Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    So rogers just up and try and recruit maximoff, offers her breakfast and daydream already about his new plan for the future of avenger with her...while the corpses of all the victims are still hot and scattered all around them.
    To the woman who actually killed them.
    And was shown toying with them moments earlier "for practice"...

Distasteful is not even cuting it at this point.
    I Wonder if the man would be so casual about all this blood if it wasn't mutant blood but sapien blood that had been spilled/vaporized.

and yet maximoff seems to be an unbalanced individual thanks to her trauma...

The colors were so pretty than all of a sudden... they weren't.
    Artistic inconsistency aside, I thought it was pretty good, the twist at end was nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ArcGospell View Post
    It's not like the Avengers never done anything similar, didn't Starbrand annihilate his school before getting recruited? i believe so.
    Well, he never exactly joined at that point. They sort of skipped right to the "prison orbiting the sun" part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    This would mean a lot more if:

-Wanda was not already a card carrying Avenger from the early days
    -She was actually surrounded by charred mutant corpses on M Day(aka if she actually murdered anyone)

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

We already know she killed a ton of Mutants all over the Multiverse, she nearly made them extinct, and she doesn't seem to care at all what she did as she would do it again as in her eyes Mutants lack culture and deserve to be manipulated by her.

Maybe Malloy will wipe Wanda from existence.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Maybe Malloy will wipe Wanda from existence.
    Wonder what his opinion would be about Wanda and what she has done and how the Avengers gave her a free pass while he's most likely going to be treated as a fugitive.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcGospell View Post
    It's not like the Avengers never done anything similar, didn't Starbrand annihilate his school before getting recruited? i believe so.
    I'm not fine with Starbrand and Ex Nihilo being Avengers either, so making that argument of bias against me just have me smile.
    Irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    How do you think Malloy should have been handled?

Each member of the X-Men had plans with solid points.

Prison? Think he'd agree to it?
    Put him down?
    At the very least not act as if those people weren't just killed by Malloy, even if it was by accident ?
    Did you read this last page ?
    Cyclops acts like absolutely nothing bad happened, as if no one died because of Malloy, as if conséquences were...inconsequential.

That's beyond cold, even by Cyke' standards.

The whole state was evacuated, that means millions of people displaced away from their homes right ? And innocent people died right there, with the bodies right next to him and being manipulated "for practice" by Malloy moments earlier...
    "You are just having a very unsettling day", "I think you are a one-of-a-kind blessing"...what the hell??
    And Summers tells all this in front of SHIELD command, chances are now they think he disregards sapien lives if it suits his revolution... He doesn't even reffer himself as a human anymore in his speech...
    Plain terrible.

Doesn't Malloy qualifies for manslaughter ?
    If Hill comes back to her sense, she has every right to have him face the justice system.
    Otherwise, Malloy is welcome to go somewhere else, she just gave him her benediction.
    Either are options, miles better than Scott using him for his revolution.

edit: Funny how various smokescreens are being set-up, as if drawing attention on other characters would help paint the scene in a new, less terrible light...
    Well, such antics are fun but it doesn't change what's on the page, does it ?
    That's bad.
    I said it in the preview, and I say it again now: if Malloy does join Summers in his revolution, and words got out on his involvement here, I don't see how it won't.cripple the credibility of Summers' movement in the public's eyes.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 10-15-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The colors were so pretty than all of a sudden... they weren't.
    Artistic inconsistency aside, I thought it was pretty good, the twist at end was nice.
    Different colorists. Beredo colored the first parts http://summerset.deviantart.com/art/...ge-3-488451501

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    At the very least not act as if those people weren't just killed by Malloy, even if it was by accident ?
    Did you read this last page ?
    Cyclops acts like absolutely nothing bad happened, as if no one died because of Malloy, as if conséquences were...inconsequential.

That's beyond cold, even by Cyke' standards.

The whole state was evacuated, that means millions of people displaced away from their homes right ? And innocent people died right there, with the bodies right next to him and being manipulated "for practice" by Malloy moments earlier...
    "You are just having a very unsettling day", "I think you are a one-of-a-kind blessing"...what the hell??
    And Summers tells all this in front of SHIELD command, chances are now they think he disregards sapien lives if it suits his revolution... He doesn't even reffer himself as a human anymore in his speech...
    Plain terrible.

Doesn't Malloy qualifies for manslaughter ?
    If Hill comes back to her sense, she has every right to have him face the justice system.
    Otherwise, Malloy is welcome to go somewhere else, she just gave him her benediction.
    Either are options, miles better than Scott using him for his revolution.
    True, he should face justice murder is murder. But it can simply be countered with why haven't some heroes who was killed not faced a court of law. Though, I did find it interesting that Cyclops told Matthew that the humans call him Cyclops.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

Storm didn't even argue her case, she stepped aside rather easily when Maria, Storm, and Rachel didn't agree. Besides, Storm already knows Rachel has far more potential to be one of the greatest leaders, among the other greats, in the X-Franchise hence why Storm, based off her own silent vote, follows Rachel, the main character, in X-Men and why everyone is giving Rachel the chance to succeed and fail as a leader so that she can grow, learn, and become better.

Storm isn't a Goddess, she's mortal. I also don't think the All-Mother would want Storm using "All" since that's her thing.

What's with you starting these things up again? Rachel already proved to be far more powerful than Storm and Storm knows it and later in X-Men Rachel easily subdued Storm when Storm was enraged and going all out with all her might.

Of course Rachel is outclassed in leadership. Storm has been leading a lot longer, that doesn't change the fact that Storm was wrong about the choice to kill Omega Sentinel while Rachel ended up being right. Not to mention that Rachel is growing very fast as a leader and Storm has, based off her own silent vote, given leadership over to Rachel with Rachel calling the shots and making the plans currently while Storm and the rest of the team follows Rachel's lead.

Well, I'm passionate and it made no logical sense for Bendis to kill Rachel when she's being used in other books/issues and planned for other books/issues in the future.

I didn't buy the coma or her getting seriously hurt either as that would give writers like RR a weak excuse not to use her in RR instead of the truth being that they didn't want to use her in a story she would be front in center in. Tean and Rachel aren't the same character, other writers need to understand that they're nothing alike and don't even have much in common other than some similar powers, red hair, and some DNA.

Bendis at the very least does seem to have taken note that other writers are making Rachel more confident as a leader and her wanting to take charge of things. A pity he had her fail but she can always learn from it and I'm sure MM wont have hard feelings about it if he meets Rachel and co. face to face.
    Please understand this is not a rachel versus storm debate because as Storm said she couldn't stop her if she tried.

With that Rachel herself said what occurred was her fault and that she pushed too hard. Again its a rookie mistake and I dont think anyone blames her. She is not used to making tough decisions and it can be overwhelming when put in such a situation as was indicated when she conceded defeat to magik. Its not a storm versus rachel thing its just fact. Scott's approach worked, Storm's suggestion to talk to him calmly with reason would have been much better as evident by what resulted from Scott's interaction.

What other options were available to peacefully end the situation? Letting Matthew continue to do whatever he wanted? Letting Maria Hill try to enforce her 'get off my planet' order? I'd like to hear some reasonable alternatives to Cyclops forming a rapport with the man, talking him down and trying to include him in something when Matthew must feel very alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

He could join the Avengers...

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Please understand this is not a rachel versus storm debate because as Storm said she couldn't stop her if she tried.

With that Rachel herself said what occurred was her fault and that she pushed too hard. Again its a rookie mistake and I dont think anyone blames her. She is not used to making tough decisions and it can be overwhelming when put in such a situation as was indicated when she conceded defeat to magik. Its not a storm versus rachel thing its just fact. Scott's approach worked, Storm's suggestion to talk to him calmly with reason would have been much better as evident by what resulted from Scott's interaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a
    What other options were available to peacefully end the situation? Letting Matthew continue to do whatever he wanted? Letting Maria Hill try to enforce her 'get off my planet' order? I'd like to hear some reasonable alternatives to Cyclops forming a rapport with the man, talking him down and trying to include him in something when Matthew must feel very alone.
    Rachel comes from a pretty bleak future where hesitation often leads to a lot of dead friends. Thinking the way she did may have been a nod to her past.

And I feel that Scott made the right decision. It would have been right no matter who made it. I'm pretty sure if Storm hadn't spent those few minutes out cold (and then wondering where her missing teammate was) she would have done the same thing.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

.... Did we really need another OMG-Omega mutant? This whole story arc has been stupid and nonsensical. Right from the get go, basing it all around Xavier's will is ridiculous, especially considering how many times he's died( or "died") already. Yet this has never come up before. I won't even go into that stupid married to Mystique thing, or the fact that the X-men and Avengers have been through so many world ending clusterf*&ks, that this should barely make them bat an eye in surprise. What it comes down to is a ridiculously played up continuity skewed mess, which is delivering a super weapon into Cyclops' lap. Either he is going to "magically" convince the godly whack job to suddenly be a good guy, or it will be Scott's trump card, as he goes full blow Magneto mode, in a bid for Mutant World Domination.

Either way... I don't care. <_<