Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Can't wait for the Braddock family to show up. Honestly after the Thor runs. I kind of wish Russell Dauterman still did monthlies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    7 Marvel Dimensions The MCU Can Explore After The Quantum Realm
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-altern...the-multiverse

"With Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania returning to the Quantum Realm, the MCU has some exciting prospects on what dimensions and realms should be showcased next.

2. Avalon In The Otherworld Is Very Important To The Multiverse

Another example of a god’s pocket dimension is the Otherworld and the kingdom of Avalon. It’s the home to the Tuatha de Danaan, the Celtic gods, but it has some important connections to the Multiverse as a Nexus point connecting various universes and realities. It’s a fantastic realm to explore as part of the ongoing Multiverse Saga, and thankfully the character to do so is primed to enter the MCU. Like her What If…? facsimile, Captain Carter, Captain Britain serves as a champion protecting the Multiverse as part of the Captain Britain Corps, a coalit'ion of the hero’s variants.

It honestly seems strange that the MCU hasn’t officially introduced Captain Britain, whether Brian Braddock, Betsy Braddock, or both, given their intense connection to the Multiverse - and even beyond the Omniverse, spanning reality beyond Marvel. Like Hercules, they’d also be good options for their own Disney+ series and could perhaps be part of the slate in Phase 6. This could then also feature Merlyn and his daughter Roma, who are leaders of the Otherworld. Interestingly, Agatha: Coven of Chaos might be using a character connected to this realm, the sorceress Morgan Le Fay, who might be played by Aubrey Plaza. That could continue to set up Captain Britain’s arrival."
    Omg I think I had a fangasm….I need Aubrey in the MCU like yesterday, she was delicious in Legion and astounding in the second season if white lotus

…since we are in the mood of writing santa a wishlist letter can I pretty please have a couple of panels with Betsy riding a winged steed made of her purple mystical tk energy?

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Can't wait for the Braddock family to show up. Honestly after the Thor runs. I kind of wish Russell Dauterman still did monthlies.
    Dude, everytime I look at Dauterman's Betsy cover (which is often) I daydream like can we get a mini or even a one-shot/annual pretty please? I envision a flashback scene of her as a young model under Dauterman's pen and it would be such a gift. The super greedy part of me has a new idea now that Marvel is shining a light on Storm's mystical side in the next SW issue - a Dauterman'd one-shot of her and Betsy flying around Otherworld discussing and exploring their magical sides, Ororo pointing out all the things she can "see." I die everytime I think about it.

I'm praying Betsy is showered with amazing variants for pride month and that he's doing one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Omg I think I had a fangasm….I need Aubrey in the MCU like yesterday, she was delicious in Legion and astounding in the second season if white lotus
    I love a fangasm lol! Aubrey Plaza as possibly Morgan Le Fay is something I didn't know I needed, but whatever role she may be playing will be amazing. A fan made a mock poster of her as Morgan just a few weeks ago and it got some press.

When I heard the rumor was spreading fast and it really grew some legs, I'm over here looking at Morgan being the lead villain in Betsy's book... on top of all the multiverse stuff, the ease with which they can incorporate the twins with CB/Otherworld/STRIKE... I feel like it's all coming together for a Braddocks inclusion sooner than later. Introducing them as a human brother and a mutant sister and then later Betsy can join the X-Men when they come in - it just all fits!

…since we are in the mood of writing santa a wishlist letter can I pretty please have a couple of panels with Betsy riding a winged steed made of her purple mystical tk energy?

I'm on the floor. Where is this from if I may ask? It's gorgeous and I LOVE the idea of her creating a TK pegasus. What a luxuriously magical way to travel!

It reminds me of the Meghan Hetrick variant for KoX #1, one of my favorites in my tiny collection which is about to grow when all the new variants arrive lol

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

If Aubrey is indeed Morgan... OMG she's gonna fucking slay it. I mean she's gonna slay it regardless but I feel Morgan would be right up her alley, not to mention a character with staying power.

I'm on the floor. Where is this from if I may ask? It's gorgeous and I LOVE the idea of her creating a TK pegasus. What a luxuriously magical way to travel!

It reminds me of the Meghan Hetrick variant for KoX #1, one of my favorites in my tiny collection which is about to grow when all the new variants arrive lol

Here you can find all the info on Medusa Rider

https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Medusa_(Rider)

I gave her steed a violet hue in the picture above

That alternate Cover is very beautiful, now all Betsy needs is to get creative with her powers and she could have her very personal psionic pegasus ready to ride where-ever she goes, so much more practical!
    Last edited by Daedra; 01-27-2023 at 10:11 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Dude, everytime I look at Dauterman's Betsy cover (which is often) I daydream like can we get a mini or even a one-shot/annual pretty please? I envision a flashback scene of her as a young model under Dauterman's pen and it would be such a gift. The super greedy part of me has a new idea now that Marvel is shining a light on Storm's mystical side in the next SW issue - a Dauterman'd one-shot of her and Betsy flying around Otherworld discussing and exploring their magical sides, Ororo pointing out all the things she can "see." I die everytime I think about it.
    I’m realizing I’m a sucker for all the mutants characters with a mystical/supernatural side, there is something intriguing about the next steps of human evolution going beyond the boundaries of science and delving into the mysteries of magic and the metaphysical : Betsy as Captain Britain, Dany as Valkyrie, Psylocke with the crimson Dawn, Julio as a Druid, Meggan, Selene, Storm and her ancestry, Illyana as Sorceress supreme of Limbo…even Rachel as askani/phoenix or scarlet whitch as mutant/mutate ………put one of them in a book and I probably will end up buying it.
    Last edited by Daedra; 01-28-2023 at 01:28 AM.

I’m realizing I’m a sucker for all the mutants characters with a mystical/supernatural side, there is something intriguing about the next steps of human evolution going beyond the boundaries of science and delving into the mysteries of magic and the metaphysical : Betsy as Captain Britain, Dany as Valkyrie, Psylocke with the crimson Dawn, Julio as a Druid, Meggan, Selene, Storm and her ancestry, Illyana as Sorceress supreme of Limbo…even Rachel as askani/phoenix or scarlet whitch as mutant/mutate ………put one of them in a book and I probably will end up buying it.
    I also love it when mutants dabble in magic and you're right, there's so many characters with a mystical background to fill a whole book, and the Braddocks are right at the centre of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    If Aubrey is indeed Morgan... OMG she's gonna fucking slay it. I mean she's gonna slay it regardless but I feel Morgan would be right up her alley, not to mention a character with staying power.
    Aubrey Plaza as Morgan Le Slay. I'm sooo into it! You're right, it's a character that can maintain a long presence and serve as a very big bad imo.

Thank you for sharing the info on Medusa Rider. What a beautifully designed character, and I love the violet hue you gave her steed. A psionic pegasus is now making me think of Betsy sending out like a "patronus", either a pegasus to pick up those in danger that she can't reach at the moment, or a flurry of butterflies as she's done before. Endless possibilities.

I'm also fascinated with mutants who have a foot in the magical world. Even though it didn't quite land I think there's still a lot of potential in "mutant magic" and it can be more than circuits to cast spells. Some mutants are just inherently magical like the ones you listed and it adds an extra layer to them being mutants. Even human brother Brian is a product of science and magic (and I'm thrilled he'll be in the lab again in the new book.) I'm fascinated by the fact that the Otherworld gene skipped Jamie but is within the twins, that their father is a being from Otherworld.

So we have Betsy in charge of a world that is literally in her blood. Here's their family tree which is really fun.

I also love it when mutants dabble in magic and you're right, there's so many characters with a mystical background to fill a whole book, and the Braddocks are right at the centre of it all.
    Exactly right, friend. Brian and Betsy with their Otherworld genes, Meggan's fae folk lineage, and now little Maggie who already is displaying her father's intellect, also a mutant, of the Otherworld line, and fae. She's the full package, with an Omega uncle lol.

I enjoyed the conversations here on CBR about a mutant magic school and even though JDW said there aren't any plans for it, I love that the question reached him and he's open to it. And I still love Devaishwarya's idea of a branch X-Office dedicated to Otherworld with a designated group of writers.

To be honest I suspect there may be an upcoming event centered on magic in the future. Gillen loves planting seeds and I feel he didn't have Selene go off on her rant about mutants being weak to magic for nothing. I'd love an event that pulls in the magical mutants with Betsy having a big role. Selene was last seen with Coven Akkaba so who knows.
    Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 03:47 PM.

7 Marvel Dimensions The MCU Can Explore After The Quantum Realm
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-altern...the-multiverse

"With Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania returning to the Quantum Realm, the MCU has some exciting prospects on what dimensions and realms should be showcased next.

2. Avalon In The Otherworld Is Very Important To The Multiverse

Another example of a god’s pocket dimension is the Otherworld and the kingdom of Avalon. It’s the home to the Tuatha de Danaan, the Celtic gods, but it has some important connections to the Multiverse as a Nexus point connecting various universes and realities. It’s a fantastic realm to explore as part of the ongoing Multiverse Saga, and thankfully the character to do so is primed to enter the MCU. Like her What If…? facsimile, Captain Carter, Captain Britain serves as a champion protecting the Multiverse as part of the Captain Britain Corps, a coalition of the hero’s variants.

It honestly seems strange that the MCU hasn’t officially introduced Captain Britain, whether Brian Braddock, Betsy Braddock, or both, given their intense connection to the Multiverse - and even beyond the Omniverse, spanning reality beyond Marvel. Like Hercules, they’d also be good options for their own Disney+ series and could perhaps be part of the slate in Phase 6. This could then also feature Merlyn and his daughter Roma, who are leaders of the Otherworld. Interestingly, Agatha: Coven of Chaos might be using a character connected to this realm, the sorceress Morgan Le Fay, who might be played by Aubrey Plaza. That could continue to set up Captain Britain’s arrival."
    I've been meaning to say on this... I'm a bit worried there have been no talks of Otherworld with regards to the MCU's Multiverse Saga.

Mind you, it could all still be under wraps but you would think the Multiverse Saga would be a good point to introduce the champions of the Multiverse, Otherworld and the whole Captain Britain mythology.

Alternatively, provided the Multiverse is still around post-Secret Wars, I could see Roma, Saturnyne and Merlin stepping in after Kang is gone, going for a magic-based approach to managing and policing the Multiverse. So many possibilities, and so little information to go by right now LOL

I've been meaning to say on this... I'm a bit worried there have been no talks of Otherworld with regards to the MCU's Multiverse Saga.

Mind you, it could all still be under wraps but you would think the Multiverse Saga would be a good point to introduce the champions of the Multiverse, Otherworld and the whole Captain Britain mythology.

Alternatively, provided the Multiverse is still around post-Secret Wars, I could see Roma, Saturnyne and Merlin stepping in after Kang is gone, going for a magic-based approach to managing and policing the Multiverse. So many possibilities, and so little information to go by right now LOL
    I’m thinking that somehow there are plans in motion to position Captain Britain and otherworld in the best possible spot in order to take advantage of the exposure and wider public that comes along the mcu and disney+ mini series, at the very least the x-office seems to have a plan and a timetable to follow so I think there is reason to have a positive outlook in the future.

Aubrey Plaza as Morgan Le Slay. I'm sooo into it! You're right, it's a character that can maintain a long presence and serve as a very big bad imo.

Thank you for sharing the info on Medusa Rider. What a beautifully designed character, and I love the violet hue you gave her steed. A psionic pegasus is now making me think of Betsy sending out like a "patronus", either a pegasus to pick up those in danger that she can't reach at the moment, or a flurry of butterflies as she's done before. Endless possibilities.

I'm also fascinated with mutants who have a foot in the magical world. Even though it didn't quite land I think there's still a lot of potential in "mutant magic" and it can be more than circuits to cast spells. Some mutants are just inherently magical like the ones you listed and it adds an extra layer to them being mutants. Even human brother Brian is a product of science and magic (and I'm thrilled he'll be in the lab again in the new book.) I'm fascinated by the fact that the Otherworld gene skipped Jamie but is within the twins, that their father is a being from Otherworld.

So we have Betsy in charge of a world that is literally in her blood. Here's their family tree which is really fun.

Exactly right, friend. Brian and Betsy with their Otherworld genes, Meggan's fae folk lineage, and now little Maggie who already is displaying her father's intellect, also a mutant, of the Otherworld line, and fae. She's the full package, with an Omega uncle lol.

I enjoyed the conversations here on CBR about a mutant magic school and even though JDW said there aren't any plans for it, I love that the question reached him and he's open to it. And I still love Devaishwarya's idea of a branch X-Office dedicated to Otherworld with a designated group of writers.

To be honest I suspect there may be an upcoming event centered on magic in the future. Gillen loves planting seeds and I feel he didn't have Selene go off on her rant about mutants being weak to magic for nothing. I'd love an event that pulls in the magical mutants with Betsy having a big role. Selene was last seen with Coven Akkaba so who knows.
    This stuff is just too delicious and you have given me much food for thought, I appreciate the little tidbits about pre x-world Brian & Betsy, I’m not super knowledgeable about that period but I do appreciate its importance in establishing and building up their mythos ….that reminds me how much Brian is currently in need of some attention and love by Tini, I’d appreciate to get some insight on how he is dealing with recent developments and going back to his root as a scientist is going to provide some modicum of entertainment for sure.

I like how Secret Wars has the potential to clear the board and add new elements the powers-that-be are interested in. I can see them holding the Braddocks, Otherworld and all that comes with them for such a reshuffle. I sense some planning happening behind the scenes for the family and that they’re positioning them for some bigger picture.

I keep thinking about Tini saying that everything in Betsy's book is building “to a really satisfying position for Captain Britain in the Marvel Universe…” in her recent X-Men Monday, and in the meantime she’s rubbing elbows and working with MU heroes. I can't stop speculating in my head on what she meant lol

This stuff is just too delicious and you have given me much food for thought, I appreciate the little tidbits about pre x-world Brian & Betsy, I’m not super knowledgeable about that period but I do appreciate its importance in establishing and building up their mythos ….that reminds me how much Brian is currently in need of some attention and love by Tini, I’d appreciate to get some insight on how he is dealing with recent developments and going back to his root as a scientist is going to provide some modicum of entertainment for sure.
    Agreed on more development for Brian, and I love that you used the word mythos because they're always important to me. It's wild to think that these characters debuted just one year after the Giant-Sized X-Men team, just under Marvel UK and so their early stories are not widely known. But after recently doing a deep dive I can say without exaggeration that they are some the best stories I've ever read. And it helped me better understand some of the things Tini is doing. I believe they're available on Unlimited now so that's a beautiful thing.

Our friend Uncanny here last year said something along the lines of "Betsy as written by Alan Moore, Alan Davis, and Jamie Delano matters!" and I was like YES! Our girl was a pilot, a supermodel by day and a STRIKE spy by night, a telepath with growing powers who learned she's part Otherworld, temporarily Captain Britain who endured being maimed and almost killed, all before she was brought over to the X-Men. Yup she definitely matters.
    Last edited by JB; 01-31-2023 at 03:47 PM.

So cute.
    By @blueromanticss on Twitter.

So cute.
    By @blueromanticss on twitter
    The phoenix and the butterfly what a power couple! Betchel or Rachsy? Rachabeth? Elizachel? Am I doing this the wrong way?

The phoenix and the butterfly what a power couple! Betchel or Rachsy? Rachabeth? Elizachel? Am I doing this the wrong way?

LOL It's been kinda hard landing on a really good combo name! I've seen Retsy but then someone decided to try their codenames and came up with Britskani. That one has taken hold as well as the variant Betskani which I love.

That image is gorgeous. I love their expressions and the playfulness of it. The couple has been getting a lot of love in the art world so please continue to share whatever you find. People are having a lot of fun out there.