Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Keeps the sun out of his eyes. I liked his red and black armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Adrian's not known for his nobility. he's a schemer. so what's the scheme? is this just about survival? where'd he get that helmet? and what are they finding to eat in Central Park? some of these guys logically need to consume a lot to keep moving; because of their size.
    Hippo and Rhino alone would turn Central Park into a barren wasteland.

Enjoyed this issue. Looking forward to Spidey and the Black Ant team up. Vulture is definitely up to something. At least he painted Gibbon in a good light.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think that’s just a change in design.
    Yeah, and it's one that is practical as it probably helps him breathe flying at the speeds he does as well as protecting his eyes (and head from attacks); it may serve even more of a purpose but we haven't seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Hippo and Rhino alone would turn Central Park into a barren wasteland.

Enjoyed this issue. Looking forward to Spidey and the Black Ant team up. Vulture is definitely up to something. At least he painted Gibbon in a good light.
    it was necessary to make him a martyr/rallying symbol. i'm surprised that he didn't take that opportunity to take Spider-man out. guess he realizes that Peter has the best chance of turning the tide of battle.

it was necessary to make him a martyr/rallying symbol. i'm surprised that he didn't take that opportunity to take Spider-man out. guess he realizes that Peter has the best chance of turning the tide of battle.
    Peter is the only chance of turning the tide of battle. If I was a villain I certainly would pick Spidey over the Vulture. Peter would actually save these guys. Toomes would sacrifice them to save his own hide. The villains have to know that. The only one they can trust is Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Peter is the only chance of turning the tide of battle. If I was a villain I certainly would pick Spidey over the Vulture. Peter would actually save these guys. Toomes would sacrifice them to save his own hide. The villains have to know that. The only one they can trust is Peter.
    of course. but that's from our perspective. neither one of us (i hope) has been beaten up and thrown in prison by Spider-man. i imagine that they have a visceral negative reaction to his presence. and Vulture is somewhat of an OG to them. he's like John McCain. any bad that he's done sort of pales in comparison to his elder statesman image. but they'll learn soon enough. i hope that Peter's smart enough to hide his association with Black Ant, though. that's going to make him doubly suspicious to them.

p.s. but my money's on Peter doing something rash like telling the villains that they can't destroy the hunterbots because it will kill the wealthy civilians using them. i imagine that Kraven does want the villains to fight back.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 04-12-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Long story short, I thought this was a decent middle chapter. It's not much on story, but the characterization is great, especially how Spencer depicts the Vulture as a lying, manipulative jerk who reduces Spider-Man to "You can't trust him because...because I said so!"

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 5 No. 19 review
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Long story short, I thought this was a decent middle chapter. It's not much on story, but the characterization is great, especially how Spencer depicts the Vulture as a lying, manipulative jerk who reduces Spider-Man to "You can't trust him because...because I said so!"

[url=https://bamsmackpow.com/2019/04/12/stilla[/url]
    Vulture didn't really have the chance to make that argument. Rhino's the one who spoke up. and i'm not even sure what he's so bent out of shape about. he's the one who crashed into an occupied restaraunt. did he expect Spider-man to ignore the people in the rubble for his sake? a little surprised that Peter didn't put a spider tracer on him though.

Vulture didn't really have the chance to make that argument. Rhino's the one who spoke up. and i'm not even sure what he's so bent out of shape about. he's the one who crashed into an occupied restaraunt. did he expect Spider-man to ignore the people in the rubble for his sake? a little surprised that Peter didn't put a spider tracer on him though.
    Well, the Vulture did claim to know how to defeat the Kraven Bots, especially once he pulled out the head, and Spidey didn't really have a rebuttal against that. But you're right, the moment Rhino lashed out at Spider-Man, it was over. I also agree that, from a rational standpoint, Rhino's anger is misplaced. But from his perspective, he was the one who needed help, as he said in response to why Spider-Man chose to save Aunt May and the others in the restaurant over him, "Which made my life worthless?"
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Amazing Member

spoilers:
    Heh, what better way to goad someone into killing a person than by gathering a bunch of fat cats, who have no regard for the lives of super villains, and treat this hunt as a mere game.
    end of spoilers

Peter had the right idea. Destroy the dome.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Peter had the right idea. Destroy the dome.
    Right idea, but does he have the right caliber for it?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The last time we broke this shield it took probability manipulation that could manipulate godly forces and all of the power of a cosmic brick backed by the universe.

That shield ain't breakin'.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Realistically there'd be people on the outside trying to destroy it. Stark, Strange, Richards...someone would sense that something bad is going down in Central Park.

Astonishing Member

Realistically there'd be people on the outside trying to destroy it. Stark, Strange, Richards...someone would sense that something bad is going down in Central Park.
    They’re all conveniently doing something else at the moment.