very much Jean's endgame and vice versa. They're an iconic love story and for good reason. Recent comics, going back to Phoenix Resurrection and the O5 X-Men, have only affirmed the strength of their love and on-panel, no less. I think that's a pretty good sign that they're not attempting to utterly undo the relationship, One More Day style.

Age of X-Man is certainly a complication, but there's no hint that there's a deeper romance brewing with Bishop, nor is there any sign that it'll become another messy love triangle. Given that this whole relationship had little substance behind it and only emerged due to extensive reality warping doesn't set it up as a meaningful romance that will blossom. At most, it feels more like a fling. Plus, Bishop has not been on much promotional material for House of X and Powers of X. But there has been plenty of artwork showing Scott and Jean working on the same team with one another. While they may not be together, the fact they're around one another usually means they'll be drawn to one another eventually. That's something X-Men Blue nicely demonstrated in its finale. Logan even acknowledged that in Grant Morrison's run.

I know it has been rough for Scott/Jean fans for many years. But even as they were deconstructed in the comics, their relationship has popped up in many other mediums and remains a critical aspect of the overall X-Men mythos. There's no sign that's changing, but there's plenty to indicate that there will be a fresh batch of drama. And honestly, I'm excited about that because that kind of drama brings out the best in both of them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I wish I had your optimism MarvelMaster. I tried to replicate it, but my fire’s burnt out now.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I wish I had your optimism MarvelMaster. I tried to replicate it, but my fire’s burnt out now.
    Same for me when it comes to fav. characters & pairings. BUT in terms of JOTT they may eventually get their time.

I remember the ROMY thread a year ago was in misery at all the Rogue pairings, and some trolling from Duggan. Now they got their own mini & a good maxi for their OTP.

Just a matter of waiting & hoping you finally get a turn to be excited. rather than constant disappointment while watching others be excited. lol

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't hate other characters and don't hate Wolverine or Bishop. For me it is not about Jean being a property but to be honest I just really like Scott and his interactions with Jean, i feel that for all the problems they have had they have also shared so many special things. I hope that if they aren't together marvel at least leaves the drama aside and shows them having good interactions.
    _____x-men-animated-series-phoenix-marvel-girl.jpg
    D7Rz5bFW4AEXf6b.jpg
    uncanny-x-men-129-dark-phoenix-cyclops-embrace.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-12-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I generally avoid getting in the middle of discussions around what writers have said and what readers have speculated and/or gleaned from a few quotes here and there. But I feel like people are making some fairly lofty assumptions about the future of Cyclops/Jean.

What the writers say in interviews rarely amounts to much. Nobody in X-Men Monday indicated that they were in favor of breaking Scott/Jean up for good. Most just favored them being apart for a while and developing on their own. I actually support this. We saw just how great Jean could be on her own in X-Men Red. She and Scott don't have to always be around one another to develop. They can do their own thing and still be a couple. In fact, that's what healthy couples are supposed to do. Sure, a few writers stated that they didn't like the pairing, but it's not like they're the ones determining the future of this relationship. JDW has gone on record as saying Scott is very much Jean's endgame and vice versa. They're an iconic love story and for good reason. Recent comics, going back to Phoenix Resurrection and the O5 X-Men, have only affirmed the strength of their love and on-panel, no less. I think that's a pretty good sign that they're not attempting to utterly undo the relationship, One More Day style.

Age of X-Man is certainly a complication, but there's no hint that there's a deeper romance brewing with Bishop, nor is there any sign that it'll become another messy love triangle. Given that this whole relationship had little substance behind it and only emerged due to extensive reality warping doesn't set it up as a meaningful romance that will blossom. At most, it feels more like a fling. Plus, Bishop has not been on much promotional material for House of X and Powers of X. But there has been plenty of artwork showing Scott and Jean working on the same team with one another. While they may not be together, the fact they're around one another usually means they'll be drawn to one another eventually. That's something X-Men Blue nicely demonstrated in its finale. Logan even acknowledged that in Grant Morrison's run.

I know it has been rough for Scott/Jean fans for many years. But even as they were deconstructed in the comics, their relationship has popped up in many other mediums and remains a critical aspect of the overall X-Men mythos. There's no sign that's changing, but there's plenty to indicate that there will be a fresh batch of drama. And honestly, I'm excited about that because that kind of drama brings out the best in both of them.
    I'll add that Rosenberg mentioned that Scott and Jean must "work" again in their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

I have to say that I really love your optimism, I'm a really pessimist guy but you get me to think possitive, you are one of the few reason why I'm still reading comics (and I love your fanfics, I must have read the old ones a couple of dozen times each, I still have to catch up with X-men Supreme)