Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It makes sense Dazzler would show up since theyre tracking down a drug lord. Maybe she fired Pixie and is just handing down inhalers to kids at her concerts now. To 'enhance' the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    It makes sense Dazzler would show up since theyre tracking down a drug lord. Maybe she fired Pixie and is just handing down inhalers to kids at her concerts now. To 'enhance' the experience.
    Lol.

I'll always be waiting for a Dazzler, Northstar, Pixie comicbook. Give us the Krakoan influencer team, Mr.Hickman.

Dazzler's going to blow her face off

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Dazzler's going to blow her face off
    Oh right! She did that to Betsy's original body. That was badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Mmm not much faith then. Well I don't think she fits in here anyway, she'd be nice on Excalibur with Betsy.
    Hear, hear
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The art and coloring are still really unappealing. I'm not super invested in X-23 or Bable, so their depiction here isn't a problem for me.

I'm wondering if it's purposeful that Psylocke will be leading a team of characters that are all younger than her (including Husk and Bling, eventually). Maybe to emphasize a student and master feel. There seems to me to also be a possibility of manipulation.
    Well the Master-student thing definitely feels intended. Manipulation I didn't even consider. I don't think so at least not consciously.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

It makes sense for Laura to still have anger issues. I never liked how Taylor made her seem so well adjusted, so the one positive part of this for me is showing that Laura isn’t completely “whole” and she still has internal struggles. She’s had a nightmarish life. No one walks away from that totally composed one day, especially not as young as Laura is.

It also makes sense that Kwannon and Laura could find a common ground to relate to each other.

It doesn’t make sense that Laura would see Kwannon as some mentor. Who is Kwannon to her? How has Kwannon proved herself for Laura to put in that position?

It just reads as a forced way to prop Kwannon up. Unless Laura is manipulating her to probe her, which I doubt, it’s laughable at best.

But given as Hill hasn’t totally thought all of Laura’s dialogue through and has written things more for effect than to be true to Laura’s character (by his own admission) I’m thinking this is line with that.

BANNED

Laura always had a troubled relationship with authority figure though. I dont wanna use the word submissive but she was acting weird around Scott and Logan in the XForce days, including letting Logan rough her up and let Wolfsbane maim her because Logan told her she was less important. It might not have been as apparent in recent years because she wasnt following a leader as often but it was there.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

It's just a theme of the book. Either you accept it and go with it or you can't. Kwannon/NeoPsylocke is the MC, it's East Asian themed (some find that offensive but I don't) and it's the idea of a warlike journey of finding yourself etc.

Laura and Kid Cable are both much younger and less experienced than Kwannon, whether or not Laura's fans like that. It makes sense for her to be characterized this way, Laura has never been a team leader, Wolverine himself has never been one until recently when his characterization got spread all around and basically he became everything to everyone all the time.

Laura fans need to accept this: Kwannon is the leader of the team and the book's purpose for existing (flesh her out as a character since this is a brand new situation). Laura is there to further that story but sure her own themes will tie in as well, and maybe Laura will be a breakout star in some ways. Fans who grew accustomed to her soloing in her own book and all that find this diminishing and I understand. But you have to at some time get with the purpose of this book and not just react against it.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

I used to love Laura but she's been ruined post Marjorie Liu (or even during Marjorie Liu), I don't use tumblr as a pejorative because I enjoy tumblr but recent iteration of the character has been the most infuriating tumblr pandering forced positivity crap ever and Im glad we're done with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    It's just a theme of the book. Either you accept it and go with it or you can't. Kwannon/NeoPsylocke is the MC, it's East Asian themed (some find that offensive but I don't) and it's the idea of a warlike journey of finding yourself etc.

Laura and Kid Cable are both much younger and less experienced than Kwannon, whether or not Laura's fans like that. It makes sense for her to be characterized this way, Laura has never been a team leader, Wolverine himself has never been one until recently when his characterization got spread all around and basically he became everything to everyone all the time.

Laura fans need to accept this: Kwannon is the leader of the team and the book's purpose for existing (flesh her out as a character since this is a brand new situation). Laura is there to further that story but sure her own themes will tie in as well, and maybe Laura will be a breakout star in some ways. Fans who grew accustomed to her soloing in her own book and all that find this diminishing and I understand. But you have to at some time get with the purpose of this book and not just react against it.
    No, X-23 fans should NOT accept it. There is NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER to write a character OOC to prop up another character, no matter if it’s a solo or team book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    No, X-23 fans should NOT accept it. There is NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER to write a character OOC to prop up another character, no matter if it’s a solo or team book.
    Definitely agree with this; though I'm intrigued enough to see where Fallen Angels goes, I do agree that age does not automatically equal either experience or authority, because you can never account for individual experiences. Besides, all the best team books, I find, tend to make use of each characters strengths and weaknesses in tandem; a yin and yang, in a sense. I'm hoping we'll be able to see that from Laura with Kwannon and Cable, and all of them in turn of course, but yeah, it is short-sighted regression if not.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Then don't buy the book.

Honestly from what I've seen no one in the Laura fandom seems to agree with what a non-OOC characterization for her is. Literally everything she's in has a considerable amount of people claiming she's OOC on it.

First of all, characters can’t progress, the story would end. Laura has to snap back, to her default. It’s the nature of cape comics.

Secondly, the coloring is destroying the art and my enthusiasm for this comic.

Thirdly, if Hill has other projects, a fill-in writer should be used. WTH