• Captain America (616)

1 1.35%
  • A New Character

24 32.43%
  • Other

11 14.86%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    In the preview. And I can read Sumerian.
    I keep forgetting there's a lettered preview. Has any of the Sumerian been particularly revealing? I've always wanted the phrases translated so that I could find out what was being said.

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I've just recently learned of this Sise-Neg guy Dr. Strange faced awhile back...would be cool if it were him.
    Genesis spelled backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Genesis spelled backwards?
    Yeah, it wasn't Steve Englehart's subtlest work.

Incredible Member

Sise-Neg is a sorcerer from the future that Dr. Strange encountered. He was traveling back in time to absorb magical energy. He finally reached the beginning of time where he destroyed/absorbed the universe and became God. He then recreated the universe exactly as it was as a fave, defeated Shuma and now rests as the God of the current Marvel universe apparently. So every character you love isn't the original character. They are a recreation. Only Doc is the original.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

@robreedwrites: The number of the Earth that the door resides in according to the preview was Earth-1903990. I wouldn't know the language from the meeps my cat makes though some person claims to have translated a bit of Hickmans work (also claims it isn't Sumerian):
    http://ziqiqu.com/post/39642778333
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    @robreedwrites: The number of the Earth that the door resides in according to the preview was Earth-1903990. I wouldn't know the language from the meeps my cat makes though some person claims to have translated a bit of Hickmans work (also claims it isn't Sumerian):
    http://ziqiqu.com/post/39642778333
    Cool. Thanks for the link.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Rabum Alal is an anagram for "Aural Lamb." Aural meaning pertaining to the sense of hearing. Clearly this being has been working undetected and unheard in the shadows. Silent if you will. As for lamb, well, we know what that is. Where else have we heard the words "silent" and "lamb" together? That's right, you finally get me. Rabum Alal is an alias for Hannibal Lechter. He's somehow gained cosmic powers and is coming to snuff the Marvel multiverse.

Remember, you read it here first, folks.

BANNED

Its comic book Sumerian though not real.

I highly doubts it's the beyonder because he a dated character Marvel tends to mock on tumbler. Plus he isn't new or needs to destroy that slow.

Hickman tends to put tributes in his work, and some of the earth numbers had it too in his run. You just remove certain numbers.

BANNED

It's totally Miles Morales.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I've seen that said around the boards but no one seems to have access to a source (it apparently came from his formspring). Hickman's been know to be deceptive when it comes to revealing things.
    Here's your source:

http://new.spring.me/#!/JonathanHick...78133290869269

And whilte I'm at it, all of Hickman's Formspring answers:

http://new.spring.me/#!/user/Jonatha...line/responses

Quote Originally Posted by misterfranklin View Post
    Here's your source:

http://new.spring.me/#!/JonathanHick...78133290869269

And whilte I'm at it, all of Hickman's Formspring answers:

http://new.spring.me/#!/user/Jonatha...line/responses
    Awesome. Thanks. I thought all of Formspring's info was gone.

All-New Member

I'm going with new character, but only to a certain definition of new (as we've had enough alternative versions of characters that new could be quite subjective) and my second choice is the galactus seed, as the terminology used when talking about it feels very similar to what's happening now. (see below) edit: I'm dumb, why can't the Galactus Seed count as a new person as well? The idea of some out of control version of him fit's Hickman's idea of the ard as a horror story
    Last edited by cheltenham98; 03-08-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Galactus is not a fan of reboots. He declared " There shall be NO All New All Different Galactus, only Classic Galactus shall remain! ". So it was written, so it was played. And it was good.
    I make love, you make me sick.

I voted Tony Stark because
    1)He is missing
    2)He is on the cover of the ending issues
    3)He is the death, said right in the first issue
    4)Also His secret wars armor wars is the flash forward panel in the first issue
    5)He is technically a new character, the Superior Iron Man.
    6)I'm just going with the crackpot theory because it's fun

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    I voted Tony Stark because
    1)He is missing
    2)He is on the cover of the ending issues
    3)He is the death, said right in the first issue
    4)Also His secret wars armor wars is the flash forward panel in the first issue
    5)He is technically a new character, the Superior Iron Man.
    6)I'm just going with the crackpot theory because it's fun
    Fantastic ideas. I'll try to top this: The Great Destroyer is Extremis Ultron. Superior Iron Man, left with no allies hero or villain, decides to use the technology he's got to try and save the Multiverse. So Superior Iron Man decides to merge the capabilities of Extremis with Ultron, perhaps trying to hack in his own personality onto Ultron's.

The Beyonders are referred to as the "lords of white space." The only power that can possibly challenge the Beyonders as a group is he who can hack the entire white space on a scale that dwarfs what Doom was able to do building the machine that he used to open the door for Doom and Molecule Man.

So I think Ultron as a virus merged with Extremis, infected Worldcore, and acquired Worldcore's knowledge and capabilities, then entered white space as the alpha and omega, hacking the Library into existence. Only Superior Iron Man miscalculated and the Ultron personality asserted itself as being dominant. The Black Swans are an evolved Extremis Ultron's preferred perfected Praetorian Guard, his organic Jocastas. Perhaps Extremis Ultron even infects the Swans with a version of Extremis to control them.

What Extremis does is to first wound the body all over and then reprogram the body to reshape itself into something better. Well guess what Hickman has been saying, as has others at Marvel, the Multiverse is an organism. The Extremis Ultron thus sought to wound the Multiverse through the incursions with the goal of reprogramming the Multiverse. Extremis Ultron targeted Earths because of his hatred for life on Earth and also perhaps to jealously prevent the rise of other Ultrons in other Universes to his level. Perhaps the Beyonders then are both scientists seeking knowledge of what happens when a Multiverse dies but are also trying to destroy what they view to be a monstrosity, an infection, an Extremis Multiverse.

Also recall in the future, as shown in Hickman's Avengers when Steve Rogers was projected forward into the future, that there is a belief that Tony Stark is somehow either a villain who should be punished or a key to avoiding catastrophe.
    Last edited by jphamlore; 03-09-2015 at 12:40 AM.