Page 527 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 2742747751752352452552652752852953053153757762710271527 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 33258
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fissiks View Post
    just some guy pointing out things that he thinks proves Cyclops is wrong.
    Even if half of the entries in this list were accurate, what on Earth does it have to do with Cyclops being right or wrong, lol?

So...do we answer them?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Even if half of the entries in this list were accurate, what on Earth does it have to do with Cyclops being right or wrong, lol?
    idk tbh just a captain america fan reaching i guess

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So...do we answer them?
    I'm torn. There's more head canon than actual canon, lol. Is it ethical to even acknowledge it?

I mean, Cyclops "dissolving" the X-Men after Planet X? Just... wwwhhhhaaaat?

My response to those that say he shouldn't be leader.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

All right guys destroy this comment

Well, just going off moderately recent canon:

Cheating on Jean
    The Situation is more complex than that. Scott went to therapy to try and fix his marriage and was drawn into a psychic affair with his therapist. From a real life perspective this would be viewed as rape on Emma's part although personally I don't see it that way, that aside it's stressed that as a non-psychic Scott isn't aware and couldn't have been aware that this was a full affair and actively avoided making it physical to specifically avoid cheating on Jean from his perspective. Beyond even that Jean attempted to cheat on him and would have if Wolverine hadn't turned her down but nobody ever seems to give her crap for that, so I don't see why Cyke should get constantly derided when he tried harder to avoid temptation and more actively tried to fix their marriage even if he failed

Dissolving the X-Men after Jean's death, causing the Here Comes Tomorrow timeline (which Jean had to fix)
    He was depressed, he's human, I'm sorry he was sad his wife died. The real question is why any of the other leaders who hadn’t just lost a spouse didn’t do anything without him.

Setting up a secret mutant assassination squad
    It's generally agreed that that was necessary and he tried to disband it when it wasn't anymore. My real problem with this is including X-23 I may like Cyclops but that was messed up

Pushing Oya to kill, and generally militarizing the young mutant student body
    He didn't push Oya to kill he told her to do what she felt was necessary to save lives. It was giving her the autonomy to do what she thought was right or let her be the only survivor of a blood bath

Actively encouraging the Phoenix Force to reach Earth, endangering billions of lives
    He was acting under the belief that the phoenix was coming to bring mutants back from the brink, a belief that proved to be well founded

Allowing his P5 lieutenants to commit genocide against Wakanda and imprison dissidents in what may as well be Hell (Apologists will say "But Cyclops didn't know!". Well, he wanted to be the leader of the mutant race. What does it say that he can't manage just the 4 people directly reporting to him)
    As you pointed out he didn't know. I agree that he should have kept a closer eye on them but he was a little preoccupied trying to bring about utopia on earth, and trusting his allies not to go on a killing spree says nothing of his ability to lead mutant kind as he had already done so successfully beforehand. Mistakes made after that do not delegitimize earlier successes

Killing Xavier
    He's not the first Dark Phoenix to kill someone he didn't want to and he won't be the last but he will be the first and last person anybody blames for being corrupted by it

Giving up on Xavier's mission of human/mutant peace and interrelations, and adopting a more antagonistic platform
    He hasn't given up the dream he's simply using different methods to achieve it. These methods are more antagonistic because the world is more antagonistic and so far he hasn't really done anything that the X-men haven't always done

Deriding Dazzler and those that would work with humans as "Uncle Tom" mutants.
    Perhaps an overly harsh criticism but working with people he strongly suspects to be building specifically anti mutant weaponry certainly invited it. Nowadays Dazzler seems to agree

Pushing a new mutant kid to disable a SHIELD Helicarrier, endangering the hundreds on board as well as the potential thousands should it come to ground
    Hijack is 30 and commandeered the Helicarriers on his own after being kicked off the team

That's by no means a complete list
    That's almost every misconception about him that I'm aware of
    Last edited by BlackArmor; 11-14-2014 at 02:03 PM.

I just want on-panel evidence of Cyclops dropping the "Uncle Tom" bomb on mutants other than Dazzler, lol.

LOL @ the other X-Men setting something up w/o Cyke. HAHA, he always has to do the hard choice. Then gets blasted for it. You're a killer Summers, you're a bad guy, but that is ok I'm sleeping with killer myself. Type of thing.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    LOL @ the other X-Men setting something up w/o Cyke. HAHA, he always has to do the hard choice. Then gets blasted for it. You're a killer Summers, you're a bad guy, but that is ok I'm sleeping with killer myself. Type of thing.
    If only Scott could pull off the puppy eyes.

lol wow the world collapses because Cyclops decides not to pursue a relationship with Emma Frost and not be the leader of the X-Men...lol i guess that is proof that Cyclops will always be right.

lol wow the world collapses because Cyclops decides not to pursue a relationship with Emma Frost and not be the leader of the X-Men...lol i guess that is proof that Cyclops will always be right.
    Oooh, the universe would've collapsed, too, if Cyclops hadn't been the one to try and calm Jean Grey down during the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    So awesome for such a simple thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Oooh, the universe would've collapsed, too, if Cyclops hadn't been the one to try and calm Jean Grey down during the Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Yeah, that's another one that comes up frequently...Jean was able to overcome the Dark Phoenix long enough to help Xavier get her under control but Cyke couldn't and killed Xavier instead...nevermind that Scott was there to get through to Jean BEFORE Xavier tried to help her...all Scott got when it was his turn was a condescending lecture from Xavier and arrow through the throat...if Xavier had done that Jean in DFP, he would have been a pile of ash and the world probably would have followed.

Astonishing Member

He didn't really disband the X-Men...he just walked away from them because he'd lost the will to live...then Jean gave him the push from beyond the grave and Emma became his reason to live...anyway you look at it, Scott leading the X-Men is what prevented that horrible future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    He didn't really disband the X-Men...he just walked away from them because he'd lost the will to live...then Jean gave him the push from beyond the grave and Emma became his reason to live...anyway you look at it, Scott leading the X-Men is what prevented that horrible future.
    I've realized that even tought they had Xavier in here comes tomorrow the X men still went to hell. . .
    Now aplying flawed logic, in age of apo they also didn't had Cyke cos sinister actually adopted him instead of experimenting in him. Thus maybe everything went to hell in AoA because cyke also wasn't with the X men. Who'd think 20 years ago that cyke would end up being the main x man?