Page 41 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Maybe Slott's IM run isn't the most outstanding but has beautiful covers.

Attachment 111801

Attachment 111802
    It did have some great covers. I didn’t think his run was bad. I just thought he stretched out the Tony AI angle out too long.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Slott's run was okay to me.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    It did have some great covers. I didn’t think his run was bad. I just thought he stretched out the Tony AI angle out too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There were some overall good ideas and concepts in my opinion, but the execution could have been better.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    There were some overall good ideas and concepts in my opinion, but the execution could have been better.
    That’s pretty much how I felt about it. Not a bad run. Art was stellar. Just overextended himself with is Tony an AI or not storyline.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-24-2021 at 09:17 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That’s pretty much how I felt about it. Not a bad run. Art was stellar. Just overextended himself with is Tony an AI or not storyline.

Yeah, I didn't have any major problem with Slott's IM run either, just by the end, I was fed up with Tony's status as an A.I.
    I found the premise that A.I.s & robots 're sentient, human-like beings exciting. However... I didn't like what happened to Arno in the Iron Man 2020 robot revolution plot line, but hey, he's not dead & can be used in future stories
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

iMan 42s

I have several complaints with Slott's run. One of which is that it's very obvious the sort of thing he's trying to get at given his Twitter activity at the time and even since then. And really it makes sense that Marvel would be tackling the disgusting acts of the then current administration on Human rights given they even have a direct ICE parody shown. However the book isn't about robotic rights, it's about if Tony is Human or not and finding his identity through his perceived artificial nature and the book as a result can't pick a thread. Or really when it does has no idea what's the more important thread to follow to Tony just deciding screw it, he's Tony Stark which doesn't really answer the issue. I know what it's trying to do but the book never ends up hitting the goal. It's commendable don't get me wrong but Slott just couldn't pull it off.

The other issue is that his take on Arno suuuuuuuuucks.
    The thing about Arno in Gillen's run is that he's the brother Tony never had. He's a still living family member who encourages Tony to seek out his parents and wants Tony to have a sense of closure. It's not Tony who supported Arno, it's Arno who is supporting Tony even as he's putting things off to play hero. But here he's basically Doc Ock in Iron man form and only revealed that he's just crazy and the whole thing was BS all along. Arno really needed a sort of Infamous Iron man push where Arno has a mini series or more interactions with Tony rather than he just abruptly takes the company and that's the later half of the series. I know what he's trying to do and again, he just can't do it.

And finally the whole thing about Tony and his parents sucks. Much to the point the book just dropped Amanda and if that's what was the plan it'd have been more appreciated if they just ignored that or overwrote that. She just leaves and Tony's identity crisis goes far too long for what it ended up being.

As a whole Slott's run to me while started fine enough never hits the mark. He never reaches any sort of height that will make his run worth it as much as it is the run that came after Bendis. Is it a step up? Sure but I don't think it's as much of one and as much as Tony wasn't even in much of Bendis, I think it's more insulting Slott botched Iron man 2020 than anything. 2020 was a landmark moment for the series and his rebooted version of rebooted Arno blew.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

*approving slow-clap noise*

I can’t remember exactly but Arno (under Slott) said something along the line that he dislikes Tony‘s lifestyle.

Which makes no sense because Arno knew and watched Tony and his doings all his life.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I have several complaints with Slott's run. One of which is that it's very obvious the sort of thing he's trying to get at given his Twitter activity at the time and even since then. And really it makes sense that Marvel would be tackling the disgusting acts of the then current administration on Human rights given they even have a direct ICE parody shown. However the book isn't about robotic rights, it's about if Tony is Human or not and finding his identity through his perceived artificial nature and the book as a result can't pick a thread. Or really when it does has no idea what's the more important thread to follow to Tony just deciding screw it, he's Tony Stark which doesn't really answer the issue. I know what it's trying to do but the book never ends up hitting the goal. It's commendable don't get me wrong but Slott just couldn't pull it off.

The thing about Arno in Gillen's run is that he's the brother Tony never had. He's a still living family member who encourages Tony to seek out his parents and wants Tony to have a sense of closure. It's not Tony who supported Arno, it's Arno who is supporting Tony even as he's putting things off to play hero. But here he's basically Doc Ock in Iron man form and only revealed that he's just crazy and the whole thing was BS all along. Arno really needed a sort of Infamous Iron man push where Arno has a mini series or more interactions with Tony rather than he just abruptly takes the company and that's the later half of the series. I know what he's trying to do and again, he just can't do it.

And finally the whole thing about Tony and his parents sucks. Much to the point the book just dropped Amanda and if that's what was the plan it'd have been more appreciated if they just ignored that or overwrote that. She just leaves and Tony's identity crisis goes far too long for what it ended up being.

As a whole Slott's run to me while started fine enough never hits the mark. He never reaches any sort of height that will make his run worth it as much as it is the run that came after Bendis. Is it a step up? Sure but I don't think it's as much of one and as much as Tony wasn't even in much of Bendis, I think it's more insulting Slott botched Iron man 2020 than anything. 2020 was a landmark moment for the series and his rebooted version of rebooted Arno blew.
    May I ask you to elaborate on the bolded part? I'm asking bc I don't follow him on social media.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 07-25-2021 at 09:32 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

Those are very good, detailed points about where and how the execution of a lot of the ideas in that run fell short, especially concerning Arno Stark. I'm guessing he was trying to make lightning strike twice by repeating what he did with Superior Spider-Man, and considering how controversial Superior Spider-Man was (and still may be) . . .

Tony's Thorbuster armor was stronger than his Hulkbuster armor.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-thorbus...or-magic-suit/

Nothing really stood out for me in Slott's run good or bad. Even with the things that I didn't like with Gillen or Bendis'run, they did things that stood out, got people talking(some of us angry albeit) but they had an impact. Slott's run is just okay, nothing noteworthy happens.

Something really nice could have happen with the whole 2020 motto but it was kinda bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nothing really stood out for me in Slott's run good or bad. Even with the things that I didn't like with Gillen or Bendis'run, they did things that stood out, got people talking(some of us angry albeit) but they had an impact. Slott's run is just okay, nothing noteworthy happens.

Something really nice could have happen with the whole 2020 motto but it was kinda bland.
    Which is a shame, but then that seems to be the logic --- better to take risks and be hated for them than play it safe and have nobody really care one way or the other. The attention economy, or something like that, I think it's called nowadays.

Iron Man’s inspiration for his colossal Mech Strike armors come to life in his Hall of Armor. Together with Stark Industries Intern, Ken Lee, we countdown the greatest mech suits in the Marvel Universe from Hulkbuster to James “Rhodey” Rhodes own battle armor to Riri Williams