Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Unknown at this point. It's entirely possible that Rucka's version of her story is no longer valid; or that it has been revised to have happened in 1939 instead of in modern times. We simply don't have enough information to know at this point.
    I would say they clearly need to redefine Wonder Woman's origin and timeline again, but what's the point if it somebody else is going to make further revisions in another year or two?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I gave up reading Wonder Woman after Robinson's boring "Jason (with a brief appearance by Wonder Woman)" arc in that book, so I don't know if they've addressed the other conundrum: when Greg Rucka wrote the revised "Year One" for Diana leaving Themyscira to bring Steve Trevor back to the U.S., they made a big deal about Diana never having left Themyscira before. She was warned that if she left Themyscira she would never be able to find her way back again.
    So what was she doing in the U.S. in the 1930s-1940s? And why did she leave Themyscira then, and when / how would she have returned to Themyscira?
    But what about Steve Trevor?

Did she go back to Themyscira at some point and bring an injured Steve back to the U.S. in the 21st century? How big a deal would Diana's leaving Themyscira in the 21st century be if she had already spent time in the U.S. during the 20th century, and why did she originally leave Themyscira back in the 1930s?
    Obviously, Wonder Woman's backstory needs to be revisited (again!) now.

I'm in favor of some kind of mystical 'mindwipe' of Diana, and potentially the other Amazons, such that she doesn't remember her Golden Age adventures. And of Steve Trevor being resurrected in the present-day and Diana falling in love with him 'again'.

Have him crash in the ocean and get frozen in an iceberg, only to be revived decades later…
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Have him crash in the ocean and get frozen in an iceberg, only to be revived decades later…
    I don't quite see Steve as a "man out of time" guy . . .

That's why my own preference is to give him a modern namesake. Possibly the grandson of Derek and Joan Trevor…
    Rogue wears rouge.

That's why my own preference is to give him a modern namesake. Possibly the grandson of Derek and Joan Trevor…
    But that still leaves the question of why did Diana come to the U.S. in the 20th century in the first place unanswered . . .

Maybe she never left…
    Rogue wears rouge.

But that still leaves the question of why did Diana come to the U.S. in the 20th century in the first place unanswered . . .
    Maybe she never left…
    So, drop the whole bit about Steve Trevor?

I mean . . . if there's the possibility that "she never left" the U.S. after first arriving there in the 20th century (+/-1930s), then she couldn't have been back on Themyscira when 21st century Steve Trevor crashed there and she rescued him.

More like “move the bit with Steve Trevor to 1939”.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Extraordinary Member

Stop making things more convoluted.
    We don’t need Diana dating a Steve Trevor in the 1940s and a another one in the modern age.

I never said she'd be dating the modern one.
    Rogue wears rouge.

More like “move the bit with Steve Trevor to 1939”.
    Then are you suggesting DC drop all modern day interactions with the 21st century version of Steve Trevor?

Not necessarily. Just, treat him as a separate person from his 20th century namesake. Different history, different relationship.
    Rogue wears rouge.

What if it was a god reincarnation thing? She's immortal so what if the gods made it so that Steve Trevor reincarnates throughout the decades?

When Crisis on Infinite Earths made the golden age Wonder Woman a god didn't they take Steve with her? Why not something kind of similar.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Wow!

Loads to unpack here.

spoilers:
    I definitely did not expect a breakdown of Batman's timeline that more or less gives us his exact age in current continuity. The Wayne murders happened 31 years ago, and Selina became Catwoman (in a panel straight out of Year One) 13 years ago. That would make Bruce around 39 now (the 18 year gap between the murders and Bruce becoming Batman is from Year One and Bruce was 25, possibly turning 26, in that story, so I'm going with him being 8 at the time of the murders).

Dunno how Damian's age makes sense with Bruce being 39 and becoming Batman at 25-26...guess there is some rapid ageing involved there after all

Anyway, it seems that they're keeping the Earth Two story of Batman being killed by a random criminal (Bill Jensen most likely) empowered by a sorcerer (had to look up Frederick Vaux). It does give the vibe that this is the same Helena Wayne who, like every other DC character, has had her origins pushed forward in time and slightly altered, but fundamentally the same.

I wonder if Batman, in this possible future, became a member of the JSA? He's on the cover as a JSA member (unless that's Wildcat...)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah I had to review to see that it was actually how Earth-2 Batman died. Honestly the only difference is that Selena is still alive and the timeline its set in.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.