Page 54 of 90 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Eh, when you have seven in the bag that's a pretty easy trade to make. Ask someone who hasn't won one yet.

Well, those Dolphins from 1972 and Bob Griese own the only record Brady hasn't been able to touch.

Unless you count inappropriate encounters with massage girls. That record is all Deshaun Watsons.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well, those Dolphins from 1972 and Bob Griese own the only record Brady hasn't been able to touch.

Unless you count inappropriate encounters with massage girls. That record is all Deshaun Watsons.
    I don't know, Robert Kraft might be able to give him a run for his money...

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I don't know, Robert Kraft might be able to give him a run for his money...

-M
    I dunno ...

New England did have an 18 and a 21 game winning streak (including playoffs). That is pretty impressive, IMHO.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-05-2021 at 09:38 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Looks like the Jags are going to sign Tim Tebow to play TE this year on a 1 year contract.

Former Chiefs LT Eric Fischer has signed with the Colts, and will be plying his trade protecting Carson Wentz this season.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Looks like the Jags are going to sign Tim Tebow to play TE this year on a 1 year contract.
    This sounds like Urban Meyer doing his old U of Florida QB a solid. Tebow will be 34 when the season starts, hasn't played football is something like five or six years, and, oh yeah....he's never played TE before. This is a joke.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Y'know, it might be too early to predict who will be the #1 pick in the 2025 draft, but I'm gonna go ahead and say that Peyton and Eli's nephew Arch Manning (Cooper's son) might end up being the kid.

No idea who might be tanking to get him in 2024, but it's something to look for in crystal balls I guess.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This sounds like Urban Meyer doing his old U of Florida QB a solid. Tebow will be 34 when the season starts, hasn't played football is something like five or six years, and, oh yeah....he's never played TE before. This is a joke.
    Or is it sending a jab at someone else who played QB......

BANNED

Maybe it's just a PR move/helping a friend. If it somehow works, great. Good story, local hero makes a comeback. If it doesn't, hey what a good guy giving a friend a shot at the big time again. It was never a big story, but we had him in camp as a potential back-up for Tom Brady (I shudder to think, and not that long removed from the '08 injury season) in 2013 when McDaniels was back and after an initial bump in headlines it faded quickly. Of course, that was the Hernandez murder year. Best forgotten all around.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In sad news Hawaiin legend QB Colt Brennan has passed away at young age of 37. Brennan set a ton of NCAA records passing the ball in June Jones offense. In fact he had record for throwing TDs in a season (58) until Trevor Lawrence broke it. And it took Lawrence 2 extra games to do it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I see no problem here for opposing teams.

All his fans will flock to Jacksonville, buy his jerseys, fill the stands & scream bloody murder for him to play. Jags will use him the way the Mets did, as pure $uckers. Jag players will have to breath through their teeth whenever he's around.

This is great.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 05-12-2021 at 06:51 AM. Reason: TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    I see no problem here for opposing teams.

All his fans will flock to Jacksonville, buy his jerseys, fill the stands & scream bloody murder for him to play. Jags will use him the way the Mets did, as pure $uckers. Jag players will have to breath through their teeth whenever he's around.

This is great.
    Jags had to tarp off a whole section before COVID so I am not convinced Tebow is enough of a sale to pop numbers.

He didn't in NE ... not sure he will here. Kind of sad a TE5 is taking up a spot. He better ball out or that coach will have his days numbered rather quickly.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Back years earlier Tampa Bay tried to sign Tebow to a H-Back/TE role in 2013 or 2014. Tebow refused saying he wanted to be the starting QB. Now he's essentially coming in years later at the near same position.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Back years earlier Tampa Bay tried to sign Tebow to a H-Back/TE role in 2013 or 2014. Tebow refused saying he wanted to be the starting QB. Now he's essentially coming in years later at the near same position.
    He can't throw, run, or catch?

What is the point?

I mean ... would you rather sign Dez or Kaep or nearly any other TE that is an UFA??

If I'm desperate and have a guy I'm personally friends with who will put butts in seats and get national publicity for a severely ailing franchise, I might hire that guy in a heartbeat even if he couldn't catch a cold, tackle a dead guy or run a lemonade stand. Depends on the contract and the state of my franchise.

Jags are practically circling the drain at this point. Even Cinci looks better than them!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.