Page 494 of 827 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I doubt that either of them would adress her as "my child".
    And Ronnie has no familiarity with most of Team Flash 2017.

Maybe it's a Wells?
    I think at this point the only truly genuine surprise left is if Savitar is revealed to be someone who is actually consistent with all of the clues thrown around this season.

At this point, it would have to be some bizarre explanation like the original Wells who somehow survived being killed by Thawne and has been mind-swapping with members of team Flash for the past three years and...and...I dunno. Nothing really sense. If they pull this off I'll give them a big congrats, but it sure seems like they've painted themselves into a corner they can't fully get out of.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 04-27-2017 at 10:54 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Maybe to save Iris and defeat Savitar (and maybe even undo the damage initially down by Thawne), Barry not only has to reconsider his vow to no longer tamper with the past, but GO BIG and do it all the way from the beginning of the universe.
    Seems like that wouldn't go over so well with the speed force.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Seems like that wouldn't go over so well with the speed force.
    Maybe that's just it: Barry has to stop letting the Speed Force bully him around and TAKE CONTROL.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    My memories on this are hazy, but wasn't there some DC time-travel doctrine at one point that changes to the timeline only work if done from before the Dawn of Time?

So far, Barry's experiments with altering the past have resulted in disaster, and he swore off it early this season, but maybe the problem was that he wasn't ambitious ENOUGH about changing the past?

Maybe to save Iris and defeat Savitar (and maybe even undo the damage initially down by Thawne), Barry not only has to reconsider his vow to no longer tamper with the past, but GO BIG and do it all the way from the beginning of the universe.

Just a thought.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I'm actually kind of curious when we might see the giant hand that created the universe pop up at some point. Maybe on Legends?

Ultimate Member

I doubt that either of them would adress her as "my child".
    And Ronnie has no familiarity with most of Team Flash 2017.

Maybe it's a Wells?
    Why would she so instantly trust Wells either?

Between this and last year, I think its safe to say that the writers intentionally plant multiple "outs" ahead of time. Keep everything incredibly vague, especially clues and hints, and you shape it as it goes along.

I also think we're underestimating the convoluted nature the reveal may have. For example, Jay being the doppelganger of Hunter was a neat, concise idea. But it was telegraphed.

So in the end, our guesses of "Jay's under the mask" were only half right. Going with time remnants was a way to give the audience an unexpected twist, however lacking it may have been.

And as much as I like Shipp as Jay, the iron mask story was a mess. I had to do some hardcore HeadCanon to justify it (ended up with he's the doppelganger of Barry from the 1990 series).

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    And as much as I like Shipp as Jay, the iron mask story was a mess. I had to do some hardcore HeadCanon to justify it (ended up with he's the doppelganger of Barry from the 1990 series).
    And John Wesley Shipp agrees with you .

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I hope that when season 4 roles around they do a Booster Gold episode with Booster coming in and doing something to lock Barry in time so he can't time travel anymore. After the end of the Timemasters the DCCWverse needs someone else besides the Legends running around fixing things, and Barry is the major thing that needs fixed as far as messing with time goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And John Wesley Shipp agrees with you .
    He said he decided to play Jay like a 25 year older version of "his" Barry.

Not enough for me!

I theorize the 3 characters JWS has played (1990 Barry, 2014 Henry and 2016 Jay) are all doppelgangers in the same Multiverse (the 1990 show was teased during the journey to Earth 2 last year).

And "Bartholomew"? Its a family name (as we know Bart shares it), as is "Jason". In each of the 3 universes, he took on a different name, and even kept his mother's maiden name in one (perhaps dad died before birth or hightailed it).

He obtained super speed in two universes. The third universe skipped a generation, granting his son the power instead.

We have seen 3 versions of James Jesse in their respective universes, as well as 2 Tina McGees. These aren't just fun cameos. Its all canon.

If you watch the 1990 pilot, Barry's older brother is named Jay. So on Earth 3, Jay could have brothers named Hank and Bart. And/Or on the current show, perhaps who would've been Barry's "uncle Jay" was never born.
    Last edited by MykeHavoc; 04-27-2017 at 12:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Why would she so instantly trust Wells either?
    She worked with one for years that turned out to be a supervillain like herself.

Ultimate Member

She worked with one for years that turned out to be a supervillain like herself.
    And he betrayed them. So that'd be a reason NOT to trust him if anything.

Even though I totally think it was Tom Cavanaugh coming out of the suit (as he directed and loves fucking with fans), I don't think the face she's meant to see is a Wells. She's seen 3 so far. Why would another make her bat an eye? Even though I believe its Ronnie, I'm not sure that would be her honest reaction.

Oh, and Barry gets caught by Black Flash in the finale, and next year opens with an inversion on the "Speed of Darkness" story. Calling it.
    Last edited by MykeHavoc; 04-27-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Even though I totally think it was Tom Cavanaugh coming out of the suit (as he directed and loves fucking with fans), I don't think the face she's meant to see is a Wells. She's seen 3 so far. Why would another make her bat an eye? Even though I believe its Ronnie, I'm not sure that would be her honest reaction.

Oh, and Barry gets caught by Black Flash in the finale, and next year opens with an inversion on the "Speed of Darkness" story. Calling it.
    Well, if future!Barry was spot-on about Barry siccing multiple Time Remnants at Savitar, it would give Black Flash an excuse to come after him since he's mucking up the timestream more then he's already done by this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And he betrayed them. So that'd be a reason NOT to trust him if anything.
    And if she were even sligtly sane, that would be a good argument.

It's probably some form of Barry Allen anyway...

Retired

After turning over several ideas about who it could be . . . Martin Stein, Joe West . . . and given Killer Frost's reaction . . . I've landed on Iris West. I'll stick with that.

Iris Russell West has been known to travel through time and Iris is the only member of the current Flash team not accounted for in the future. Where the heck is Iris? Has to be Savitar!

Killing herself frees up her time--doesn't have to arrange her wedding, doesn't have to pretend to have a job---opens up her day-planner for super-villainy.