Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    X-Bros....
    Alternatively:

“Bromo Superior” is actually more interesting to me than ideal dream casts.

What does Xavier’s Dream do to mutants who form bands that aren’t carried by O5, ANAD, NM or GX “student bodies”?

They would NOT create collective identity using archaic 1960’s slang.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

For ***'s sake. Heal Hellion's hands.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think we can agree that it was forced, but it wasn't a bad thing to try and we got some great stuff out of it.
    I don't have a problem with trying new things. look at uncanny x-men. adding logan, storm, colossus, etc worked. I guess my problem with it was that they took major characters off the board all at once, and the replacements were all right, but at the end of the day, I want to read about tony, steve and thor. There is a reason these characters have been around for decades. Also, you can have jane foster thor and odinson around at the same time. or riri and tony. i mean, it's happening right now, so why wipe characters off the board?

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    usually, when sjw's or whoever complain, they generally don't read comics or watch the movie they are complaining about. people today complain just to complain and be seen and heard. If they knew anything about the x-men and the team, i'm not sure how there would be a problem with the name since it represents both men and women. is mankind problematic too? Also, it doesn't take a genius to see when something is forced. when marvel got rid of thor, captain america, iron man, and all those other characters so they could promote less interesting characters, that was forced. I like Falcon, the jane foster thor stuff was fine, but it really wasn't the characters many wanted to read about. This was a big debacle and ended with someone at marvel admitting to forced inclusivity and then back tracking.
    Whenever people that you deem 'sjws' complain, they don't read the material. I doubt that's anywhere close to the truth. Also, that doesn't make it forced. You were still clearly getting stories about Steve, Thor, and Tony. If those weren't the stories you wanted to be told, then that's another issue. No one was screaming "FORCED! FORCED!" when Bucky took up the reins of Cap after Cap actually got narratively and physically shot out of mainstream comics. And it didn't "end" with someone admitting forced diversity, are there not still stories being told about Ironheart and Jane Foster? And all the other "less interesting" characters that all happen to be POC/WOC/women in general etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Whenever people that you deem 'sjws' complain, they don't read the material. I doubt that's anywhere close to the truth. Also, that doesn't make it forced. You were still clearly getting stories about Steve, Thor, and Tony. If those weren't the stories you wanted to be told, then that's another issue. No one was screaming "FORCED! FORCED!" when Bucky took up the reins of Cap after Cap actually got narratively and physically shot out of mainstream comics. And it didn't "end" with someone admitting forced diversity, are there not still stories being told about Ironheart and Jane Foster? And all the other "less interesting" characters that all happen to be POC/WOC/women in general etc etc?
    My guess with the bucky deal is that it made sense for bucky to do it. he did it to honor steve. The jane foster story, although good, was forced. all of a sudden thor wasn't worthy? ok. riri was forced as well. you create some rando, who can do anything and everything tony can at 15. ok. If it had been war machine taking over, no one would have said anything, because that would have made sense. i'm not sure if he was alive at the time or not, i can't remember. I have no problem with kamala khan and actually really like her. she got transformed by the mist and became a hero. that's fine. I have no problem with miles either. i'm not saying things are forced just to say them. they were forced. david gabriel admitted it too. he said retailers said customers didn't want the forced diversity. sales declined and marvel changed back to their classic characters

My guess with the bucky deal is that it made sense for bucky to do it. he did it to honor steve. The jane foster story, although good, was forced. all of a sudden thor wasn't worthy? ok. riri was forced as well. you create some rando, who can do anything and everything tony can at 15. ok. If it had been war machine taking over, no one would have said anything, because that would have made sense. i'm not sure if he was alive at the time or not, i can't remember. I have no problem with kamala khan and actually really like her. she got transformed by the mist and became a hero. that's fine. I have no problem with miles either. i'm not saying things are forced just to say them. they were forced. david gabriel admitted it too. he said retailers said customers didn't want the forced diversity. sales declined and marvel changed back to their classic characters
    That tired David Gabriel quote that he got flamed for? Not only did he retract his statements and stumble over it, G Willow Wilson also pretty much deflated any speculation on a “diversity initiative” that Gabriel was alluding to. The “non-diverse” books were selling worse and by a lonnnnnng shot. Slapstick, Venom: Space Knight, Solo, Foolkiller, and Star-Lord all tanked right out of the gate.

Riri is a super genius, that isn’t anything new. And her intro quote was that she could do anything more than Tony could at that age. A convenient thing that people who unhealthily obsess over Riri’s demise like to forget. People would’ve complained about War Machine just like they complained about Falcon taking over Steve’s role even though he was pretty much always gonna be Steve’s successor. And Thor wasn’t “suddenly” unworthy like it came out of nowhere, it’s part of a story that Aaron is telling. It tied into Thor’s own insecurities and Gorr’s philosophy having a huge impact on Thor’s psyche, and that he didn’t feel like he was worthy and he just spiraled.

That tired David Gabriel quote that he got flamed for? Not only did he retract his statements and stumble over it, G Willow Wilson also pretty much deflated any speculation on a “diversity initiative” that Gabriel was alluding to. The “non-diverse” books were selling worse and by a lonnnnnng shot. Slapstick, Venom: Space Knight, Solo, Foolkiller, and Star-Lord all tanked right out of the gate.

Riri is a super genius, that isn’t anything new. And her intro quote was that she could do anything more than Tony could at that age. A convenient thing that people who unhealthily obsess over Riri’s demise like to forget. People would’ve complained about War Machine just like they complained about Falcon taking over Steve’s role even though he was pretty much always gonna be Steve’s successor. And Thor wasn’t “suddenly” unworthy like it came out of nowhere, it’s part of a story that Aaron is telling. It tied into Thor’s own insecurities and Gorr’s philosophy having a huge impact on Thor’s psyche, and that he didn’t feel like he was worthy and he just spiraled.
    I haven't seen anything that david gabriel retracted. all-new captain america had great sales for issue #1. it lost sales every month. each month was worse than the one before it. it got down to 29,000 if not lower. the books you named don't help your argument at all. solo? fool killer? of course those books tanked. ultimately, what it comes down to is that people want to read about the characters they like and have been reading about for 60 years. probably because those are the characters they like. i don't have a problem with many of the legacy heroes, but i don't have to support them. this is not only my attitude, it the attitude of many as seen by the sales of the books that diminished when mainstays like cap and iron man were removed. steve rogers is captain america. you can dress anyone up in that suit, but it will not be captain america. that's the harsh truth

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/45468-marv...-outdated.html

Let's politely discuss & don't make it "rectangle thread" of the day.
    I saw that comment as tongue in cheek and didn't take it seriously.

I wouldn't mind them naming the group X-people tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    For ***'s sake. Heal Hellion's hands.
    Like how DC got Oracle out of her wheelchair? Sometimes, a character is more interesting with an injury like that then without.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Like how DC got Oracle out of her wheelchair? Sometimes, a character is more interesting with an injury like that then without.
    In Hellion's case be isn't

Mighty Member

Waiting for the next Deadpool movie to comment on this debate if it ever gets big enough to come to Ryan Reynold's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Hellion isn't more interesting with injury,and worse this what he feels like

He doesn't need to be healed but he most definitely needs a proper pair of cyber arms.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-17-2019 at 11:42 PM.

I haven't seen anything that david gabriel retracted. all-new captain america had great sales for issue #1. it lost sales every month. each month was worse than the one before it. it got down to 29,000 if not lower. the books you named don't help your argument at all. solo? fool killer? of course those books tanked. ultimately, what it comes down to is that people want to read about the characters they like and have been reading about for 60 years. probably because those are the characters they like. i don't have a problem with many of the legacy heroes, but i don't have to support them. this is not only my attitude, it the attitude of many as seen by the sales of the books that diminished when mainstays like cap and iron man were removed. steve rogers is captain america. you can dress anyone up in that suit, but it will not be captain america. that's the harsh truth
    https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...6-market-shift

Sales declined because they invested in Deadpool knockoffs and a Civil Dispute 2, not because people didn’t want diverse characters. You can see that by how all the diverse characters that were soooooo hated are still around. No one is saying you have to support them, by all means, I’d rather a lot of people keep quiet rather than keep going on and on about how having a black Captain America tackle American issues like abuse of immigrants and police brutality is “forced leftist SJW anti-white etc etc” whatever other buzzwords that get alt-fighters fired up. And surprise surprise, most of the people complaining about forced diversity barely read comics themselves and usually get stuff from headlines or /co/ threads or Fox & Friends.

And once again, stuff you are trying to pass off as objective is actually just subjective. Captain America is a mantle. To you, he may just be Steve Rogers, but for me, Sam Wilson was the best embodiment of what Captain America should be. If these were just failed initiatives, then why would the MCU go that route to have Sam pick up the shield or have Marvel Rising establish Riri as Ironheart?

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...6-market-shift

Sales declined because they invested in Deadpool knockoffs and a Civil Dispute 2, not because people didn’t want diverse characters. You can see that by how all the diverse characters that were soooooo hated are still around. No one is saying you have to support them, by all means, I’d rather a lot of people keep quiet rather than keep going on and on about how having a black Captain America tackle American issues like abuse of immigrants and police brutality is “forced leftist SJW anti-white etc etc” whatever other buzzwords that get alt-fighters fired up. And surprise surprise, most of the people complaining about forced diversity barely read comics themselves and usually get stuff from headlines or /co/ threads or Fox & Friends.

And once again, stuff you are trying to pass off as objective is actually just subjective. Captain America is a mantle. To you, he may just be Steve Rogers, but for me, Sam Wilson was the best embodiment of what Captain America should be. If these were just failed initiatives, then why would the MCU go that route to have Sam pick up the shield or have Marvel Rising establish Riri as Ironheart?
    captain america is not a mantle. it's steve. he's been cap for 60 years and will be cap for 60 more. i read cap falcon in small doses, and it was fine enough, but everyone knew it was only a matter of time until steve came back. no one has a problem with many of these characters, except riri, they most likely had a problem with them trying to be iron man cap and thor