Page 4 of 184 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess we can at least hope that we still see the classic supporting cast at this school, though I swear if Sajani shows up...
    Considering that they're using the Horizon name and Max Modell has already been confirmed for the show, it would be strange if they didn't include the other Horizon cast members. Sajani would certainly add some much needed diversity to Spider-Man's usual teenage cast.

Knowing Marvel animation most of the cast will resemble the Homecoming versions.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Considering that they're using the Horizon name and Max Modell has already been confirmed for the show, it would be strange if they didn't include the other Horizon cast members. Sajani would certainly add some much needed diversity to Spider-Man's usual teenage cast.
    And she could take up Nova's spot as the most insufferable and unlikeable character in a Spider-Man cartoon .

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Knowing Marvel animation most of the cast will resemble the Homecoming versions.
    This show has apparently been in production since 2014-2015, since that's when Wacker mentioned they had a new cartoon in production around the time they also announced Guardians, so that was probably this show. So it'll be interesting to see just how much this show looks like or reflects Homecoming given when it was produced, before the deal with Sony.

I think it's noticeable that they're not using the MCU Spider-Man suit as well.
    Last edited by Frontier; 10-11-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    if it is completely the opposite of Ultimate i'm in.
    This. Though, I'm wary of anything Spider-Man-related that has Quesada attached in any capacity. He does not get the character at all.

Basically, they need to find a way to re-create Spectacular. That was damn near the perfect Spider-Man cartoon.

In any case, good riddance to Ultimate Deadpoo...er..."Spider-Man."
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 10-11-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    This. Though, I'm wary of anything Spider-Man-related that has Quesada attached in any capacity. He does not get the character at all.

Basically, they need to find a way to re-create Spectacular. That was damn near the perfect Spider-Man cartoon.

AGREED. Good lord, I was weary for the Spidey show after spectacular, but I couldn't ever foresee being THAT disappointed. Ugh....the memory of the first manic chibi, imaginespot..... it still hurts.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post

Spectacular Spider-Man had a tone that, IMHO, fits the character extremely well. Sure, it was teenage Peter, but I certainly enjoyed it and got a little suckered into seeing one episode after another. I definitely think it's the best animated Spider-Man of the 21st century.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And she could take up Nova's spot as the most insufferable and unlikeable character in a Spider-Man cartoon .
    What are you basing that on?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    What are you basing that on?
    Her characterization and use in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Spectacular Spider-Man had a tone that, IMHO, fits the character extremely well. Sure, it was teenage Peter, but I certainly enjoyed it and got a little suckered into seeing one episode after another. I definitely think it's the best animated Spider-Man of the 21st century.
    It's definitely in the top 10 animated shows of the 21st century. And easily Marvel's best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, let's talk about more potential things coming from this series.

1º) Even if this series bring us back to "basics" again with Spider-Man (how stupid), it has a serious problem. You see, if they are following the designs from the MCU, and in the first episode we are going to see Peter in his original costume, then how the webs is Peter going to "upgrade" himself without Tony Stark? This clearly proves that they can't disconnect Spider-Man from the rest of the Marvel Universe. However, there's another chance to avoid Tony Stark. How about if Ezekiel Sims becomes a regular casting character in the series, acting as Peter's benefactor?

2º) Considering Spider-Man's interaction with the Avengers in the movies, and after so much time seeing Spider-Man acting with other heroes, I think it's obvious Spider-Man can't be the only superhero that appears in this series. And I think I already know how that can happen. If the series adapts one of Dan Slott's stories that I wanted to see more in "Ultimate Spider-Man" ("Spider-Island"), more characters with spider-powers could appear in the future. And that way, Peter could be like their leader and help them to adapt to them. My theory about what other characters with Spider-Powers could debut in the series:

+ Flash Thompson as Agent Venom: Dan Slott's was the one who wrote the story of Flash becoming Agent Venom, and considering his popularity in "Ultimate Spider-Man", they could use him again in this new series.
    + Anti-Venom: If Spider-Island is adapted to this series, then is obvious that Anti-Venom will be necessary in this story. About who will be inside, I don't know. Maybe Eddie Brock or maybe someone different. He could end up looking like Future Foundation Spider-Man.
    + Miles Morales: They said that Miles Morales wasn't going to go anywhere, so I guess we could see him in this series too; and Spider-Island could work as the source of his powers.
    + Gwen Stacy: Instead of using the classic gwen Stacy's plot here, they could turn her into "Spider-wen", giving us another chance to keep another popular alternative Spider.
    + Anya Corazon: They said the had plans for Anya Corazon, but since "Ultimate Spider-Man" is finishing, I guess we could see her in this new series instead.
    + Cindy Moon (Silk): Instead of the story of being bitten by the same Spider than Peter, I think having Silk created by the Spider-Island's virus is a better alternative.
    + Mary Jane Watson: Since "Ultimate Spider-Man" is ending, I want this happening in the next series. Besides, is something that happened in the comics, only I don't want the powers removed at the end. Also, it can be a reference to Mary Jane from the new series "Renew Your Vows".

Well, what do you think?
    Including Miles, Anya and Cindy would avert the all white cast too, as they're black, latina, and Asian. That's the likely reason why Power Man, Nova, and White Tiger were chosen to be Spidey's teammates in Ultimate.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I guess this means no more cross-overs with Avengers Assemble and GotG.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I guess this means no more cross-overs with Avengers Assemble and GotG.
    I'd imagine this Spider-Man show will be kept in continuity with AA and GoTG even if that makes no sense.
    Kinda like how AA was meant to follow EMH...

Slott as a consultant could be a bad thing, and could be about as meaningful as Dini was a consultant for the current batch of Marvel cartoons.
    Man, to see USM cancelled just when we are finally about to get Moon Knight in animation is a let down, I hoped we'd see more of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    AGREED. Good lord, I was weary for the Spidey show after spectacular, but I couldn't ever foresee being THAT disappointed. Ugh....the memory of the first manic chibi, imaginespot..... it still hurts.
    Watch chibi dimension moment from season 1 episode 05 of Ultimate Stupid-Man.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Just make it fun and enjoyable for all ages I guess. I've aged out of being hung up to the utmost about the thematic tone of these animated series. PG-13 animated Spider-Man just isn't going to happen outside of a straight to DVD project at best. Even this animated theatrical film I'm sure will be reeled in from being too intense.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Just make it fun and enjoyable for all ages I guess. I've aged out of being hung up to the utmost about the thematic tone of these animated series. PG-13 animated Spider-Man just isn't going to happen outside of a straight to DVD project at best. Even this animated theatrical film I'm sure will be reeled in from being too intense.
    Like one of those Marvel/Madhouse collaboration anime movies? Yeah, that would be awesome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.